how about another gentle card as an antidote to all the bright colours and lights of Christmas!
I stared by stamping the main element from the Snowdrops set in black archival ink onto coconut white card. I swapped the sentiment to the Chill its your birthday as I thought it more appropriate for the icy topping I was putting on. Next I cut out the stamped image using a circle die from Sue's first release . I then added a piece of double sided adhesive over the stamped image and cut it out by hand. then I added microbeads that show the image through but give a look as if the image has been frozen.
Hopefully this picture will show what I mean lol. I then cut three panels of coconut white card covered in double sided adhesive using one of the outline dies form the mini striplet dies. I then covered each of these with microbes and inked over the top using cut and dry foam cover in flake and glitter glue. This makes the microbeads receptive to being brushed over with pearlescent mica powder. Once dry this alerts the translucency of the background giving an appearance of seed pearls.
A few double pierced layers ( sorry they are my favourite base dies so seem to be popping up on everything!) and finished.
Hopefully a gentle birthday card for anyone born in the winter of spring?!?
Enjoy...
Morning Jihn, a really beautiful gentle birthday card watched you demo this technique on Hochanda and meant to try it really must as it is amazing.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Good morning John. What a pretty card. The stamp is so delicate.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Morning John, what a beautiful charming card this is, so serine, I love it and yes I will try this out in the New Year, I have used the micro beads in the past similar to your sentiment on the round card but never done one by making it into the background i.e. seed bead effect - another one for my growing list of things to try ion the New Year.
ReplyDeleteNow have you caught up with all your cards and Christmas preparations - have you been delving into the fridge for the wine......I hope so because you have worked so hard this past year your head must be spinning........or have you been at that wine again.......ha! ha!
Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteStunning card as your always are, so sorry I have not blogged for a while but I always look in n your wonderful creations. Love the effect you have done on this one so beautiful.
May I wish you a Very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year
Love & Hugs
Jacquie J xxx
http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/
Beautiful card John.
ReplyDeleteElaine H X
Hi John Thank you.
ReplyDeletea lovely card the Snowdrops are already out in my garden.
Take care Kitty.
Lovely card John
ReplyDeleteLovely card, very pretty.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Good morning John, very classy I lo've it!!!
ReplyDeleteHave a good one!!!
Loopy Lynda xxx
Morning John, Loving the triptych and the very subtle colourway. I love it!!
ReplyDeleteLots of love from Patricia xx
Eh up John
ReplyDeleteNot the "microbes" again. I'm doing my best to stay away from them lol!
Great effect with the beads. Guessing you could do it with a coating of Versamark instead of glue.
Last day at work, thank goodness......exhausted.com!
Ang x
Hello John, a lovely frosty card, the snowdrops stamp is gorgeous. Love the micro beads. Have a good day. Bx
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteI love this card, and so happy I have the stamp set, makes my fingers itch to have a go.
Will have to wait, I'm babysitting my two Grandsons this morning, so I will have a go this afternoon.
Thanks for sharing.
Have a great day
Maggie
Morning John, lovely card this morning x
ReplyDeleteHi John once again a very classy card. Have a good day. Gloria (Sidcup ) xx
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteAn elegant card, I enjoyed the demo of this card on Hochanda.
B xx
Would love to receive this card on my birthday!
ReplyDeleteStunning
Carol
As you say John, a gentle, but very classy card. I go away tomorrow and will be missing for a few days so can I take this opportunity to wish you and all your followers a very Happy Christmas and a Prosperous New Year. SueL x
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteA gorgeous card.
Lydia
X
Love these panel cards, John.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Wonderful John, xxx
ReplyDeleteGood morning John a very restful card beautiful love from Jackie xx
ReplyDeleteBeautiful, delicate card - matching my mood! Just had an op and feeling blue! Your card has cheered me up and all your lovely blogs
ReplyDeleteLove Till Lady aka Anne x
Hello John
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful winter birthday card. Love the sentiment.
Look forward to more inspiration from you this holiday!
Lol Barbara W xx
Hi John,
ReplyDeletelovely card even though I'm sure you didn't cover it with microbes LOL. Not sure what you did to the microbeads , will have to go back and fathom it out - it's very effective.
Best wishes, Rose
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteAn incredibly beautiful card, I simply adore your snowdrop stamp.
:-)
Lorna D
beautiful card john
ReplyDeletex
Ah, the microbes make a welcome return appearance to make a lovely card. I like the idea of using the flake and glitter glue with the mica powder to change the colour.
ReplyDeleteTeresa
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely stunning card, love the tone on tone look.
Thanks for sharing
Heather
Thanks for sharing your idea and technqiue of applying mica to the microbeads. I never would have thought of this. Lovely look!
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card and who would have thought adding mica powder to micro beads would give such a beautiful effect. You always amaze me with these new techniques you come up with. I really love this one too.
ReplyDeleteHi John such a pretty card, quiet and peaceful. Love the idea of adding Mica powder to the Micro beads, will have to give it a try. Thank-you for sharing
ReplyDeleteWendyx
Love the mica with the micro beads John - great idea! Such a pretty card, I love the snowdrop stamp. Pat x
ReplyDeleteHi John this is a gorgeous card. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card today.
ReplyDelete