I hope those of you that are planning to go are all ready for the NEC show that starts today! I will be there Today, Tomorrow and Sunday with a short stopover in Blackpool on Saturday for Strikes at Burnside. I thought I would show you today one of the cards I have made, using Sue's recent release of dies for Creative Expressions, for the show. I will be concentrating on The Colour Cloud blending Inks form Cosmic Shimmer and how they work beautifully with Creative Expressions Craft dies. I will be on the Daisy Jewels and Crafts stand so come and say Hi!
Today's card is made using just the Sue Wilson Butterflies in flight mini striplet. I stared by shading colours of Colour cloud onto a piece of coconut white foundation card using Indigo Mist and Clear day. I started at the top with Indigo Mist and clear day at the bottom. I blended these together in the centre, using a smoothie, to give the faded look.
I cut the aperture die from another piece of coconut white which I added to the front to make the card up. I added a ribbon bow made using Indigo Mist colour cloud and white seam binding. The ribbon has the really nice ombre look by dragging the ribbon between a smoothie and the top of the ink pad in the colour cloud. The quicker you drag this across the lighter and more shades of the colour you get.
I will be demonstrating this technique as well as other dies cutting and colour cloud techniques all day today. there are also some brand new embellishments that I will be using from Craft Consortium that are just stunning!
Hopefully see you later!
Enjoy...
Morning John, a gorgeous card and still loving this indigo colour cloud, hope you all have a marvellous time at the NEC wish I was closer.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Morning John, oh I am so looking forward to Sunday, I do hope you have some indigo blue left on the stand Sunday as I don't have that one, got the clear day already. I want to try and do this technique so will be watching you. Oh and hope also that there are some of the new embellishments from craft consortium left too, that is the trouble with going on the last day, everything is sold out, but I am having to rely on my friends husband driving me, never mind looking forward to seeing you and Wendy. The colours on today's card really does stand out beautifully.
ReplyDeleteStay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card I must get this die, it is so pretty, Thank you.
Take care and have a great weekend. Kitty.
Beautiful card john, safe journey x
ReplyDeleteA lovely card John I have this die so can try to recreate it xxxx
ReplyDeleteHi John, this card is really lovely, and this striplet is topping my wish list at the moment. Love the colour combo. Have a great time at the NEC and safe travels. Bx
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteAnother stunning card today, funny how both you and Sue have used the same die for today's blog posts I love both cards.
I haven't used my butterfly striplet set yet but know where I can get the inspiration from. You and Sue are so talented.
I'm on day 4 of babysitting my baby Granddaughter today, so no crafting again, tomorrow I have the day to myself. So I might just have a go at trying this technique. I love the colour cloud inks.
Have fun at the NEC I know it gets very busy there.
Maggie
Lovely card, really pretty.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Good morning John this is a stunning card I love the soft colours. The striplet is beautiful. Did you know Sue used that die for her card today. Have a great time at the NEC I wish I was able to go. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteA lovely card. Hope to be able to watch the technique when I am at NEC tomorrow.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
lovely card ,loving these striplet dies
ReplyDeleteLove all the Striplet dies , this one makes a beautiful card .
ReplyDeleteElaine H X
Good morning John, I love butterflies we 've got a twofer today both yours and
ReplyDeleteSues card's are gorgeous in their own right!!!
Have fun at the NEC!!!
Be careful if you're having fireworks tonight!!!
Have a good one!!!
Loopy Lynda xxx
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteStunning!!
And what a complete contrast from Sue's bright butterflies!
:-)
Lorna D
Absolutely gorgeous card today John! I love the colours especially on the ribbon. Debra x
ReplyDeleteHi John gorgeous card .Love the colours. Have fun at NEC. Gloria (sidcup) xx
ReplyDeleteGood morning John lovely colour choices and a super striplet. Enjoy the NEC love from Jackie xx
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card, John. Hope to see you later.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Hi John. A lovely card today with gorgeous colours. I wish I was coming to the NEC now! Have a great time and wishing you safe and trouble free journeys. Take care xx
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteA very pretty card, love the colours you have used.
Lydia
X
A gorgeous card. Love the colours and the background shading technique.
ReplyDeleteTeresa
Gorgeous card John, You dont leave yourself much time do you, you need a chauffeur, then you can craft in the back of the limo LOL.
ReplyDeleteTry and talk next week sometime to sort things out if still OK, xxxx
Beautiful I bought this Striplet at AP and love it So two new techniques for me to try, yours and Sue's Have fun at NEC
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card, I love that striplet.
ReplyDeleteB xx
Hi John
ReplyDeleteAnother gorgeous card today. I love the Striplet dies and I love this technique. I hope you have a great time at the NEC.
Beautiful, love the pastel colours too
ReplyDeleteCarol
Beautiful card John.
ReplyDeleteLovely card and in fact, having just visited Sue's site, I have put this on my shopping list for the NEC, think its the only striplet I haven't bought so far. Sorry I won't see you there as I am going Saturday (not my choice). Have fun. SueL x
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteabsolutely lovely, this card. And so clean and delicate. It is a gorgeous striplet, that's for sure. Enjoy yourself at the NEC.
Best wishes, Rose
Afternoon ..... hope all is good with you today. Horrid weather here so catching up with the blogs.
ReplyDeletelovely card do love the butterflies.
pen x
Lovely and classy card John.
ReplyDeleteHi John, such a pretty card and a really lovely striplet.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy the NEC
Wendyx
Hi John, This card is really beautiful, I love the 'marriage' of colours you have used and the striplet is very pretty.
ReplyDeleteLots of love from Patricia xx
Hi John, such a simple yet beautiful card. I love the colour used on the butterflies and the technique on colouring the ribbon. I do forget to do this! Mind you I have so much ribbon to use yet......lol, but it will come in use when I haven't got "the shade"! "Thank you John" x Have a wonderful weekend at the NEC! :) Gorgeous!xx Love Karen xx
ReplyDeleteA beautiful and simple card. Amazing what can be created with very few elements. I love it!
ReplyDeleteTonbridge Sue
Hi John,
ReplyDeletegorgeous card, the second one today with the butterfly striplet that I haven't used yet so I'm spoilt for inspiration. I wish someone would do a card with the art deco adornment die hint hint! haha!! But I seen Sue's new release dies last night and they are absolutely amazing so I suppose you will all be showcasing them now, but its fine because I really need all of them anyway.
Hugs
Linda xx
Lovely card John. Butterflies are my favourites on any card.
ReplyDeleteHello John ,
ReplyDeleteToday's card is lovely! I do like that Striplet although I don't have it - yet!
I'm coming to the NEC tomorrow so may see you - never been before so may not find you!
Love Myra
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card in beautiful colours, love it.
Thanks for sharing,
Heather Treble
Absolutely stunning card. I am sorry that I am missing you at the NEC - work calls and no leave because we are so short staffed. I will enjoy myself in the evenings watching re-runs of your fabulous demos. I am so pleased to have found you and your inspirations.
ReplyDeleteTill Lady aka Anne (reading)
This is so pretty, I love butterfly striplet and the blending you have done
ReplyDeleteWith the ink.
love this one.
great die ,a great card ,Laura O
ReplyDeleteLove this card. It's amazing that you and Sue are able to make such different and gorgeous cards with the same die.
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteSimple pretty and stunning!....love it.
Love Janet x
from Wakefield
What a stunning die, fab card John. Pat x
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteLovely, I love this die and chuffed both you and Sue used it today.
Hope everyone going to the NEC has a great time, I'll be having a virtual shopping experience this weekend instead!
Hugs, T x
Hi John, lovely card, have fun at the NEC. Take Care Melody xxx
ReplyDeleteReally beautiful. I love the way you've blended the Colour Cloud inks together. Must have a go at that after buying some at NEC yesterday!
ReplyDeleteEh up John
ReplyDeleteSee, had so much fun at NEC I forgot to comment lol!
Great card and it looked even better on the stand in real life.
Behave yourself in Blackpool.
Ang x
Breath taking card, I remember you creating this card not long ago at wilmslow garden centre. The colours was was vibrant and thank you for the wonderful demos, such a talented gentleman.
ReplyDelete