I will be on Hochanda a week today with my Brand new winter stamps, I will be sneak peaking these later in the week!
Back to today and another large from made with the mini striplet, this time using the mini rose garden triplet in teal and milk.
I stared by cutting the second die in the double pierced squares set form Sue Wilson for CE. This is the perfect size for making the frame. I simply placed the filigree section of the striplet on each edge in turn to make the detailed frame.
To make the frame in the centre I used one of the smaller squares in the set to cut an aperture in the centre of the milk piece. I then added double sided adhesive to a piece of teal foundation card and stuck the milk filigree frame to this and covered the exposed adhesive with diamond sprinkles. Next I used the next size down to cut an aperture in a piece if teal foundation card. I then used the largest die in the set to make the frame around the frame ( if that makes sense) in the teal card.
I stamped a sentiment in the centre of a scrap of milk card using turquoise pool colour cloud blending ink.
To finish I made a bow using the jute twine and added a spray of laurel leaves, these I had shaded with the colour cloud. I then cut a couple of the string flowers and shaded these the same.
Don't forget Phill Martin is on Hochanda today with his new stamp range at 9am, 12pm, 4pm and last chance at 7pm!
Enjoy...
Morning John, a really lovely card today love the flowers ans sprigs.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteA very pretty card Thank you. Take care Kitty.
Good morning John, gorgeous card I love it!!!
ReplyDeleteHave a good one!!!
Loopy Lynda xxx
Hi John
ReplyDeletewhat a stunning card love the colours thank you tracyw
lovely card today love the flowers
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteI love the way you use the striplets as borders. It has caught on with me - it makes such a pretty frame. Nice colour way today.
Anne M xx
Beautiful card, love the sentiment
ReplyDeleteCarol
Eh up John
ReplyDeleteI may have used a different colour ink but other than that, marvellous card. Think you have the Striplet bug like some of the rest of us lol!
Have a great day.
Ang x
Morning John, do you know you brighten up my day with all your gorgeous cards and this one is no exception, I love it. Will have to try this when I get a chance.
ReplyDeleteStay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Hi John, a really great card, must try the frames with the striplet dies that I have. Have a great day. Bx
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card. Love the frame and the way you've done the Colour Cloud on the leaves.
ReplyDeleteUsing striplets like this always makes a lovely card.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteI'm looking forward to your shows can't wait to see your new stamp sets.
This card is stunning I love the Rose striplet set. Will have to save my pennies up for the noble squares though.
Have a great day
Maggie
A cracking card and sentiment John, i love it !
ReplyDeleteElaine H X
Morning John .Another stunning card .Just want to say how much I enjoy your shows on Hochanda so helpful. thanks Gloria (sidcup) xx
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card, John. Looking forward to seeing your new stamps.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Stunning card, love what you have done using the striplet die.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Hi John
ReplyDeleteThis is my favourite technique, cutting the striplet to make a frame. A lovely card.
B xx
What a lovely card again John, many thanks
ReplyDeleteCrafty hugs Pen x
Good morning John the striplet certainly makes a super background. Love from Jackie xx
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteStunning card, I love this die set and it's on my Christmas list which is a fairly long list, but I was asked to make a list. I don't think Mr T quite knew what he was letting himself in for!
I love the way that you make frames with the striplet dies and this one is absolutely gorgeous. The teal colour is beautiful and really sets off the design.
Thanks for sharing,
Heather Treble
Simply gorgeous
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeletejust beautiful, love the colours and am resolved to do the striplets as a background using your technique (hope I can remember it correctly).
Best wishes, Rose
Morning John, What a fabulous creation, the striplet dies are so adaptable, you would never have thought that this was produced with a striplet die. Gorgeous !!
ReplyDeleteLots of love from Patricia xx
Hi John. A beautiful card to start the week. This is such a pretty Striplet, they are so versatile aren't they : ) I am looking forward to seeing your shows. Take care x
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteLovely lovely card today. I especially like the strip flowers. The background never looks like it's been made from a striplet does it.
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteThis is a gorgeous gorgeous card!!!!!
:-)
Lorna D
Just because I said I needed to practice doing frames with the mini-striplets, did not mean you could put another example up! Lovely card John - shows what a lovely card can be made from a few items and a little know-how. I think you are going to have to do a workshop at Kettering HQ just on the striplets - so people can practice extending them in any direction and creating these frames - hint hint.
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card John, just been watching Phill. See you Saturday. xxx
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteAmazing card done with very little, the striplets are one of my favourite dies.
Love Janet x
from Wakefield
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteLovely card, I love striplets, so versatile.
Lydia
X
Great card today. Look forward to seeing your new stamps - I've enjoyed using the Pear Square and Twelve Days backgrounds and am ready for more inspiration!
ReplyDeleteTonbridge Sue
Lovely card John.
ReplyDeleteLove Nancy xx
A really love card, these striplets are so versatile...thank you John....luv Ursula xx
ReplyDeleteH John, such a pretty card. I do like the Rose Garden Striplet, makes a fabulous background on cards
ReplyDeleteWendy.x
Wow I love this card, it is so elegant and stunning.
ReplyDeleteI love that the striplets can be turned into beautiful backgrounds such as this.
I just need to get my hands on those dies now.
John, this is one of my favourite cards that I saw when you were at Northallerton. It is amazing. I know you are in great demand but we'd love it if you came back up north next year. Love this card!
ReplyDeleteVery pretty card today. Love it.
ReplyDeleteHi John, lovely card and love the Roses striplet used xx Love Karen xx love the teal too! :)
ReplyDelete