Happy Saturday,
For the winners of this weeks card giveaways please scroll down! Today I will be doing in of my last demo days of the year ( just one more and a workshop at JGD crafts to go this year) Today's I will be at Strikes Garden centre at Weaver vale. This card is one of the demo pieces and combines the September release of Creative Expressions dies by Sue Wilson and the newest release.
I started by die cutting the butterflies in flight mini triplet four times form a piece of coconut white foundation card cut to a square with the second die form the double pierced squares die. This gives this filigree frame with all the detail of the butterflies in flight.
For the centre panel I cut another square using die 6 from the set, I then embossed this whilst in the die using the couture creations large daisy embossing folder. Fir the peony wreath I cut four of the brand new peony cluster die form coconut white card. Next I cut the matching flowers form duck egg and cobalt foundation card. I mounted these behind the apertures in the cluster using different shades across the cluster. Next I mounted these together using foam tape to give different levels to make the circle.
I then cut a few of the separate butterflies form the mini triplet set in duck egg and mounted these, as if in flight, across the frame and centrepiece. I added pearls for the bodies ( Or Thorax Mrs D!) using the pearl strips.
I finished with blue satin bow and a selection of small stick on pearls on the ends of the filigrees on the frame.
I will be demoing this and other cards tomorrow so pop in and say hi if you are around and can get away from the Christmas Shopping!
Enjoy...
beautiful card John ,I like how you've done the centre with the peony cluster
ReplyDeleteHi John.
ReplyDeleteA very pretty card Thank you.
Congratulations to card winners. Have a good weekend and take care Kitty.
Good morning John, beautiful card I love it!!!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations to the winner's!!! Enjoy!!!
Safe journey!!!
Have a good one!!!
Loopy Lynda xxx
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteA really beautiful card, I love the butterflies in flight striplet and it's on my Christmas list. The colours are lovely too.
Congratulations to the winners of your beautiful creations, enjoy!
Hope to get to Lady Green garden centre on 5th December ; )
Thanks for sharing,
Heather Treble
Hi John
ReplyDeleteStunning Card As Always And Thank You For The Great Detailed Breakdown On How To Achieve This Card.
Hugs From Sam x
Carry On Creating ✂️✂️✂️
Another fabulous card made with the butterfly striplet die! Love the wreath you've created. Debra x
ReplyDeleteA lovely card John, I love the White against the Blue.
ReplyDeleteChris xx
Awesome card today, love it
ReplyDeleteCarol
Good morning John.
ReplyDeleteVery pretty card - the striplet die looks so effective on dark blue card.
Jan
Northampton
Good morning John this is a gorgeous card I love how you have used the dies and the colours are stunning. Have a great day today. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteMorning John, I saw you doing this technique with the butterfly striplet on Hochanda and thought it was amazing, it certainly looks good on this card, I am going to have to give it a try.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations to the winners of the giveaways, you will enjoy them I know.
My eye is still progressing well, got to have further tests for another problem but hey ho that's life so they say. Enjoy yourself at your demo day and drive carefully, it is very icy here in Kent this morning so not sure what it is like where you are going.
Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Gorgeous card John, just watching you from last weeks shows. See you next week, xxx
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteA lovely card. Enjoy your demo day.
Lydia
X
Gorgeous card John, I love the striplet used in this way.
ReplyDeleteB xx
Eh up John
ReplyDeleteBeautifully designed and put together. Shows the versatility of the Striplets.
The central wreath adds a super focal point.
Yes, I am still impressed at your knowledge of butterfly anatomy lol!
Safe travels.
Ang x
Simply gorgeous
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card!
:-)
Lorna D
Fantastic
ReplyDeletecrafty hugs Pen x
Stunning card, really beautiful.
ReplyDeleteMichele
I will be getting this striplet die for Christmas so am looking forward to trying this technique. Lovely card.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteI love the butterfly striplet set, and just love the way you have done this card.
I will have to give this a go when I've finished with my Christmas cards.
Have a great day
Maggie
Hi John, this card is stunning, love the frame, need to go try find the demo on the recording, to see how you did it. Hope it was not on the show I missed out. Have a great weekend. Bx
ReplyDeleteThis is a really lovely blue card, very lacy and delicate looking. X Ros
ReplyDeleteToday's card is really beautiful, I love everything about it.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations to the card winners.
Glad the eye is healing well June.
Wishing good things to all
WOW John, so much in this lovely card. Can't wait to see your demo.
ReplyDeleteBest wishes, Rose
Beautiful card I wish that we could get to watch your programme here in Australia.
ReplyDeleteI would love to know how you managed to get the butterfly striplet in a square!
sharon :)
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card and brilliant use of the striplets. Saw you demo this on Hochanda.
Love Janet x
from Wakefield
Hi John
ReplyDeleteLovely card today and I love how you've used the striplet die.
Lovely card today John. Think this Striplet die will have to go on my wish list
ReplyDeleteSuper card John....luv Ursula xx
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteHi John, slight technical hitch. Lovely card, this die is already on my wish list. Lovely colour combination. Enjoy your day
ReplyDeleteWendy
Hi John, A really lovely card, especially the central focal image.
ReplyDeleteLots of love from Patricia xx
Bowled over at being so luck to have my name drawn for Wednesday's card, thanks to John and for all the good wishes at having struck lucky.
ReplyDeleteAnother gorgeous offering today, love the detail and what you have done with the peony clusters.
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteI think I mentioned yesterday that I was having a computer problem that after looking at your blog I find that things pop into my shopping basket. Well , the same thing has happened today! This time it's the Peony Cluster!
Thank you so much. I love this so much!
Jayne
Beautiful work John, stunning dies and design, Kate x
ReplyDeleteHi John, gorgeous card. Love what you have done with the striplet and the centre using the Peony cluster. beautiful xx Love Karen xx
ReplyDeleteThis card looked great on the TV and in the photos. I have a few striplets, need to start practicing making frames with them.
ReplyDelete