Happy Friday,
I thought, especially as we are getting closer to Christmas, that I should again try to restart the Christmas Friday as there aren't that many Fridays left!
Today's card is made using a variant of Sue Wilson's fire and Ice technique using Diamond snow rather than Iced snow to give a gentler, silk like look.
I started by cutting the Snowflake background by Sue Wilson for Creative Expressions in coconut white foundation card. I used both the background and the centre filigree section in this cut, I find it easier to cut the background die first then add the centre panel and cut this separately. I then covered the front of the piece using a piece of CE double sided adhesive sheet. I then turned the piece over and covered the exposed adhesive with golden jewel gilding flakes. Next I turned the piece back to the front and removed the protective cover and covering the newly exposed adhesive with diamond snow.
I simply then cut the piece into three equal sections and mounted each one onto coconut white card. I then added all three panels to another layer of white and marked the centre of a few of the snowflakes with 5mm stick on pearls.
Then flower is another one of my fire and ice flowers where I cut Sue's classic poinsettia die from card I had gilded with Egyptian gold gilding flakes. I made up the flower and sprayed it with glue before shaking over more diamond snow. I finished the flower with a bow of raw silk satin ribbon and a gold dazzler in the centre.
I made the remainder of the card up using a piece of coconut white foundation card using the contemporary poinsettia embossing folder. I made a mat for this by running double sided adhesive tape all around a layer of card and gilded the edges with the same gilding flakes.
Enjoy...
Morning John, a fantastic card we all need your ideas keep them coming.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
lovely card John
ReplyDeleteMorning John, oh you are clever, I really like today's card and the technique you have used. Also I enjoyed the shows on Hochanda, you must be knackered, I hope you are able to have a couple of days rest to re-charge the batteries, so to speak as you also sounded like you had a cold on your last show if that is the case then take care please.
ReplyDeleteStay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Hi John
ReplyDeletewhat a stunning christmas card love the colours and the dies thank you tracyw
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteThank you for all the great shows yesterday, all the demo's and cards are lovely.
Take care Kitty.
Good morning John your Christmas card is gorgeous. I really enjoyed your shows yesterday. You are so busy. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteGood morning John. Another lovely card with yet more techniques. I managed to catch bits of most of the shows yesterday - what lovely ideas you had, thank you. As a result, I bought a few bits. The flowers were gorgeous and I loved the colour technique of dabbing the smoothie with different colour clouds onto card.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Hi John
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card.
I loved what you did with the rose garden striplet on the tv demos.
B xx
Morning John, I love how you have done your triptych, so very effective. I love this !!
ReplyDeleteLots of love from Patricia xx
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteI love this card and love this die set, which thankfully I won from Sue when She released this die set.
I haven't seen all your shows from yesterday yet, I am hoping to watch today after I'm back from my appointment.
Looking forward to your workshop tomorrow morning at Daisy's.
Have a great day
Maggie
What a gorgeous card, John. Haven't caught up with the shows yet but looking forward to learning yet more new techniques.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Eh up John
ReplyDeleteA rich vision of sparkle and gilding......a card you would give to someone special. Great shows yesterday too matey.
Ang x
Hi John. Yes, bring on Christmas Friday. Today's card is lovely, the Poinsettia is my most used Christmas die. Enjoy demoing tomorrow. Are you going to have a day off soon ? You must be so tired. Take care x
ReplyDeleteBeautiful and elegant!
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteMissed the shows as I am not at home but today's card is very elegant
Crafty Hugs
Heather xx
Wow John this is gorgeuos
ReplyDeleteDid you really have to remind us that there aren't many Fridays left!
Beautiful card John,
ReplyDeletelove the colours, too.
Best wishes, Rose
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteI don't often comment but I do often look in.
Fantastic card as always.
Can I just say a BIG ... Thank You for all the wonderful Hints & Tips you share with us. There were a few last night that I will be using.
Keep up the great work.
Patricia
Beautiful card John.
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card-so rich & elegant.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Gorgeoous card John, just catching up from yesterdays shows, xxx
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteA gorgeous card, I love this die and have used so much. I do like how you have cut into three sections, a great idea.
Lydia
X
Hi John. Yet another lovely card from you. I think this colour is now my favourite for this Christmas, Had a marathon watching session last night and I believe Ive now caught up on all your shows, which I thoroughy enjoyed. SueL x
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteAwesome!!!
Love how you've achieved this look.
Watched and enjoyed the shows and your cards were amazing.
:-)
Lorna D
Morning John, was catching up watching your shows in the early hours this morning as I could not sleep. So enjoyed then. This is a lovely card.
ReplyDeleteCrafty hugs Pen x
Wow John, this is beautiful, I would never have thought of cutting the Snowflake Background die into three like this. Will have to have a try at this. Thank you for sharing.
ReplyDeleteWendyx
Love this card. Classic Xmas for me. Heather 😀
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteA beautiful and elegant Christmas card, thanks so much for all the great hints and tips on hochanda and all the great inspiration,
Heather Treble
Hello John
ReplyDeleteWhat a scary thought - not too many Fridays left before Christmas!
Love today's card as it is very classic.
Keep up the good work.
Lol Barbara W xx
Hello John
ReplyDeleteI love Christmas cards so very happy to see them return. Not so happy to hear that there aren't many Fridays left untilChristmas though! LOL
This is a lovely card. Yes, definitely for someone special. Best wishes. Anne O
Love this card. So warm and elegant looking. Glad you're doing Christmas cards again.
ReplyDeleteShirley
Hi John
ReplyDeleteLove this Christmas card John. Mind you Christmas will sneak up on us before we know it.
Hi John, uber elgegant card, gorgeous design and colours, love it, Kate x
ReplyDeleteLove that Snowflake background!
ReplyDeleteLovely card today and so much jewel and sparkle!
ReplyDeleteI'm playing catch up with the TV shows Can't wait for a couple of hours to just sit down with a cuppa and enjoy watching what you do
ReplyDeleteLove today's card I must make a real start on my Christmas cards Made a few (for special people) I just need to do the rest
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card, love the snowflake background!
Love Janet x
from Wakefield
Love this card. Unfortunately I couldn't watch your shows. Hope they repeat them sometime.
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteThis card is just gorgeous I love it. I hope you get a chance to rest a bit after the last couple of weeks.
Take care
Linda xx
What a lovely card again today :)
ReplyDeleteAnother gorgeous card today. it looks very elegant and I love it.
ReplyDeleteI love playing with the gilding flakes and diamond snow, they make a card look so pretty and expensive
How beautiful and elegant this is John. Pat x
ReplyDeleteHi John, gorgeous card love the colours. Take Care Melody xxx
ReplyDeleteHi John, another elegant card in lush gold shades and textures. Stunning! x "Thank you John" xx Love Karen xx
ReplyDeleteWow, so elegant, I must have a shot at this one.
ReplyDeleteWow, so elegant, I must have a shot at this one.
ReplyDelete