This month the Design team for Creative Expressions are showcasing the new collection of Craft dies designed by Sue Wilson for Creative Expressions. I chose the showcase the stunning Daisy Cluster this week as it isn just so beautiful, different and versatile, a triple threat!
Whilst the die looks stunning just cut as a cent I could see a wreath as soon as I open the pack so that the first thing I did.
I stared by cutting the outline cluster four times from milk foundation card. Next I cut the matching daisy die ( this is designed to go behind to create a solid flower in the cluster) form baby pink card and mounted these behind the cluster.
I cut one of the double pierced squares from more milk acrd and whilst in the die I embossed it with the star swirls A4 embossing folder. This technique leaves a late line around the edge with all the detailed piercing. Whilst in the die i shaded the square using pretty in pink colour cloud blending ink shading it so that there is little if no colour in the centre.
I foam mounted the wreath above the square and added a pierced flag with the sentiment I also shaded this with the same pretty in pink to match.
To see what the rest of the team have been up to click HERE.
Enjoy...
Wow John the card is amazing! I love everything about it.
ReplyDeleteThe colours and the embossing folder are perfect, the pearls add that little bit of elegance.
sharon :)
Morning John, as Sharon says WOW this is gorgeous and in a different colour a fabulous Christmas card.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
stynning card ,beautiful colour
ReplyDeleteHi John.
ReplyDeleteWow what a little stunner this card is.
Thank you and take care kitty.
Morning John, oh yes I love today's card (not that I don't like all your cards) and in the soft pastel colours it certainly looks so beautiful, I did get the cluster die so I am definitely going to try this one if that is OK with you.
ReplyDeleteI had the CT scan yesterday where they put the blue dye through the aorta, went well, now waiting to see what the next step will be.
Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Hi John
ReplyDeletewhat a stunning card love the colours and the flowers thank you tracyw
Hi John
ReplyDeleteTruly Tremendous, Great Colour Palette I Just Love It!!!
Hugs From Sam x
Hi John, love this beautiful card, the Daisy Cluster die is on my wish list, as I think it would be perfect for so many cards. Love the pretty feminine pink. Take care. Bx
ReplyDeleteGood morning John. What a lovely card - daisy cluster is beautiful.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Wow John this is beautiful, love the sentiment too!
ReplyDeleteCarol
Hi John .This card is amazing !!!. I love everything about it. Like the sentiment also. Gloria(sidcup) xx
ReplyDeleteHi John .This card is amazing !!!. I love everything about it. Like the sentiment also. Gloria(sidcup) xx
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteThis card is absolutely stunning, another must have die set for me.
Wonderful, you are so talented, thanks for sharing.
Maggie
Stunning card John, a classic , a classic!
ReplyDeleteXxxxRuth
WOW-love this card, it's stunning.
ReplyDeleteMichele
I love it, John, such a pretty card.
ReplyDeleteB xx
Ooo just gorgeous !
ReplyDeleteElaine H X
Good morning John, beautiful card. : ) could you please write in English so I can understand : )
ReplyDeleteHave a good one!!!
Loopy Lynda xxx
Stunning card John.
ReplyDeleteMorning John, Really lovely, gorgeous colours and fabulous wreath.
ReplyDeleteLots of love from Patricia xx
Hi John. What a pretty card, love the pink. SueL x
ReplyDeleteStunning card John
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely stunning card. I love the way that you have used the die to make a wreath and the pink colour is lovely.
Thanks for sharing
Heather Treble
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card, love the way you have made the wreath, I have this die so will be doing something along these lines.
Lydia
X
This is beautiful, John.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Daisies, Butterflies and Cats are my most bought themed items. So this is a winner for me.
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteA sweet card today!
:-)
Lorna D
What a beauty - love the daisy die.
ReplyDeleteThank you John
Sue Mac
Beautiful John
ReplyDeletex
Hi John
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely Stunning love the die
jeanie
Thank you, thank you, thank you John. I won this die on Sue's blog and this is just a gorgeous way of using it. I don't tend to use pink but your card is so pretty I may make an exception.
ReplyDeleteYesterday's card was stunning sorry I didn't comment
This is so, so pretty
ReplyDeleteDoreen R
Hi John, such a pretty card, beautiful design and love the touch of pink, great sentiment, Kate x
ReplyDeleteI love this new die, did something quite similar with mine...beautiful card...luv Ursula xx
ReplyDeleteHi John, I really like this card. Thank you X Ros
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteLOVELY card and the sentiment is VERY apt. Your shading is exquisite, too.
Best wishes, Rose
Pretty in Pink! It's lovely John. The slivers of black do an amazing job making everything else pop.
ReplyDeleteTonbridge Sue
John, all I can say is wow. This card is soooo beautiful. Thanks for much for sharing with us how you created it. Have a wonderful day.
ReplyDeleteGood afternoon John
ReplyDeleteThis card is so beautiful and I love the way you have used the new daisy die.
I agree that the small amount of black balances the card fantastically.
Am off now to see what else has been created by the rest of the talented team.
Lol Barbara W xx
Lovely card today. Thank you for sharing.
ReplyDeleteWow John, this is so pretty and what a great way to use the daisy die.
ReplyDeleteVery feminine
Wendyx
Hi John, This is so lovely, another must have die (aren't they all). Denise
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely beautiful John! I have that die and would never have dreamt of using it to make a wreath. Thanks for the idea!
ReplyDeleteWow absolutely beautiful and very very pretty, I love the way you have turned the
ReplyDeletedie cuts into a beautiful wreath.
I really never would never have thought of doing that and I am so pleased I have this one on my list.
I do love the baby pink card too.
Beautiful card John. I have this die but I didn't think of using it as a wreath. Very clever. Best wishes Loraine Jefferis xx
ReplyDeleteWOW, such a stunning card, very 'pretty in pink'. Another die set to add to my list
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteWhat a great card. I used this die on a get well card at the weekend. It was well received! Such a pretty die when cut. Love the pink - I used your primrose card.
Love it!
Anne M xxx
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteI've just received this die so I'm so pleased you've put this card up, it's a lovely way to use the die the card is beautiful.
Hugs
Linda xx
John I like the new die and the design of the card very much. Beautiful colours and bow.
ReplyDeleteBest regards Petra
Eh up John
ReplyDeleteWell, this is the 4th time I've tried to comment......I thought you'd barred me hahaha!
I couldn't miss commenting as this is divine. You have done pink beautifully........a real stunner.
Hope you're still not stuck on the M1 matey.
Ang x
This is a gorgeous card today. Thank you for sharing.
ReplyDeleteThis is just stunning John. What a lovely die and the pink is very pretty. Pat x
ReplyDeleteLove this. So pretty!
ReplyDeleteGorgeous, pretty coloured card John.
ReplyDeleteMaria x
Pink? Did you really use that colour?,Lol. Amazing card. I really love it!
ReplyDeleteHi John, oh wow! Love this. It's so so pretty and love the colour baby pink used. Gorgeous! xx Love Karen xx
ReplyDeleteHello John!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card. I love it!
Looking for your stamp - a background one Sue used the other day - music and poinsettias - thought it was gorgeous. I'll find it eventually.
Love Myra
Hello John, just wanted to say thanks for all the tips and fab demo's at Lady Green on Saturday. I had to dash off at half time but hope to stay all day next time you visit. Watched your show tonight and the stamps and cards were gorgeous. Well done and thanks again Pauline, (mustard ).
ReplyDelete