After yesterdays quick post due to the wonders of Mr Blogger I thought I would continue the tagged theme with today's post. One again I used up an old piece of background for this card. That is one of the area I think the Tag dies and now matching stamps come into their own as not only can you quickly sentiment a card that you have already made you can also make a card around the tag!
The piece that had been hanging around the craft cave for an age was this piece of paper grouted bed of roses embossing.
I cut part of the backing into 6 squares using the 2nd from smallest double pierced squares. Next I used the B set to cut 6 mats for these squares form vintage silver card. I mounted them , with foam of course, into a rectangle to make the background.
I mounted two strips of silver double sided satin ribbon down one side and added a bow and a dazzler. I ten stamped the medium take from my stamp set along with the sentiment in detail silver on the blue card and cut it out using the matching tag die form Sue Wilson for Creative Expressions . I added another tag cut in vintage silver for balance and finished.
Enjoy...
another great background
ReplyDeleteHi John.
ReplyDeleteThank you a brilliant card.
Take care Kitty.
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteAnother stunning card the background is gorgeous. I love these tag stamps they will be used so much by me. Along with the flag stamps. Fantastic idea John.
Have a great Sunday
Maggie
Wow this is awesome
ReplyDeleteCarol
Morning John, beautiful card loving the colours as well xx
ReplyDeleteMorning John, a beautiful elegant card today, stunning colours and the sentiment on the tag bought a smile to my face, the pierced edge to the tag looks great too.
ReplyDeleteStill hobbling around on my knee but the tablets are helping and the swelling has gone down.
Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Good morning John. Gorgeous background and the colours are striking.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Morning John, a beautiful dramatic card today.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Great card & love the sentiment.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Good morning John what a super card from a bit just hanging about! Love from Jackie xx
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card and yesterdays card is just as lovely , { nearly missed yesterdays card John }.
ReplyDeleteElaine H X
Hi John ,what a brilliant card. Just love the sentiment .Gloria (Sidcup) xx
ReplyDeleteEh up John
ReplyDeleteBizarrely, I'm getting purple and gold on my screen rather than silver but its absolutely gorgeous. Have a couple of sheets like this knocking around so thanks for the cracking idea.
Have a good one.
Ang x
Looks lovely and the roses are gorgeous, xx
ReplyDeleteWhat a great idea, John. I love the way you have used the ribbon as well.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Hi John this is a gorgeous card. I am making all my Christmas tags with Sue's my tags they are so classy. I think I need the matching stamps. Have a great day. We are seeing family now that can't go wrong can it? Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteSomeone above used the word striking to describe this, and this sums up this card perfectly. What a colour! You didn't mention the colour you used for grouting, was it the decadent denim paste! The cutting up of a grouted piece into individual squares and layering them with silver really does give a great look.
ReplyDeleteTeresa
Love the card. Love the colour. SueL x
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteThis is really stunning!
Design, colour and stamps are all a big wow for me.
:-)
Lorna D
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteA lovely card, I do like the grouting effect.
Lydia
X
Hello John
ReplyDeleteStunning card again today. Love the colours you have used and love the simplicity of the make, but makes the card look complicated!
The tag stamp is so appropriate for this time of year as well!!!
Lol Barbara W xx
A lovely card John xx
ReplyDeleteLove that John. Very beautiful!
ReplyDeleteHi John, another fabulous card, love the colours. Have a great Sunday. Bx
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteA lovely card today, I've been looking every day but blogger makes me sign in twice now on all blogs. I usually then forget to publish twice. What a bummer it is.
Love it. i have just treated myself to this EF (Hooray!) and I have the tags too. I will definitely be trying this idea if Santa brings me the Pierced Squares dies - I have been a good girl (well sometimes!) so fingers crossed.
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteSo elegant, I love this one.
Best wishes, Rose
Fabulous, love it John. Pat x
ReplyDeleteA gorgeous card again today, I love the way you have cut the background into seperate squares, definately need to get the peirced square dies and the rectangles.
ReplyDeletelove it.
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteStunning card, absolutely gorgeous.
Thanks for sharing,
Heather
Hi John another beautiful card.and a fabulous background very effective.
ReplyDeleteWendy x
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteI love it, that background looks amazing great idea.
Hugs
Linda xx
Gorgeous card today. Love it.
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteStunning colours, a simple concept that is utterly striking.
Plus, darn... I need that embossing folder!
Hugs, T x
I wish you were near enough to give me some tutorials! I started card making this year and am working very much on my own.
ReplyDeleteI wish you were near enough to give me some tutorials! I started card making this year and am working very much on my own.
ReplyDelete