Happy Monday,
I really enjoyed making yesterdays card however after reading the comments I have to agree the front didn't match the inside! but as a few of you said its great to push our limits as crafters!
I thought I would share something a little more me today using some spellbinders dies form Last year that again I never got round to playing with! This is made using the shells duality which is a similar idea to the Creative Expressions gemini dies and the Savoy decorative elements and labels.
I started by cutting the detail die form the duality range into the 2 edges of a piece of gold vintage card. Next I cut a panel in the Limetree gold dust iridescent card and 'slotted' this between the 2 cuts using the shells to hold this strip in place. I then added a strip of pearls along the edge.
Next I cut the elements in the savoy set alternating between the decorative elements and the labels in contrasting gold and gold dust ( this card has a gold shimmer in real life which doesn't show well in pictures) I added pearls using squares cut form the three row pearl strip i used on the sides ( this is a new find with 3mm pearls in a triple strip meaning you can add a trio or cut into individual strips giving great value)
I finished with layers of the white and gold and whilst I was going to put some flowers on I love the stark decorative look of this card it juts needs a sentiment in the centre which Ive left till the right occasion presents itself!
Enjoy...
Morning John, another super duper sample, and it doesn't need a flower it is perfect as it is. I like the idea of the 3mm strips, email on it's way.
ReplyDeleteStay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Morning John, a beautiful card would do for guys too.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Hi John, a very ornate card. Love it, great layout. Bx
ReplyDeleteMorning John a lovely cardthose dies are beautiful.
ReplyDeleteCatherine.xx
Eh up John
ReplyDeleteQuite right. Doesnt need anything else other than the sentiment. Have seen these dies but not taken much notice. Must have a closer look.
Ang x
Very elegant John. Think I'll look at Limetree cardstock next time I'm at a show.
ReplyDeleteAnnette x
Gorgeous card, very classy & elegant.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Hi John
ReplyDeleteLovely card today.
Jan
Hi John, love the edging die, never seen it before and the cardstock you used is lovely. Love Rosemarie X
ReplyDeleteGood morning John,
ReplyDeleteAnother great card, I love the design, needs nothing else.
I love the edge, off to have a look for that Die. Oh! gosh I don't need more Dies, I will just have a look!!
Have a fantastic day
Patricia xxx
Good morning John, great card those dies look beautiful.
ReplyDeleteMarion S x
Another great idea, xx
ReplyDeleteSorry John, this one doesn't rock my boat but can appreciate as usual all the work you put into it.
ReplyDeleteLove Valxxx
Hi John
ReplyDeleteOoo i love this card ,beautiful colour and dies, and with all those pearls WOW!
Elaine H X
Just right for a pearl wedding anniversary card. Love the design but too many pearls for me apart from the occasion I've mentioned!
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
A real beauty John dosnt need anything else it's a stunner thank you
ReplyDeleteLove June horrocks xxxxxx
Morning John, lovely card and does not need a flower.
ReplyDeleteWendyx
A bit heavy on the pearls for me, I'm afraid, John but as Jan said great for a pearl wedding anniversary.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Hi John
ReplyDeleteI really like this card, it would be ideal for a golden or pearl anniversary card for starters
June x
I love the middle of the card, nice clean look which is me. however for me I would need to snip off the two triple rows of pearls, sorry but for me that's over kill, and the card is pretty enough not to need them.
ReplyDeleteLove and hugs (and sorry :0( )
Helen xx
Hello John,
ReplyDeleteReally like it, as soon as I saw this I thought "ideal card for boys as it looks like a Castle door", but I'd leave off the pearls and add a spear to the middle section!! It's my weird take on things.
love Maureen xx
A very classy card done in gold. I agree with some of the other ladies though - I wouldn't have put so many pearls on if I was doing it.
ReplyDeleteThat's a lorra lorra pearls John!! Too many for my taste but an interesting card. Love from Jackie xx
ReplyDeleteHello John.
ReplyDeleteI really like this one! It has an architectural look to it! Really stylish and as you say just waiting for the right sentiment! No need for bells and whistles!! Perfect as it is.
Thank you,
Love Myra x
Hi John,Very nice card today,and much more your style.Love the clean lines etc., but that's me not very adventurous.I like clean lines and pretty.Have a good day and stay healthy and happy Lots of Love Barbara D xxx
ReplyDeleteHi John. Great dies and card. Don't think it needs any flowers but depends who you send it to . Thank you for sharing this.
ReplyDeleteHi John this is a stunning card I love those dies. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteA stunning card today love the dies you've used.
Your card has a heraldry look to it, plus loads and loads of pearls. I can tell you had fun making this one!
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteVery rich card with lots of pearls
Hug's Lynda xx
Hi John. This card would be a really good one for the blokes (you may have to leave the pearls off though) as it has an heraldic feel to it. Great idea.
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
Hi John, lovely card, no need for ribbon or flowers, less is more as the saying goes.
ReplyDeleteTake care, Jess xx
Wow John this looks like it has taken hours, i really love those die you have used.
ReplyDeleteI love this and as for yesterdays i loved it even if the iside didn't match.
Good evening John
ReplyDeleteWow what a fantastic card and I have the border die so no thinking oh do I really need that die! Thank you for the inspiration.
Margaret xxx