As promised here is the tutorial for the round box from last Saturday! Its pictorial as I feel this is the best method outside a youtube video!
To make the box cut a strip 4" wide by the diameter of your chosen circle die ( if you are unsure of the diameter get a rough idea using a piece of twine or ribbon. Score this at 3.5" and cut small slits into the shorter edge up to the score line.
You will also need 2 large circles and three smaller circles ( as shown pin the picture.
Next adhere each of the tabs you created to one of the smaller circles until it is covered. This is easier if you bend the card round to give some shape.
Next add the larger circle to the base making a neat and finished edge ( this will take some playing with until you are happy with the fit.
Make the decorative element for the lid of your box I used felt roses, ribbon and the Tonic trellis circle die.
on the rear of the lid add a strip of ribbon to act as the closure and add a smaller circle over the top. This isn't just for decorative reasons the different in the size creates the edge that sits on the top of the box. ( sorry its really hard to explain)
Finally use the ribbon as a hinge and the box is finished and is (hopefully) pretty inside and out.
Enjoy...
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteThank you a beautiful box.
I shall be away for a week now.
Take care and have fun Kitty.
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteThank you a beautiful box.
I shall be away for a week now.
Take care and have fun Kitty.
Hi John
ReplyDeleteLovely box must give it a go.
Jan
Morning John, oh what a clever little sausage you are, thank you so much for this, I will give it a try.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy yourself at Telford, wish I could get there, but will see you soon. Oh I saw Alex from Hochanda yesterday, what a lovely lady she is, so when you see her she has a cuddle from me to you.
Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Eh up John
ReplyDeleteGot it. I suppose you could could cut a circle out of funky foam to stick under the card layer on the underside of the lid to make the lip a little deeper or a couple more circles of card if you didn't have foam.
Anyhoo, have a great weekend at Telford.
Ang x
Hi John
ReplyDeleteA lovely box tutorial. Have a great weekend.
B xx
Morning John, an excellent tutorial and very easy to follow.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Good morning John, a great tutorial and easy to follow. I like Mrs Duck's idea for the lid.
ReplyDeleteMarion S x
Good morning John and a BIG thank you for the Tutorial.
ReplyDeleteGuess what I will be doing over the weekend. I have been making boxes and gift bags over the past few days.
Thank you once agian for sharing your talents.
Have a wonderful weekend
Patricia xx
Excellent tutorial, I think lots of crafters will be following this & making some lovely boxes.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Thanks for this tutorial, John. One to keep for future reference. Enjoy Telford.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Hi John
ReplyDeleteThank you for this super tutorial, we'll all be boxes now!
Have a great weekend
June x
Morning John, thank you for showing us this, great instructions and very easy to follow the photos. Will be having a go at this over the weekend.
ReplyDeleteWendyx
Hi John Thanks for a super tutorial tha box is beautiful .
ReplyDeleteCatherine xx
Hi John. Thank you for the tutorial, such a pretty little box. I hope you enjoy your weekend. Love Rosemarie X
ReplyDeleteSuper duper, xxx
ReplyDeleteThanks for the tutorial John. Have a good weekend love from Jackie xx
ReplyDeleteThank you John great tutorial thank you
ReplyDeleteLove June horrocks xxxxx
It looks fairly straightword John, who knows I may actually have a go one of these days.
ReplyDeleteLots of hugs
Helen xx
A brilliant tutorial I think I prefer pictorial ones because it is easier to follow when actually constructing one I was intrigued to see the mechanics of the hinge - so clever - Doh!
ReplyDeleteJohn,
ReplyDeleteyou're a superstar! Thank you so very much for your tutorial - BOOKMARKED, of course.
Hugs, Rose
Thanks for the Tutorial John , i will certainly have a go .
ReplyDeleteHave a lovely weekend.
Elaine H X
That's gorgeous. Anyone would be delighted to receive a gift inside a box like that. Hope you have a good weekend. xxx
ReplyDeleteHi John. Thanks for the tutorial. I always struggle with circular boxes and it is all clear now. I did admire the box when you did the original post.
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
Great tutorial, thanks. SueL x
ReplyDeleteVery cute John and a great tutorial.
ReplyDeleteThanks. Valxxx
Thank you, thank you, thank you - my Gene dolls will be delighted their hats can be properly accommodated (the feathers are somewhat prone to being squashed if I box them with the dolls). It's fascinating to find to what other hobbies and interests your followers have!!
ReplyDeleteLove
Maggie (Yorkite)
PS will you be at Crafting live, Doncaster in July?
Brilliant, tutorial John. Thank you.
ReplyDeleteHazel
Hi John,Thankyou so much for the box tutorial very much appreciated.I will be attempting it this weekend.Have a good weekend and stay healthy and happy.Lots of love Barbara D xxx
ReplyDeleteThank you for the lovely box tutorial. It is always helpful to have photos of the project. I am having withdrawal from not watching your shows on hochanda. I miss you so much. You always inspired me to try something new. I also learned technique and art from you. For that I am most grateful and appreciative. You were a pleasure to watch. Hopefully you will be back on TV soon. I can't get to the UK from the USA, so I rely on shows on TV or any video you can produce.
ReplyDeleteHello John,
ReplyDeleteGreat tutorial for a lovely box! I understand it which is always a bonus! Ha ha! It's alovely box and I will be giving it a whirl!
Love Myra x
Good afternoon John
ReplyDeleteOh thank you so much for your wonderfully clear tutorial I shall be having a try at this over the weekend.
Hope you have.a super weekend
Margaret xxx
Hi John,
ReplyDeletethank you so much for the wonderful tutorial.
Must have a go at this one day soon.
Lots of crafty regards. Jenny L.
Hi John thank you for the tutorial. That box is stunning I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteHello John,
ReplyDeleteThanks for doing the tutorial, the explanation and the photos mean that even I will be able to make this.
love Maureen xx
Beautiful box John. Thank you for the brilliant tutorial. Must give this a try very soon. Hood you are having a good weekend. Take carexx
ReplyDeleteThank you for the tutorial. I'll have a go sometime.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
hallo john, ich bin über den link von patricia hier gelandet...wunderhübsche box und danke für die tolle anleitung....
ReplyDeleteliebe grüsse...ruth..chen;-))....from berlin germany...