Monday, 9 July 2018
Cloudy Butterflies...
Happy Monday,
I thought with the weather i should mix things up and share some standard cards and projects not just christmas, especially as I have more christmas release coming at the end of the month! Today Im sharing a card I finished form a demo Pice at Intricutrs a couple of weeks ago I loved the piece so much I had to finish it when I got home.
I started by making the background by adding Izink Pigment Dropper ink in Amethyst, Gold and Silver onto pearl card. I added a piece of Vellum over the top and squished the colours between the papers. Once separated I got the beautiful cloudy coloured background i used for the flowers and the coloured vellum I used for the butterflies.
The background was made using my Bee Balm Background duie which I extended to make a square frame cut in the gold white pearl card. I added pearls on the centres of the flowers and added this over the background.
I cut the coloured card with my Bee Balm flower die and made up the flowers as shown using Craft Artist glue and white embossing powder heat set for the centres.
I made up the butterflies using the velum for the solid and the white gold card for the detail adding pearls for the bodies.
I made pop the card as shown using the Swirl Leaves to set the flowers on as shown.
Ingredients:
JND Bee Balm Background
JND Bee Balm Flowers
JND Swirl Leaves
JND Large Butterflies
Izink Pigment ink droppers in Amethyst, Gold and Silver
Enjoy...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


What a lovely background and the colours you’ve used for the flowers and butterflies are just perfect.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Hi John
ReplyDeleteA beautiful card. I love the background.
B xx
What a fantastic card John. It really is beautiful. xxx
ReplyDeleteMorning John, a beautiful array of colour today, no wonder you wanted to finish it when you got home, it is certainly worth a mention on here. Hope all is well with you and that you are enjoying this nice weather. Did I see another Christmas release at the end of the month, oh goodie....
ReplyDeleteStay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Absolutely gorgeous, John.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
So pretty I love the soft dreamy effect
ReplyDeleteLovely card today.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteanother super gorgeous technique and it looks so stunning.
Love the card you have created with it.
Gorgeous Butterflies too.
Lots of crafty regards. Jenny L.
This is a gorgeous card John. Thank you. It’s in my favourite colour as well. Take carexxx
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely stunning John
ReplyDeleteHugs Julie xxx
Beautiful card, love the colours
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card, love the colours.
Lydia
X
Love the colours in the card John Very pretty thank you
ReplyDeleteLove June Horrocks xxxxx
Good morning John Wow stunning card the subtle colours are beautiful I love the background you've created & the fabulous flowers & butterfly
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card John, I love your colour combinations, stunning.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful John. My favourite colour too. SueL x
ReplyDeleteBeautiful John, xxx
ReplyDeleteOh John this is a stunning card I just love it. No wonder you wanted to finish it not to would have been such a waste. I know you hate waste. Have a great week. I am looking forward to the new releases that are coming. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteJust a gorgeous colour combination, love this card!
Heather R Oxfordshire
Hi John. I love this card, it is so pretty. Great choice of colours and a really lovely design.
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
Good morning John Wow stunning card the subtle colours are beautiful I love the background you've created & the fabulous flowers & butterfly
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely Stunning John. Love those pretty butterflies. Hugs Rita xxx
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card design. I'm loving the great mix of colors, texture and your composition. You have inspired me to give the pearl card, vellum and ink technique a try. Thank you for sharing.
ReplyDeleteHi John, Absolutely beautiful and very you.Love everything about it.Stay healthy and happy,Lots of Love Barbara D xxx
ReplyDeleteHello John,
ReplyDeleteThis is absolutely fabulous, another masterpiece from you.
love Maureen x
I agree with Maureen, a masterpiece. Your cards get better and better, John.
ReplyDeleteHave a great day,
Stephanie K