I thought I would start a giveaway with some of the cars I made on my Hochanda shows last week Today's card I made using just one small die! I love sues configurations dies but the new release with a separate outside cutting line just blew me away how much versatility can you get in one die?
I used just the inside die form the teardrop adornment around a square of coal card and cut this along the edge four times. This gives this really detailed filigree square.
Next I cut four more however I used the outline die as well and mounted these on a piece of coconut white card rot make the larger accent background. I then cut 2 more with both dies in cobalt and then 2 2 bases using just the outline in white. I mounted these together and stuck them to the front using foam tape opposite each other to make the shape on the front.
I used cosmic pearl PVA for the pearl dots and added a seam binding bow for a little relief.
If you want to win this card simply leave a comment t below and I will choose a winner on Wednesday.
Enjoy...
Hi John.
ReplyDeletea brilliant card from the great shows Thank you.
Take care Kitty.
Morning John, a gorgeous card as Kitty said from great shows and these dies are really a must have hope I'm lucky enough to win one I have one of Sue's and Julia's So one one from you would ou make up the trio.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Hi John
ReplyDeletewhat a stunning card love the colours and the dies I love sue wilson dies I have lots of sue dies thank you tracyw
Morning John, Hope you have rested up a bit after your hectic week and weekend. I of course, as would everyone else, would love to win this card, I missed seeing you make it on the show so I am going to have a go at trying to recreate myself from your instructions and the picture, the colours are gorgeous and I love that die set too.
ReplyDeleteStay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Good morning John, I saw you demo this card it's so simple but very stunning!!!
ReplyDeleteGood luck everyone!!!
Have a good one!!!
Loopy Lynda xxx
Hi John, this card is really beautiful, love the use of dies and how you have laid them out. Need to go check the recordings for the demo. Have a great day. Bx
ReplyDeleteas would everyone else, I would love to win this card ,it asways surprises me how one die can have so many different ways of ueing it
ReplyDeleteWow this card is a stunner it looks very intricate and complicated to do xxx
ReplyDeleteWhat a brilliant card design John! Can't believe you've made this with one die. Debra x
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteLovely card. I missed the show where you were making this one. Really versatile die and the corners are almost like holly leaves! Just what I see. Nice1
Anne M xx
Loved this on the show and would love to win it!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card, love it
ReplyDeleteCarol
WOW-this is one stunning card. Would love to be in with a chance of winning it.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Good morning John this is a stunning card I love the design the die is amazing. Have a wonderful day today. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteHi John, I saw the brilliant demo of this card, stunning.
ReplyDeleteB xx
This is really dramatic!
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteThis card is lovely, when you look at the dies themselves you can't imagine just what you can do with them, they are so versatile. This die is another on my must have list lol.
I keep telling myself to be good but you and Sue keep coming up with more that I want lol.
Keep safe if you are driving in the awful fog today.
Maggie
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely beautiful card, I love everything about it.
Thanks for sharing,
Heather Treble
Beautiful card John. Would love to own it.
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteThis is a beautiful card you have made. I love the colours and it just shows how versatile the dies are and can be used to make stunning cards.
What a stylish card, John.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Superb card and from one die! Love the colours too
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely exquisite!!
I love how you've shown how simply wonderful Sue's dies are, no one would know that it was made using just ONE die!!!!!!
:-)
Lorna D
Morning John, I had a little chuckle at your 'wording', I didn't know you made 'cars' !!! haha, you are really funny.
ReplyDeleteA lovely card, loving your compilation.
Lots of love from Patricia xx
Oh if this was made by me i couldn't give it away john ,it is superbly beautiful ,
ReplyDeleteGood luck everyone !
Elaine H X
I kept the recording of your making this because the methodology behind this card needed to be watched several times in order for me to emulate it. The fact that all the patterning was done with just one die was fascinating.The end product is truly gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteTeresa
HibJohn
ReplyDeleteSorry I've missed the last two cards as I'd been away on the Cafe retreat. These cards were gorgeous. Love today's card as well which is gorgeous. I recorded your shows but somehow the last 3 didn't record. Now my recorder has done this before and I don't know why. So I'm cross and I hope they will be repeated at some point. I wonder if this is from a new release that Sue has done.
Gorgeous John, save one for me, xxxx
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteLovely I do like the colour.
Lydia
X
I loved this card when you made it on TV John. I think I'm going to have a go at something similar.
ReplyDeleteStunning card John. Love how versatlie these dies are.
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteFab card, saw it demoed and was amazed at how stunning a card could be with just one die!
Love Janet x
from Wakefield
Gorgeous card John, love the design on this one.
ReplyDeleteLove & hUgs
Jacquie J xxx
//jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/
Hi John saw this one being made, and it is just so beautiful, Kate x
ReplyDeleteMorning John Sunny day here and fingers crossed for a good day. Lovely card and so enjoyed your shows
ReplyDeleteHappy days Penx
Hello John, loved all your demonstrations on Hochanda.
ReplyDeleteThank you,
Sue Mac
Hi John, lovely card today. Sue's configuration dies are the most versatile dies in her collection, in my opinion. They are also my favourites. I don't own that many yet but I'm working on it. Love and hugs,
ReplyDeleteAlison D x
Hi John, gorgeous card. I missed this demonstration so it was a "wow" factor when I saw it. Just beautiful card, made with just one die too! Love the cobalt blue, very regal! "Thank you John" xx Love Karen xx
ReplyDeleteHi John a lovely card anybody would be glad to receive.. Unfortunately I missed this demonstration so its great to see it.
ReplyDeleteWendyx
You were so busy last week and I saw many of your demos on Hochanda , but missed this one. It's lovely.
ReplyDeleteTonbridge Sue
Saw the demo & fell in love with this one. Bought it at the weekend ..... Thanks again for the amazing demos
ReplyDeleteTerri
xx
Hello John
ReplyDeleteWhat a stunning card!
Just love the fact that you have used one die. Yes I agree it is amazing just how versatile a die can be...................when thinking outside the box..............with a pair of scissors!!
Lol Barbara W xx
PS I did win a card in September, but never received it sadly.
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteJust gorgeous!! I haven't watched this demo yet love the way you've used the die.
Hugs
Linda xx
Very pretty card. It would look good in any colour combo. Such a brilliant idea with only one die. Definitely a must try. Thank you Dorothy
ReplyDeleteEh up John
ReplyDeleteI have to say, this is one of the most divine cards you have made (IMHO lol!)
Every aspect, stunning!
Have a great day.
Ang x
Stunning card John .Loved your take on this die .Gloria(sidcup) xx
ReplyDeleteglad I found you....love the card.
ReplyDeleteglad I found you and your cards...lovely
ReplyDeleteI saw you make this one on the telly - great demo card
ReplyDeleteFabulous card John. Have really enjoyed watching you on Hochanda. What a great deal of work for you but you always have great tips. Would love to win this card.
ReplyDeleteWow another stunning card today and again I am amazed that you made this
ReplyDeletewith one die.
I so wish I was as imaginative as you and sue when it comes to getting the most from the dies.
Very intricate looking card really nice love from Jackie xx
ReplyDeleteA really striking card John, love the colours. Pat x
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeletegreat card, love the colour
Maria x
lovely card great dies ,Laura O
ReplyDeleteLovely card yet again John those dies are lovely
ReplyDeleteChris x
Hi John, I love this card and the lovely colours. I always record your demos because you explain how to make the cards clearly . Have a good week and keep making those lovely cards .
ReplyDeletePat
Hi John, great card an all with one die? Take Care Melody xXx
ReplyDeleteWow John what a lovely card.
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteWhat a pretty card! So clever to piece together and create something new! Best wishes, Anne O
Good Morning John
ReplyDeleteTo be honest I am not usually a fan of blue but I must say this card has totally changed my opinion. I did see your demo for this card on Hochanda and was amazed how many ways one single die can be used. The colours really set it off. Beatiful.
Love
Karen in Telford
I usually don't care for so much busyness. But this really turned out lovely.
ReplyDeleteI would try this.
Great job, John
Thank you very much for writing such an interesting article on this topic. This has really made me think and I hope to read more.
ReplyDeletethe salvation diet reviews
Hi John. I have none of Sues configuration dies (PLENTY of her others!)but I now realise how they can be used to make such beautiful cards xx
ReplyDelete