Happy Monday,
Ive had a brilliant 4 days travelling around between demos at the NEC and up in Blackpool its been great to see so many of you and get to say hi to my blog family in person! I hope you don't mind but its a quickie today using just one die as time seems to be running away from me again!
I made this wave card on Hochanda a couple of weeks ago simply by cutting the lynx Gemini die, along with one of the border pieces in the set, from 3 different blue shades of foundation card. I foam mounted these above each other to give the tonal wave look and added the happy birthday expressions die in white.
Longer post tomorrow and a sneak peak of this weeks shows!
Enjoy...
Morning John, this is a fabulous card a great one if you forget someone's birthday and have to do a a last minute one. Glad you had a great weekend lasting four days looking forward to your shows this week on Hochanda.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Beautiful card today John
ReplyDeleteCarol
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteWhat a brilliant card thank you, you have restored my mojo, I really need a quick idea. thank you take care Kitty.
Good morning John, I saw you demo this card!!! Loved it then!!! Love it now!!!
ReplyDeleteHave a good one!!!
Loopy Lynda xxx
Hi John
ReplyDeleteI saw you demo this card it's beautiful the colours are great thank you tracyw
Morning John, you must never say sorry for a short blog, what ever you do is always interesting and informative, and I know your past few weeks have been extremely hectic, I know I share with others in thanking you for all you do.
ReplyDeleteOn a personal note I would like to thank you so much for yesterday at the NEC, it was truly wonderful to meet up with you again and to thank you personally for all the fantastic things you do, we certainly put the world to rights didn't we, and seeing your cards in the flesh really did bring them alive, THANK YOU, oh and I enjoyed the jelly babies and chocolate biscuits too and well as the other things. I was also really lovely to see all of my crafty friends and catch up on things with them, made my day.
So to today's card, I remember seeing you make this on Hochanda, it is one of those really quickie cards that you can make without putting the greeting on the front and then you can quickly add it when the card is needed, you could make a few in Christmas colours and then add the lovely word dies afterwards.....well you know what I mean....
This morning I am going to be unpacking all the goodies that I got at the show and having a play...............
Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteI watched you demo this card on Hochanda it's good for a mans card, and could put flowers on for a woman's card.
I'm looking forward to Saturday I have booked for the morning workshop. I will have to set my HD box to record all your shows on Friday in case I miss some.
Enjoy your prepping for the shows.
Maggie
Good morning John this is a stunning card. I love the design simple is good not everyone likes a fussy card. I do hope you get some time to relax. Have a great day. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteGreat card-quickie or not. Perfect for a mans card or someone who loves all things nautical.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Brilliant quick card John..
ReplyDeleteI'm must have a go at this one
see you on Hochanda.
Gina x
Fantastic card! What a great idea to use the die to make waves, so effective. Debra x
ReplyDeleteWow that is a quickie for you, still lovely though, xxx
ReplyDeletesaw this one being made on hochanda ,lovely die ,so manyuses
ReplyDeleteMorning John, A lovely quick card, and could easily be transformed into an 'ocean scene' card.
ReplyDeleteI bet you are shattered after all these days 'here, there and everywhere', and now getting ready for your marathon on Hochanda. I'm looking forward to your shows.
Lots of love from Patricia xx
A lovely crisp clean looking card just right for the men in my life, i think they would love this.
ReplyDeleteElaine H X
Thank you. Inspiration for a quick card. Hope you have a bit of a break today.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Hi John
ReplyDeleteA lovely clean and simple card.
B xx
Lovely card John ...great use of the die.
ReplyDeleteLooking forward to the shows,
XxxRuth
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteIt might be quick, but still a stunning card.
:-)
Lorna D
Eh up John
ReplyDeleteTop notch card for the guys in blue. Sometimes quickies are goodies ;-)
You'd better be resting today!
Ang x
It may be simple but it's so effective. You must be absolutely shattered - try to have a break today.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Sadly I must have missed you demo this one AND I can only see two shades of blue It is an amazing card So in real life it probably looks even more spectacular In different colour ways would suit so many occasions I haven't got this die so I'm going to have a play with Lyra...
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed the tv demo and liked the fact that this die could be used both up and down to produce two totally different effects as a result. The shades of blue really made this offering.
ReplyDeleteI don't suppose you will get much rest after the NEC preparing for the next shows. Looking forward to them.
Teresa
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteA great card using the one die.
Lydia
X
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card, I love it. As others have said it's suitable for all kinds of occasions.
Hope you can have a rest today after all your travels this weekend.
Thanks for sharing,
Heather Treble
Hi John, a beautiful card. Love the die.
ReplyDeleteHi John, lovely card using three different colours. Oooo can you imagine in dark blue and silver or red and gold....mix and match any colours really! I love this die, it's so elegant. Hope you're going to have a bit of a rest soon and so glad you met quite a few of your fans too. "Thank you John" xx Love Karen xx
ReplyDeleteHello John, simply beautiful, that is a wonderful die and the colour theme is fabulous.
ReplyDeletePleased to hear that you enjoyed the NEC, you've certainly had a very busy time recently, Kate x
Morning John, lovely card, saw you do this on Hochanda.
ReplyDeleteHope you enjoyed the NEC but really hope you manage to have a rest from zooming all around the country or you will just grind to a halt.
Wendyx
I love the birthday die. This card makes me think of summer again.
ReplyDeleteShirley
Afternoon John A simple but effective card. Looking forward to seeing you on the TV this week
ReplyDeletePen x
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteA simply beautiful card, I love the way yo've used the die. And it would do for men, too.
Best wishes, Rose
Great simple card!!!
ReplyDeleteWe need these quick cards sometimes.
Gailgale
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteSaw you demonstrate this, brilliant card quick and easy to make.....5 star effect.
Love Janet x
from Wakefield
HibJohn
ReplyDeleteSuch a quick but stunning card today John. Love this colour combination. I'm glad you had a great 4 days between the NEC and Blackpool.
So effective John love from Jackie xx
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card and would make a wonderful male card, I love how the different colours work layered like that
ReplyDeleteLovely card John and I bought this die on your say so. SueL x
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteLovely card, wonder what it would look like with my Lyra die? Hope you get to have a rest now.
Hugs
Linda xx
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteGreat CAS Card today. Like it a lot.
Glad you had a good time at the NEC and in Blackpool
Maria x
Beautiful card John.
ReplyDeleteLovely card looking forward to the shows. Take Care Melody xxx
ReplyDeleteBrilliant idea, love it xxxx
ReplyDeleteHugs T x
Hello John,
ReplyDeleteA bit late but I love this card - so effective yet fairly straightforward! Thank you.
Love Myra