Happy Monday,
Well its the start of another week and so I thought it was time for a giveaway! If you would like to win today's card please leave a comment below and be a follower! can I ask that if anyone hasn't yet received a card they have won that they email me as as far as I ma aware all cards have gone and been delivered I would hate anyone to have missed out!
This is a simple card I made for my shows `on Hochanda a few weeks ago. I cut the heraldic square out of coconut white foundation card omitting the outline die in the centre. I then coloured over the die cut in the die using a smoothie and turquoise pool cosmic shimmer colour cloud blending ink.
I coloured a piece of wool felt ( from CE 30% wool) with the same colour cloud ink and smoothie. Next I cut the largest of the diagonal fold over flowers form this felt and made it up into a flower. This gives this brilliant shaded look where you have white and turquoise together as in a real flower.
To finish I made a few layers of coconut white and blue using the pierced Rectangles die set from Sue Wilson for CE,
Enjoy...
Morning John, this is a beautiful card and a fabulous colour still love these flowers they do stand out and finish a card.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteOne of my favourite colours, a beautiful card Thank you.
Take care Kitty.
gorgeous colours ,these dies are so lovely
ReplyDeleteGood morning John, I think the heraldic square is my new favourite!!!
ReplyDeleteHave a good one!!!
Loopy Lynda xxx
Morning John, I saw you making the flower on Hochanda and thought what a brilliant idea, I don't have the diagonal fold die, looks like I will have to give out some hints for Christmas me thinks................. I do have the colour clods though and the Heraldic die so I am going to try something like this, hope you don't mind, you always give me inspiration.
ReplyDeleteStay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Hi John
ReplyDeleteanother stunning card love the colours and the dies thank you tracyw
Good morning John.
ReplyDeleteI like the simplicity of this card: for posting, a flower with less depth could be used.
Jan
Northampton
Morning John, A lovely card, very pretty colours and the flower is fabulous.
ReplyDeleteI had to chuckle the other day, there was a girlie on TV and she was using something the same shape as our 'smoothies' to apply foundation onto her client, so it proves they are great for blending hahaha.
Lots of love from Patricia xx
Eh up John
ReplyDeleteSuper card using my favourite colour Colour Cloud and you are tempting me with that square die.
Very pretty matey.
Have a great day.
Ang x
Hi John, a very pretty card, love the shade of turquoise used. Have a great day. Bx
ReplyDeleteYeah!!! I have this die and was having a play with it yesterday. I will have to post mine.!!
ReplyDeleteThis card is wonderful John I did try the flowers you created from the centre die I was so surprised as mine worked lol.
A great day to all xxx
Good morning John this is a gorgeous card I love the colours and the dies are beautiful. Have a great day. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteLovely card & the "shot of colour " looks great.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Beautiful card love the colours you've used too
ReplyDeleteCarol
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card today, I do love this die set.
Have a great day
Maggie
Good morning John,
ReplyDeleteVery elegant card.
I. Am all set for a days card making indoors today.
Hazel c uk
Lovely card and colors.
ReplyDeleteElaine H X
Really lovely card John! My favourite colour too. I love the flower tinted with the blue, it looks so effective. Debra x
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteA really beautiful and elegant card, I love the colour and the way that you have used the heraldic square dies.
Thanks for sharing,
Heather Treble
Hi John. Yesterdays card is beautiful, those simple flowers are lovely and todays is a real stunner, I love it. The way the felt flower is coloured makes it look gorgeous. Take care x
ReplyDeleteWhat an elegant card, John.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Love it John The pierced sqares are on my Christmas list plus the colour clouds, the smoothies and now I must add the Heraldic Square
ReplyDeleteA beautiful card, John. Love the use of turquoise.
ReplyDeleteB xx
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card, my wish list I ever so long and getting longer by the day. My Hubby not in my good books at the moment, he's already offered to buy me some dies think I'll have to milk it a bit hehe!! Or is that wrong??
Hugs
Linda xx
It may be reasonably simple but it's still gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteSuch a pretty card John and only one die cut so has to be a winner love from Jackie xx
ReplyDeleteA beautiful card using a lovely set of dies. Love the turquoise on the card, it makes it really zing.
ReplyDeleteTeresa
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteLovely card, I do like this die set, I have it on my wish list.
Lydia
X
Morning Oh how I love that flower. Beautiful
ReplyDeleteCrafty hugs Pen
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteStunning, and because of your recent cards using the Heraldic die, I've now added it to my collection and I love it!
:-)
Lorna D
Lovely card...love the technique....luv Ursula xxx
ReplyDeleteLove the way you have used the die and the flower, though I am taken by the striking, blue and white boarder combination - a winner.
ReplyDeleteHi John, Love this card, I got this die at the NEC after you helped me with the colour cloud. Cant use it yet as its a Christmas prezzi!!!. Can't wait. Thanks for all the inspiration.
ReplyDeleteHi John, lovely card, I have just bought this die so will have to have a go at this, don't have the flower die , but will try something else
ReplyDeleteWendyx
Hi John,
ReplyDeletebeautiful card - love the colour combo.
Best wishes, Rose
Beautiful card, John!! Been enjoying your shows and inspiration on Hochanda!!! This is a great one, and I love the colors together! Great job!!!!
ReplyDeleteFab card John. Love the colour.
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful card, I love the colour it would brighten any room up xx
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful card, I love the colour it would brighten any room up xx
ReplyDeleteThis is a beauty and my favourite colour too! Gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteTonbridge Sue
This is definitely a stunning card, beautiful colour and very pretty flower and I love how you have used the flower as the focal element.
ReplyDeleteI do love the die you have used and it has such beautiful detail and so versatile.
Just a stunning card John and one of my favourite colour too.
ReplyDeleteJane
Lovely card John. Thanks for the opportunity to win it. SueL x
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteVery pretty, flower in the centre is really different, great idea!
Hugs, T x
Hello John
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely card. I did not see this one on Hochanda, however it looks a fairly simple one to copy.
I have never cut flowers using felt, but may have to give it a go now I have seen the effect.
Lol Barbara W xx
Hi John
ReplyDeleteI just love this card. I also have this die. Might give this one a go. Wouldn't have thought to colour it, nor the flowers.
Beautiful card, love what you have done with the Colour Cloud.
ReplyDeleteHi John, beautiful card using my favourite, but haven't got, Heraldic die! Love the colour used too and the lovely flower. Love the whole masterpiece! xx Love Karen xx
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteso glad I just bought this die of Julia. It is made into a lovely
card. Like the colour too. It would have a nice home here with me :-)
hugs Maria
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteYou are on a roll at the moment you are making some fantastic cards....cards that are just my cup of tea.......Brilliant.
Love Janet x
from Wakefield
Lovely card John, great card love the die. Take Care Melody xxx
ReplyDeleteHi John, lovely simple card and love the die.
ReplyDeleteLori