It's a Christmas theme over at Creative Expressions blog this month as we show a selection of cards and projects made using some of the latest Christmas Die release from Sue Wilson. How are you getting on with your christmas Cards? I know a lot of crafters don't like to start too early so we thought a little inspiration was sue!
For today's offering I cut the background in white then shaded through the die using can blue colour cloud blending ink. I covered a piece of cobalt foundation card with double sided adhesive and added iced snow. I then forum monueted the joy to the world over this. Next I added a frame, again cut from cobalt, into which I had added a piece of acetate. This allowed me to foam mount this over the die cut and add more iced snow so that I made a shaker card front as the iced snow catches on the die cut and the background giving random pools of snow.
Finally I added a few layers of coconut white and cobalt to the frame and background along with an embossed panel made using the snowflake lattice embossing folder with the snowflakes highlighted with more of the colour cloud.
I added poinsettia stamped and embossed with the shaded poinsettia stamp to die for onto cobalt card. I made up the flower as shown with some pearl swirls ( which I will have on Hochanda next week) and a dazzler centre.
Pop over the the Creative Expressions blog HERE to see what inspiration for your Christmas Cards the rest of the team have. It would be great if you could leave a comment or two on there as well!?!
Enjoy...
Mondays card giveaway was Pat S Witney, please email your address to Lockers@live.co.uk Pat and I will post it out to you!
lovely card for christmas Jihn
ReplyDeleteHi John.
ReplyDeleteSmashing card thank you take care Kitty.
ps I have the Black and white card from Julia's shop lovely.
Morning John, a really fabulous card for Christmas I have about 20 done but will really have to get cracking as time is marching on but I keep getting distracted doing mdf pieces for my grandchildren and myself all your doing John.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Good morning John, another stunner this card is beautiful!!!
ReplyDeleteHave a good one!!!
Loopy Lynda xxx
Morning John, another super duper card today, I love cobalt blue and white on cards, I didn't know that there was a cobalt blue in colour cloud......... I must look out for that one.........I always check the CE blog every day but rarely comment on it because I comment on the individual blogs, looks like I should add another one to the list............Anyway, I am off to craft club this morning, we are doing a Christmas card called 'Silent Night Music' which I created myself, I will send you a picture of it.
ReplyDeleteStay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Whoops sorry forgot to say congratulations to Pat xxx
ReplyDeleteHi John, this card is superb, love the dark blue, really striking, Congrats Pat on winning the giveaway card. Have a great day all. Bx
ReplyDeleteGood morning John this is a stunning Christmas card I love the design and the dies are amazing. I have made quite a few Christmas cards already but I still need to make y few more. Have a great day today. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteStunning card John! Love the use of the cobalt card especially for the lovely poinsettia. Debra x
ReplyDeleteReally pretty card, John .
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Stunning card today. Congrats to Pat.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Gorgeous John, poinsettias are to die for,, xxxxx
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteA stunning card today John, then I do like all the cards you make.
I keep looking at the joy to the world die wishing I had bought it but I'm trying to be good.
It's on my must have list which is ever growing lol.
Have a great day
Maggie
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteAmazing card I love it. Haven't even done a single Christmas card yet. I have wedding cards to make for my mum and sister to send to Australia. It's so hard to get motivated inbetween flare ups with FM but hopefully will start soon.
Hugs
Linda xx
Congratulations Pat enjoy your prize.
DeleteMorning John, A lovely card, I'm loving the 'bling'.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations to Pat.
Lots of love from Patricia xx
Lovely card John. All my Xmas cards are made, written and ready to mail!
ReplyDeleteGood morning John, just read foxyg's comment, some folk are too organised! Liking the die and embossing folder you have used and the blue and silver add a touch of elegance. Love from Jackie xx
ReplyDeleteHi John .I do like this card .I looked at the design team blog as requested. Have to say you all are in a class of your own .Gloria(sidcup) xx
ReplyDeleteA lovely card, John.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Hi John. Love today's card. I have made 3 Christmas cards so far. So much for my plan of making a few each week starting back in January! Have a good day. Take care x
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteSimply divine, love the sparkle!!
:-)
Lorna D
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteA gorgeous card, love it.
Lydia
X
A lovely card John. Congratulations to Pat.
ReplyDeleteLike the design of this. Love the use of blue for Christmas. Your embossed background has given me a thought for the next batch of cards I shall start this afternoon. Only four made so far!
ReplyDeleteTeresa
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteLovely card, fantastic poinsettia.
Love Janet X
From Wakefield
Eh up John
ReplyDeleteI'm guess that the photo isn't showing this in its full twinkling glory as I bet it sparkles like billyo in real life.
Erm, I think I've done 3 cards for Christmas so I'd better crack on.......or I'll come and half inch some of yours lol!
See you tomorrow.
Ang x
Beautiful card John
ReplyDeleteCongratulations pat on your win!
Hello John, this is such a striking card, what a wonderful background, I really love the whole design.
ReplyDeleteCongrats to Pat on her win, Kate x
Morning John, A great card today, and one of your favourite colours - I think. I don't have this die but I am sure the design could be adapted using a different sentiment.
ReplyDeleteWendyx
Hi John
ReplyDeleteWow what a stunning card you've done for us today. Really like the one although it doesn't look like Colbalt Blue on my screen. Whoopee I've won the Monday giveaway and I simply loved this card. I've emailed you my address already.
Lovely card today John,
ReplyDeleteAll my cards for UK are made ready to write and take with me to Uk. My daughter will then post for me in December.
Rest done, waiting for me when I return.
Love Nancy xx
I just love the effect of the dies making the flowers just beautiful
ReplyDeleteHappy days Pen x
Hello John
ReplyDeleteReally beautiful card again today. I just love the cobalt blue that you have used.
Oh and I have not started Christmas cards yet..............still busy making other occasion cards.
Hope to start 'Christmas' after my visit to the NEC at the week-end!
Lol Barbara W xx
love the poinsettia and the cobalt coloured card ,Laura O
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card, I love the background die and the poinsettias are stunning. I have the poinsettia dies and stamps but not the background die. The colours are beautiful too. Congratulations to Pat.
Thanks for sharing,
Heather Treble
Hi John, amazing card. I really love this Cobalt blue card it's so rich and elegant. The iced snow, well it does sparkle so much and that's why I love it! Beautiful card through and through x "Thank you John" xx Love Karen xx
ReplyDeleteHello John,
ReplyDeleteI've taken the plunge , joined your blog and decided to comment! I've looked in often in the past but you show so many lovely cards I wanted to say " thank you!" Thanks too for tips on Hochanda - really appreciate those.
Today's card is lovely! I love this Die and have used it quite a bit! I've made about 30 cards so far but there is a long way to go!
Congratulations to Pat!
Love Myra
Gorgeous! Love the colours I have just been given the Shaded Poinsettia stamps as a birthday present and love 'em I don't stamp (usually) but slowly becoming a fan Live the colours too
ReplyDeleteanother gorgeous card today, I am so pleased you have used the joy to the world
ReplyDeletedie as I bought this and was a little stuck for inspiration.
This is just perfect.
Love this card and I have the die. Congratulations Pat. Well done!
ReplyDeleteLovely card John love the colours. Take Care Melody xxx
ReplyDeletePs Congratulations Pat! Wonderful! xx Love Karen xx
ReplyDelete