I'm still in Northallerton as I'm doing a workshop for some of the lovely ladies here! Today's card is another sample I made for this weeks shows using the new collection From Sue Wilson for Creative expressions. This card was made using just the diagonal fold over flower die ( and of course my favourite pierced rectangle die)
The flowers and the tuck and fold section on the right are made using the largest die in the diagonal set.
I have stolen Junes expalnation form my comments on how to do this technique, I think I may have found a PA lol
1. Position the cut out strip with the 'V' points going downwards
2. Take the 3rd 'V' and fold up creasing the 2 sides
3. With your pokey tool just lift the 1st 'V' up slightly and poke in this folded 'V' underneath it.
4. Repeat this method all the way down
Hope you don't mind june!
Enjoy...
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteLovely card Thank you.
Take care when traveling today it is very foggy. Kitty.
nice card John ,the tuck and fold is enough to show off the die cut sentiment
ReplyDeleteMorning John. A beautiful card the tuck and fold and flowers are gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Good Morning John
ReplyDeleteVery effective card I love the embossing
Crafty Hugs
Heather xx
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteAnother beautiful card today, I did manage to watch the show when you did this card.
Have a safe journey home today.
Maggie
Hi John. A lovely card today. I hope you have another enjoyable day at the Workshop. Safe journey home. Take care x
ReplyDeleteMorning John, I saw you doing this on Hochanda and loved it. My way of explaining would be:
ReplyDelete1. Position the cut out strip with the 'V' points going downwards
2. Take the 3rd 'V' and fold up creasing the 2 sides
3. With your pokey tool just lift the 1st 'V' up slightly and poke in this folded 'V' underneath it.
4. Repeat this method all the way down.
Does this help.
Enjoy your day again at Northalleraton, and a safe journey home.
Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Good morning John, lovely card for batch making : )
ReplyDeleteHave a good one!!!
Loopy Lynda xxx
Lovely card John! Have fun doing the workshop. Debra x
ReplyDeleteIt was good to see a you doing a demo of lace ( no accent available to add!) on Hochanda this week.I have a couple of dies to do this and not used them for ages. It is a pretty technique and so easy making an effective addition to any card.
ReplyDeleteHope you have a good day.
Jan
Northampton
Hi John, great card. I'm in awe of the tuck and fold strip, such a simple idea but so effective.
ReplyDeleteB xx
Hi John me again, I am honoured that you put my explanation on your blog and yes you have found your PA.
ReplyDeleteStay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxxxxxxx
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteThis is such a beautiful card, I love the flowers and the lace strip is so pretty too. Hope you have a good day and safe journeys.
Thanks for sharing,
Heather Treble
Hi John this is a stunning card. I love the design. Well done to June. Have a great day. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card & just remembered that I have a few Lace (no accent available) which I haven't used in a very long time.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Lovely card again John, well done to june.
ReplyDeleteElaine H X
Lovely card, John. I like the way Sue's dies can be used in so many different ways.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteLovely card, have a good day with the workshop ladies.
Lydia
X
This just proves that a die may not only be used for the obvious. You illistrat d that several times in your shows. Now to play around with mine. Thanks for the tips.
ReplyDeleteTeresa
Predictive text and the iPad! ......... Bah humbug. That previous comment should read 'illustrated'
ReplyDeleteT
Hi John, watched your progs on Hochanda and loved them. I'm so pleased that you have shown this card and with June's explanation as I had a phone call just as you were doing the doing the folding.
ReplyDeleteHugs Clare xx
Hi John, love this card, and the demo was great. Enjoy your day and take care. Bx
ReplyDeleteHi John;
ReplyDeleteLovely card, saw you demoing this.
I did this technique on Parchment when I first started, without the die, quite easy really.
Love Nancy xx
When Sue released this die I would never have thought to use it in this way in a million years You are naughty, whenever I see your work using a piece of kit I need it! Added to my List
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteSimple but effective card today, saw you demo this in Leeds and on Hochanda, hence me just having to buy the dye. LOL
Love Janet x
from Wakefield
Beautiful card, love it
ReplyDeleteCarol
Hi John, I remember doing this tuck technique a few years ago at card class and I forgot all about this one. Thank you! It would be great see a tutorial on this. Don't worry though, take your time because we appreciate all these things and places that you have to do and where to go! Gorgeous card as always x "Thank you John" xx Love Karen xx
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteLovely card and great technique. I bet you can't wait for a day off, your always so busy I don't know how you do it.
Take care
Linda xx
Exquisite cards. I wish I was with you - very near my home town and the SEA!
ReplyDeleteBest wishes
Anne aka till lady (Reading)
I actually saw you making this card, I have the original dies that make this lace design, I think it is so pretty.....it is beautiful...luv Ursula x
ReplyDeleteHi John, A great card, and great way of using the die.
ReplyDeleteLots of love from Patricia xx
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteLovely card, really adore these flowers.
:-)
Lorna D
Lovely card John, love the flower.
ReplyDeleteLovely card today John. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card John, love the design, Kate x
ReplyDeleteLovely card John, I love the fold over flowers that you make. Pat x
ReplyDeleteEh up John
ReplyDeleteYou lost me at 1. Lol!
Great way of using the die on this terrific card.
Ang x
Beautiful card, and very well explained, than you :)
ReplyDeleteLovely card John, great use of the fold over die. Take Care Melody xxx
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely gorgeous card and I was amazed when you did this technique
ReplyDeleteon hochanda, another fab and extra way to get more from one die.