A more traditional card form me today with a Holly and tartan theme. There is always a place for a simpler card and a traditional one this is one of the samples I made on my Hochanda shows last week just finished at home to use up the pieces.
I stared by making the background using the Rectangle media plate frame and the Deck the Halls clear stamp set released last week. I used a mix of Green Izink Pigment and dye based inks on the plate over stamping to take colour off and to add colour.
I cut the frame out using the matching die set adding a christmas green stitched frame all the way around.
The centre panel is stamped in Grey ink one a background made with a waste piece I cleaned the brayer on. The waste piece had some snowflakes stamped on so all I had to do was to add the trees in green and the grey deer. I added some shadows and then framed the piece as shown.
To finish I added the tartan bow and a mix of foliage ( launching at the end of the month)
Ingredients:
JND Media Plate Frame Rectangle
JND Media Plate Dies rectangle
Festive Silhouettes Clear stamp set
Enjoy...

Morning John, a fantastic sample today, love the tartan ribbon on here, it just sets it off beautifully.
ReplyDeleteWho won the bowling then ??
Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Hello John, a lovely traditional card, very nice mix of shades of green, it works really well with the tartan ribbon. Have a good day everyone. Bx
ReplyDeleteLovely idea again. All my goodies have arrived - 2 media frames, matching dies and 2 masks. Will have time to play this weekend I hope.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Great card John and the tartan bow just sets it all off perfectly.
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteA great card, love the tartan bow.
B xx
Great card today.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Oh I just love this one John. Looks like the highlands in the mist.
ReplyDeleteLove Valx
Pretty card John, xxx
ReplyDeleteGood morning John this is a stunning card I love it. I love how you finish the cards at home so nothing goes to waste. Have a great day today. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteLove this card John the colours the stamps are brill thank you
ReplyDeleteLove June Horrocks xxxx
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteGreat card.
Lydia
X
I love this card, John.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Now this is stunning John, I love the design and embellishments, especially the tartan ribbon, Kate x
ReplyDeleteHi John lovely card the tartan bow is great My media plates arrived yesterday Hope to have time to try them out soon!
ReplyDeleteHi John, Love the card and the tartan ribbon is great very seasonal.Stay healthy and happy,Lots of Love Barbara D xxx
ReplyDeleteTerrific card JOHN and I know the perfect couple that would love this - my sister in law and her Scottish husband!
ReplyDeleteLovely card John. Another beautiful Christmas card. Thank you. Take carexxx
ReplyDeleteHi John, what a really lovely atmospheric card today. I particularly like the border, such a great effect.
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
Hello John,
ReplyDeleteLisbeth took the words out of my mouth. It's a beautiful atmospheric card.
Maureen x
Hi John love this card I bought the Ivy die at Newbury looking forward to using it.
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeletea very wonderful and beautiful design.
As always your work is excellently created and that scene is so stunning.
The background looks totally amazing too.
Lots of crafty regards. Jenny L.
I love deer. They are such beautiful creatures and these look amazing out for a snow winter walk. Very pretty.
ReplyDeleteStephanie K
Love these stamps! But: the wise men came from the east, not from the west like the stamps ;-) Maybe I will try mirror stamping.
ReplyDeleteUnfortunatley most stamps are facing west, so to create a scene around the manger I will try mirror stamping.
ReplyDeleteI am struggling with a scene to get the deer before the trees. Maybe darkbrown ink on middle or light green ink? But dark green would be better for teh depth in the card. If I use only black, they are silhouettes, you don't see the deer.... Any tips?
ReplyDelete