I thought I should make a new box after all the wonderful comments I got on the old ones I posted a couple of weeks ago! I seem to be playing with the Swirl Bliss die a lot so thought this would be the ideal candidate for the box.
I stared by scoring a piece of ivory card into 5 sections 5 x 10cm adding a flap for the sides and top / base. I then cut the strip die form the Swirl Bliss into this using one die cut per panel.
I then simply folded the box together punching holes in the centre of each top flap and threading ombre ribbon through the holes to close the box. The base is made by adding a hexagon to the flaps at the bottom to give a solid base ( just draw around the completed box to get the size for the base)
To decorate the box I stamped the CE shaded orange blossom flowers onto pixie powdered paper and cut them out using the matching die. I repeated this with the shaded orange blossom leaves stamps and cut these out with the matching dies.
I shaped the flowers and leaves and added ta smaller spray on the top to seal the box as shown. I added a larger spray on the 'front' of the box adding stick on pearls in the centre.
Enjoy...
Good Morning John You always do stunning boxes and this one is no exception Love it Thank you Have a good day
ReplyDeleteHi John.
ReplyDeleteThank you a lovely box.
Take care and have fun Kitty.
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteThank you a lovely box.
Take care and have fun Kitty.
Morning John, a lovely creation, looks so elegant with a little gift inside.
ReplyDeleteHope all is going well for you and that you are keeping busy.
Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Hello John, this is a really beautiful box, love the shape, so different to an ordinary square box. Would make lovely table centres for parties or a wedding. Take care all. Bx
ReplyDeleteThis is a gorgeous box. So pleased that you are letting your creativity go wild using all the products that you haven't had chance to play with. Sue xxx
ReplyDeleteMorning John, love all your boxes and this is no exception it is beautiful and sounds quite easy will be giving it a go.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Good morning John. This box is gorgeous, very pretty.
ReplyDeleteMarion S x
Hi john a lovely box thanks for sharing .
ReplyDeleteCatherine .xx
Hi John. Absolutely gorgeous - so pretty.
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteThis box is gorgeous, absolutely stunning.
Have a great day
Maggie
Good morning John,
ReplyDeleteWOW! oh! WOW! love this fantastic box
Will be having a go at this when I can get my hands on my Crafty Stash!
Looks like you are letting your wonderful creativity loose once again. Keep the great projects coming, I love seeing them.
Have a fantastic day.
Patricia x
Love this box John what a lovely die thank you
ReplyDeleteLove June horrocks xxxxxxx
Gorgeous project, really lovely.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Hi John
ReplyDeleteGorgeous box, you are so creative.Any gift would look special in a box like this.
Jan
Hi John
ReplyDeleteA beautiful box.
B xx
Hi John, a really beautiful box, it looks so complicated and elegant, the sort you would lay a fortune for in the shops. Love Rosemarie X
ReplyDeleteThis is absolutely gorgeous, John.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Good morning John xx stunning box xx your a box master !!!
ReplyDeleteGood morning John xx stunning box xx your a box master !!!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful box. SueL x
ReplyDeleteNo one makes boxes like you John. This is beautiful.
ReplyDeleteLove Valxxx
It's beautiful And any of our Striplet dies could be substituted
ReplyDeleteStunning John, you are so talented. I need you inside my head.
ReplyDeleteAnnette x
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteStunning box and the flowers are so beautiful.
Thanks for sharing,
Heather
This is stunning John. I have never made boxes (apart from the flatter ones to pop a deeper card into).
ReplyDeletePlease would you do a youtube tutorial on making this or something similar as I really have no idea where to begin, and I dare say I am not on my own.
Lots of hugs Helen xxx
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteVery pretty.
Lydia
X
Beautiful box john .
ReplyDeleteElaine H x
Morning John
ReplyDeleteGorgeous box and flower
June x
A stunner but it is what you do best, xxx
ReplyDeleteWow, John, what a gorgeous box. I would be over the moon to receive a gift in a box like this. The flowers are so pretty too!
ReplyDeleteLesley S x
Morning John, A stunning box !!
ReplyDeleteLots of love from Patricia xx
Hi John, love your boxes and this one is no exception - beautiful.
ReplyDeleteWendyx
Hello John,
ReplyDeleteYour box is really lovely! I'm going to give this one a try as it sounds quite straightforward. Thank you very much for sharing your lovely ideas. Much appreciated. Enjoy your day!
Love Myra xx
Really gorgeous John! Hope all is well with you. xxx
ReplyDeleteHello John! This is absolutely stunningly beautiful. I love it and will attempt to make one similar. Thank you for sharing your amazing projects with us. I hope you are well. Take care! Enjoy your crafty journey! Craft Owl by the Sea, north Norfolk. xx
ReplyDeleteHello John, this box is gorgeous, you are soooo clever, I wish you could show us how to do this, thank you for sharing. Take care
ReplyDeleteJess xx
Hi John
ReplyDeleteThis is a stunning box. I've never attempted making a box, maybe now is the time to give it a try as yours are always so beautiful.
Hi John this is a stunning box. I love the die you have used on the box and the flowers are so pretty. Anyone would be thrilled to receive a gift in this. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteGood afternoon John
ReplyDeleteThis is absolutely wonderful love it I will be giving this a try without a doubt!
Thank you so much for sharing your fantastic talent.
Have a super day
Margaret xxx
Love your boxes!
ReplyDeleteHi John,This is absolutely gorgeous.I have been mesmerised with all your boxes on your past blogs,spent a couple of days watching your videos etc.,Haven't got this particular die but sure I could use some I have.Absolutely beautiful and so generous of you to share.Take care and stay well and happy,Lots of Love Barbara D xxx
ReplyDeleteHi |John,
ReplyDeletethis is bliss indeed. All your boxes are so wonderful and you make it look so easy. Which it isn't at all, at least not when I do it and mine don't look half as beautiful as yours.
Hugs, Rose
You are so clever with boxes and this is no exception.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Stunning john x absolutely stunning x
ReplyDeleteTheresa w x
Hi John
ReplyDeletewhat a really beautiful box, lovely colours and going to try this as I can put my candles into them as a gift
love
Sharon
xx
Hi John A really lovely box I've never tried making a box so should really pluck up the courage and have a go!
ReplyDeleteHello John,
ReplyDeleteThis is stunning and when I get myself more organised, I'm definitely going to give this a go.
Maureen xx
Hi John
ReplyDeleteWhat a fabulous box. Must give this a go. I work in inches I'm afraid so will have to look and see what I can do with the measuring,
Hi John what a gorgeous box will definitely give this a go but I also only work in inches.
ReplyDeleteCrafty Hug's Lynda xx
Hi John. Love this box. I am hoping I may be able to do something similar with the existing dies that I have. I hope you managed to cut the whole box out of one sheet of A4 card. Thanks for the recipe for this one.
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
This is a gorgeous box John. Thank you so much for sharing it with us. Haven't got the die so hopefully some the the striplets will work. Must give it a try. Thanks.
ReplyDeleteJohn this is stunning, i love the detail on the box
ReplyDeleteand the beautiful flowers with the pixie powder.
I think i need a video demo to make this lol
Eh up John
ReplyDeleteSorry I'm catching up. Bad few days.
Your boxes are always a delight as this is no exception.
Love it!
Ang x