Don't forget Sue Wilson is launching the One Day Special tonight at 8pm! I thought I would show another card I made using some of the dies Sue has on the show. I was asked to make a sample for a wedding invitation for some marketing at Creative Expressions for a Scandinavian company and this is what I came up with, I hope you like it.
I stared by making a gate fold card form coconut white foundation card, I then used the new lattice Window die to cut the filigree sections in each of the two panels of the fold i used the detail and the insert cutting die. Next I cut 2 panels of wisteria foundation card using the outside cutting die form the triplet, I then cut the lattice section of the die in the centre of each of these panels and mounted these behind the front card panels.
Next I cut the largest die in the heart of hearts die in coconut white foundation card that I had covered in double sided adhesive. I then cut the centre section with the hearts form wisteria card using the largest heart die on the outside. Next I used the largest and the next size heart and cut a frame using coconut white foundation card. I removed the adhesive form the backer and stuck the wisteria heart over the top. I covered the exposed adhesive with microbes and added the white frame over the top.
Next I cut two of the buckle bars and hooked the two together adhering them at the back. This meant that I have to ends of the buckle coming across the front. When the card is closed the two ends of the buckle interlock ( I'm sure Sue will be demoing this tonight or tomorrow) I added a pearl in the centre as well as small 3mm stick on pearls on each of the joint of the filigree.
I hope this makes sense however here are a few more pictures which should hopefully help!
A lovely invite card John, i love the striplet die and the interlocking buckle looks great.
ReplyDeleteTake Care
Elaine H X
Morning John, this is absolutely gorgeous you could use it for any occasion it would make a beautiful birthday card too.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteWow this is so beautiful.
thank you so much. Take care and have fun Kitty.
Hi John
ReplyDeletewhat a stunning card love the colours thank you tracyw
Morning John, oh I am overwhelmed with the beautiful of this wedding invitation. what a wonderful keepsake it is for all the wedding guests, I know that the Scandinavian company must have been very, very pleased with this creation, I am going to be doing one of these in the new year, I have all the dies that you have used and lots of the bling so watch this space.
ReplyDeleteYes I will be watching Sue tonight and tomorrow, I bought both the buckle dies and have only seen a couple of cards using them (which I loved) so I am intrigued to see what Sue comes up with, in-locking buckles, yes a must for gate fold cards.
Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Beautiful card, one that would be kept long after the event has gone!
ReplyDeleteCarol
Hi John
ReplyDeleteWhat A Truly Tremendous Card, I'm Sure The Company You Did This Card For Was "Truly Thrilled" I Would Be I Really Love The Fabulous Colour Palette And Fantastic Dies, Thanks For Sharing John.
Hugs From Sam x
Carry On Creating ✂️✂️✂️
Good morning John this is a stunning Wedding invitation it shows off the dies so well. Have a great day today. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteLovely card!
Craft Hugs
Heather xx
Hello John, this is a really beautiful creation, fabulous colours, and shows how useful the dies are. Have a great day all. Bx
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card ,love this shade
ReplyDeleteWOW-this is truly stunning! Gorgeous-pretty & delicate.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Absolutely adorable John - the wisteria is my favourite colour :)
ReplyDeleteYou have made an amazing card John!!
ReplyDeleteXxRuth
Stunning card John. Love the colours and the Lattice Window die is perfect, very delicate.
ReplyDeletesharon :)
Hi John such a beautiful card .Love the buckle idea .Hope Sue demonstrates this on Hochanda as I have trouble following the written word I learn better visually .Thanks Gloria (sidcup) xx
ReplyDeleteHi John. Well, another week has flown by and I have loved all of your beautiful cards, as usual : )
ReplyDeleteToday's invitation is gorgeous, I wish I had seen it a few weeks ago when I was making some gatefold invites as I used ribbon to hold them closed, the interlocking buckles would have been perfect. Never mind, I will remember it for another time. I hope you have a good weekend. Take care x
Hi John
ReplyDeleteA beautiful invitation card. I'm excited about Sue's one day special launch this evening, the dies I've seen so far are great.
B xx
Eh up John
ReplyDeleteMicrobes? I hope not or the Scandanavians will be down with something lol!
Now why couldn't we have been friends when I was getting married as I would have adored having these as my invites.
Stunning!
Have a great day.
Ang x
Beautiful, John. It would need to be a small wedding though!!
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Stunning card John. I agree with Anne though - imagine having to make over 100 of these!!
ReplyDeleteStunning great lovely card
ReplyDeleteCrafty hugs Pen x
A beautiful card using some lovely dies. Love the use of microbes, they make lovely mute backgrounds. This could be a wonderful and extra special birthday card.
ReplyDeleteTeresa
This card is stunning John, have this die and I love it
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteWow this is gorgeous, a lot of work for a wedding invitation it would take a long time to make a number of these. Worth it though seeing the end results.
I'm looking forward to Sue's shows today and tomorrow and will tape them all. I am also hoping to get my Christmas cards finished this evening. After a very busy week I need craft therapy.
Have a great day
Maggie
Wow what a stunning card! I love your designs. Gorgeous colour too.
ReplyDeleteMorning John, Ohhhhhhh !! this is stunning !! I love how you have used the striplet and the buckle dies. Absolutely gorgeous !!
ReplyDeleteLots of love from Patricia xx
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteJust gorgeous.
Lydia
X
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely stunning!!!
I make loads of wedding cards so thank you for this wonderful idea.
:-)
Lorna D
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely stunning card, I love it and the colours are so lovely.
Thanks for sharing
Heather
That's really beautiful John. I'm sure any bride and groom would love to have that for their invitations. Great as a wedding greeting card too.
ReplyDeleteGorgeous. Love pearls. SueL x
ReplyDeleteHi John, a really lovely card, and looks so much more work than it took, so perfect for wedding invitations. Have put the 8pm to record just in case I forget, so thanks for reminding us. X Ros
ReplyDeleteGood morning John
ReplyDeleteWhat a stunning Wedding Invitation. It looks amazing and would be great in any colour...............although as always, love the colour you have used. The use of the pearls is so suitable for this invitation, but would also be great for a Pearl Anniversary Invitation! (Keeping a mental note of that!!)
The buckle fastening is lovely and would suite other types of card.
Thanks for the inspiration John
Lol Barbara W xx
Hi John
ReplyDeleteWhat a stunning card today. Love this die. Thanks for the inspiration these last few days. I have to keep looking in to comment but forget that I need to press publish afterwards, so keep loosing my comments.
Wow John I just love this card, absolutely lovely, love the colour combination. Thank you so much for sharing this with us
ReplyDeleteWendyx
Hi John Love the purple :-) My favourite. Loving how you have put this one together
ReplyDeletexx
This is truly lovely John. Like Ang I wish I had known you all those years ago when I got married!
ReplyDeleteLove Nancy xx
Hi John A really gorgeous card today so many fantastic ideas thank you jeanie
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeletegorgeous card, love everything about it. One interesting thing is the thing about the buckle die locking - I can see my wish list growing ever longer.
Best wishes, Rose
Breathtaking card. Well done.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful idea for a wedding card John, the colours too are beautiful....luv Ursula xx
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteLovely card John the wisteria is a beautiful shade love from Jackie xx
ReplyDeleteHello John,
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful invitation. I love the colors that you have chosen but if using it for a wedding you could use the color of the wedding to match. It would also make a lovely Valentine's card.
Beverly
Wow that is one gorgeous card, I love all the dies you have used on it.
ReplyDeleteThey are so pretty especially the lattice with the added beads and I am pleased you have used the heart die as I know I definately want it now lol
What a wonderful card John. A bride would be so happy with these invitations.
ReplyDeleteI'm rather late today as I've just returned from a few days visiting European Christmas markets. On a stall in Valkenburg there were some dies for sale but not a patch on Sue's which I am just watching.
Jan
Northampton
One word STUNNING
ReplyDeleteWOW John, this is a stunner, who wouldn't be pleased with this as a wedding invitation!
ReplyDeleteLove Janet x
from Wakefield
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card, love the dies you've used.
Hugs
Linda xx
Wow John. This is stunning. Really like this. Thank you for showing us.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card John I would love to receive this invite. Crafty Regards Julie Kay xxx
ReplyDeleteOh wow John, this is stunning! Love the Lattice die. it does look like beautiful church windows. Love the colours used and the added touch of the pearls. Love the buckle die too. xx Love Karen xx
ReplyDelete