Happy Monday,
Well I hope all the Christmas cards are made and written as I believe today is the last posting day! I have to admit that mine still aren't so I will try to get them all done and in the post today!
I thought I would share one of my favourite cards fork my recent stamp release. This uses the stamping with Gilding flakes technique however this time I have stamped onto acetate. I hope some of you were able to catch me demo this on Hochanda.
I stamped the main element from the camellia set with cosmic shimmer flake and glitter glue onto CE heat resistant acetate. I left this to go off for a few minutes ( whilst I cleaned the stamp it is very important to clean your stamps after using the flake and glitter glue as they remain sticky!)
Next I added a pinch of Silver Dream gilding flakes over the stamped image I rubbed off the excess using rubit scrubit foam ( this was originally designed for cleaning stamps as I have been reliably informed)
Next I cut a large frame in coconut white foundation card using the Double pierced squares dies and using the same technique I stamped the camellia border in 2 corners.
Finally I made up some of the camellia flowers using the SW complete petals die. I shaped them and added some small silver dazzlers in the centre. I grouped them in the opposing 2 corners and added a few layers of the coconut white foundation card.
Enjoy...
Morning John, what a stunning card this is and I was one of the lucky ones who saw you make this on Hochanda, the photos do not do it justice, it is truly beautiful. I will be trying out this technique and will let you know how I get on.
ReplyDeleteNo I have still got more Christmas cards to make.............and birthday cards before Wednesday, but there are not enough hours in the day are there.
Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteA beautiful card Thank you.
Yes I am done with Christmas, now it is birthdays. Take care Kitty.
Morning John, simply gorgeous I saw you demo it too it did look better on TV.
ReplyDeleteI have all my cards done and dusted thank goodness but still doing little things for Christmas trying to get a altered art canvas done for my great granddaughter nearly there but you know how it is you keep adding bits but will finish it today.
Nancyd xx
Just gorgeous
ReplyDeleteHi John, such a lovely card, beautiful stamping on the acetate. Have a great day. Bx
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card, so crisp & clean looking. All Christmas cards done, now I need to start on the 5 birthday cards I need for January.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Delightful ,so elegant .
ReplyDeleteElaine H X
Good morning John. Another pretty card. Just need to clear up Xmas stuff in my craft room before starting a couple of urgent birthday cards. Will be glad of a change of focus.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Hi John
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card, I loved your demo of this.
B xx
Good morning John this is a gorgeous card. I hope you get your cards finished it is last posting for first class today. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteHi John. This is a stunning card. I watched you demo this card. Have a good day .Gloria (Sidcup) xx
ReplyDeleteLovely card. I missed your tv demo of this so I haven't seen the technique of using gilding flakes on acetate. Another method to try sometime I think.
ReplyDeleteHave a good day finishing off your cards.
Teresa
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteAnother lovely card today, one of your stamp sets I haven't got yet, but will have in a few weeks.
I did watch the demo for this and must try this technique, I tried to use heat resist acetate before and it didn't work (to emboss maybe put the heat gun too close) but with this I won't need to used the heat gun.
Have a lovely day, thanks for the heads up about last posting day, I had posted all of ours but my Daughters have a habit of leaving cards here for family I'm not going to see over the holidays and I end up posting them.
Oh well.
We are off to fight our way through the crowds in the supermarket today, wish us luck lol.
Then back to do some crafting this afternoon or maybe wrapping presents first.
Have a great day
Maggie
A beautiful card. I love that stamp. Saw you do this on Hochanda. I never would have thought you could stamp with gilding flakes!
ReplyDeleteJust beautiful, John. I actually made a birthday yesterday - it was so good to do something different!
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Hiya Had to sign in again to be a follower John, did not leave you just something strange happening with google?
ReplyDeleteLovely card Carfty hugs Pen x
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteA lovely card. Had my cards done and posted the first week in December, feel quite pleased with myself.
Lydia
X
Morning John, your card is absolutely stunning xx
ReplyDeleteMorning John, I'm with you !! I still haven't finished my card yet either !! I hope you manage to get yours done and posted, thankfully mine aren't for posting, but I'm panicking because I can't think what to do, they're for children, hopefully I will get some inspiration today hahaha.
ReplyDeleteA beautiful card today, as always.
Lots of love from Patricia xx
Good morning John clean crisp and elegant a beautiful card. As far as I can tell everything now done just have a food shop and return my library books tomorrow. Will be at the Food Bank some of the week for last minute referrals and no doubt there will be some emergency requests but basically I can relax a bit. Hope you get some rest too! Love from Jackie xx
ReplyDeleteSo fresh and pretty John, xxx
ReplyDeleteLovely card John. Did watch you demo this, and I shall definitely try it when I buy the correct glue. Gill x
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card, I love your stamps and Christmas cards finished so birthdays are next for me although it will probably be after Christmas before I get the chance for crafting.
Thanks for all the great inspiration,
Heather
Beautiful card John,
ReplyDeletenot least because of your beautiful stamps.
Best wishes, Rose
Just gorgeous - love the card and technique.
ReplyDeleteMany thanks,
Sue Mac
Just gorgeous - love the card and technique.
ReplyDeleteMany thanks,
Sue Mac
Hello John
ReplyDeleteAnother beautiful card today. Really love the stamps you have used and using gilding flakes makes it shimmer and shine. Love it!
Hope you get all your cards in the post and I am sure the postmen/postwomen will do their best to deliver them on time.
Lol Barbara W xx
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteLove this card, saw you demo it with the gilding flakes onto acetate...very clever!! Got to have that camellia border stamp.
Love Janet x
from Wakefield
Hi John Gorgeous card and really like this stamp and how you have used the gilding flakes must try this .
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing
Jeanie.e
Wow John this is lovely really like the stamps on this card just beautiful
ReplyDeleteWendyxx
Wow this is so georgeous and utterly pretty I just love it and those stamps too.
ReplyDeleteI am really getting into stamping now thanks to your beautiful designs and inspiration and of course your instructions.
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteJust lovely.
:-)
Lorna D
Eh up John
ReplyDeleteWell, I posted my card to you today so hopefully you'll get it lol!
Super card and a great idea with the acetate. I'm guessing as its glue and not heat, normal acetate can be used rather than heat proof?
Gorgeous stamps!
Ang x
What a lovely card!
ReplyDelete