Happy Saturday,
I travelled up last night to Blackpool for today's demo at Burnside strikes demo day pop in and say hi if you are in the area!
Today's card is one of the demo pieces I have made for today's demo. Its made using the butterflies in flight mini triplet from Sue Wilson for Creative Expressions. To make the frame i used a combination of the double pierced sure dies and the mini triplet. I will be denying this technique on Hochanda on Wednesday or Thursday so if you can't make the demo you can tune in to catch this technique later next week.
The flowers are one of my new favourites the string flowers die set. these are so easy to use as you get all the different layers from the die on one cut, you know how I love ease! lol
Ill be back at the NEC tomorrow for the last day of the show and looking forward to meeting more of you there as well!
Enjoy...
love how the striplet dies have been used to make a frame
ReplyDeleteGood morning John, love today's card!!!
ReplyDeleteDon't go wearing yourself out!!!
Have a good one!!!
Loopy Lynda xxx
Morning John, a really gorgeous card looking forward to seeing the demo next week
ReplyDeleteNotice your on Hochanda today with flowers so must be a repeat have set to record just in case.
Nancyd xx
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteGreat card Thank you.
Have fun and take care Kitty.
Wow John, I absolutely love it. I'd no idea you'd used a striplet. I can't wait to see the tv demo next week to see how you did it. Amazing!
ReplyDeleteB xx
As Barbara says, no idea this was a striplet so wait keenly to see the demo next week.
ReplyDeleteGood to see you yesterday and watch your demo. I am going to try the flowers out at craft club this morning. Thanks for the chocolate!
Safe travelling.
Jan
Northampton
Morning John, oh I like this card, looking forward to seeing you demoing it, hope the crowds let me through as I can't stand for any length of time. Do you know I don't think I have this die set...............best check that out, might be able to get it at NEC.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy Blackpool and safe journey back to Birmingham.
Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Wonderful card John! Love how you used the striplet die for this, very creative. Have a good time in Blackpool. Debra x
ReplyDeleteGood morning John this is a stunning card I love the bright colour. I am looking forward to finding out how this card was made but I will have to wait until you are back on Hochanda. Have a great day today. Take care with all the travelling. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteReally lovely card John , love the dies and the way you have used them,
ReplyDeleteXxRuth
Morning John, This card is lovely, I am looking forward to watching you demo this technique to see how you have used the striplet. I love these flower dies.
ReplyDeleteLots of love from Patricia xx
Lovely card John. Have a great day in Blackpool. I'm off to the NEC. With this weather I'm glad I'm indoors for the day. SueL x
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card & brilliant use of a striplet die.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Wow wow wow
ReplyDeleteLove it
Carol
What a beautiful card John and such a clever way to use the striplet. I'd never have thought of it. Look forward to seeing you demonstrate it on TV.
ReplyDeleteLove love love it I've set TV to record already I have this Striplet die and love it So I'm very keen to see this demo Enjoy Blackpool Are you a stick of rock or candy floss man? Me- I'm candy floss
ReplyDeleteHave a good day in sunny old Blackpool. Gorgeus card today as ususal and looking forward to the shows next week, xxx
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteAnother wonderful card today, I must used my butterfly striplet set. I haven't got round to playing with it yet.
Have a lovely time in Blackpool, I hope the weather is kinder to you there, it's horrendous here.
Maggie
Hello John, love this card, the die is fantastic and the yellow card is so striking and brightens the day. Hope the demo day is good. Safe travels. Bx
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card and color .
ReplyDeleteElaine H X
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card, another great use of the striplet.
Lydia
X
Lovley card
ReplyDeletePen x
Wow - this is gorgeous, John. I need to make a special birthday card and this will be ideal.
ReplyDeleteHave a good day and drive carefully.
Anne (Northampton)
Hi John. I love how you have used the striplet and the flowers are pretty too. Have a great day demoing. Safe journey home. Take care xx
ReplyDeleteI love the way you have used the striplet for the background. The flowers are just gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteAm intrigued as to how the striplet was used to make this background so will have to make sure I have the recording in place for Wednesday and Thursday even if you are 'denying' it. LoL.
ReplyDeleteHave a great weekend. I am sure the denizens of Blackpool will enjoy watching you and get a lot of ideas.
PS Can I have my card . Pretty please. -)
Teresa
Eh up John
ReplyDeleteHave you been at the Vimto again lol?
Gorgeous filigree background you have created.
I wouldn't bother going for a paddle today matey.
Ang x
Very nice card. X
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteFabulous card love the colours, brilliant background.
Love Janet x
from Wakefield
John,
ReplyDeleteCould you please do a tutorial on how you made the filigree border with the dies? I am unable to watch Hochanda when you are on and don't have your channels to record. Love this card.
Hi John
ReplyDeleteAnother stunner today. I'll be recording your shows as usual I'm still catching up on your last lot of shows. I hope Hochanda don't change the titles again so they record. Have a great day in Blackpool and in Birmingham tomorrow.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteHi John oh I love the card you have made today .Will be watching your shows on Hochanda .Gloria(sidcup) xx
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteVery pretty card and another with that gorgeous butterfly striplet that I haven't used yet. Will definitely be watching your shows.
Hugs
Linda xx
Hi John such a lovely card. I am looking forward to seeing how you used the striplet to make the background, as it so pretty. Hope you enjoy the NEC
ReplyDeleteWendyx
Hello John,
ReplyDeleteI was at the NEC yesterday but despite my best efforts didn't see you! At least you were spared that! I had a lovely day but rather tired today. I found it very warm there. Today's card is lovely and yesterday's was too. Thank you !
Love Myra
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card, I think that you have used a similar technique with the quilted squares striplet die. I only remember because I had a go at it too and the card was given to my lovely step-granddaughter for her birthday last Thursday.
Hope that you travel safely, the weather here is very wet.
Thanks for sharing,
Heather Treble
beautiful card ,love the frame ,Laura O
ReplyDeleteJust back from holiday, missed your cards. Love this one, just had to order the flower dies.
ReplyDeleteHi John, this is so so pretty in custard card? Love the string flower die set and what you have done with striplet. I will try to catch up on Hochanda to see the technique. Hope you've had a good day at Blackpool and also that you'll have many followers dropping in to say hi too tomorrow xx "Thank you John" xx Love Karen xx
ReplyDeleteA beautiful card John I love what you did with the striplet die. I will record the your shows xx
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely stunning!!
:-)
Lorna D
Lovely card John. Enjoy NEC tomorrow. Pat x
ReplyDeleteI love this one , it looks a simple clean and very very beautiful card.
ReplyDeleteI love the background and the colur used shows it off beautifully.
look forward to the demo next week.
Fab design, love the colours!!
ReplyDeleteHugs Donna xx
Hi John, lovely bright sunny card love the background. Take Care Melody xxx
ReplyDelete