Happy Friday,
Todays post is made with another spellbinders Die that I bought but again left to languish in my to be used box! Today's die is called the Circle Contemo die which gives this beautiful circle background pattern.
I started by cutting the die into a pice if sky blue card. I then embossed the die into a square of champagne pearl card, i clipped the corners using a corner rounder and then added the circle die back into the champagne piece.
I temped the sentiment from my summers child clear stamp set in smoky grey versatile ink onto a piece of the champagne. I cut this out using labels 50 from spellbinders and framed it with layers cut from blue and champagne .
I used the corner die from the contempt set and added these to each side with pearls in the centre.
I finished the card using the other section from the corner die on the champagne layers at each corner. A few layers of the blue and champagne and a simple card with depth is finished.
Enjoy...
Great card John and with the geometric shape, this die is very gender friendly.
ReplyDeleteMarion S x
Hi John Am really liking this colour combination together with the quilted effect Must search out Labels 50! Have a good day
ReplyDeleteHi John.
ReplyDeleteThank you another beautiful card.
Have a great weekend Kitty.
Hi John
ReplyDeleteAnother beautiful card today,love the blue and champagne together it works well.
Jan
Hello John, this card is beautiful, what a great die, love the verse too. Have a great day. Bx
ReplyDeleteMorning John, another beautiful card and lovely fresh colours.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
A lovely colour combo and I love the background.
ReplyDeleteWill we see you back on TV again?
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteI love your new creations, absolutely gorgeous.
Hope you are OK.
Maggie
Gorgeous card John, lovely colours.
ReplyDeleteAnnette x
Beautiful card, love the die & the colour combination.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Hi John a beautiful card and i love the sentiment.
ReplyDeleteCatherine xx
Oh! My! Word! John, your card is amazing, love it.
ReplyDeleteI really like that "quilted' effect.
Have a great day
Patricia x
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteYet again a lovely card with beautiful words. X
This looks lovely. I've had a go at the quilting effect which as you have said, is easy although I found it worked better on some type of card than others.
ReplyDeleteI see you are at Colemans tomorrow but unfortunately I shan't get over as I'm looking after my granddaughter for the day. However Anne and I have booked for your workshop there the following weekend.
Jan
Northampton
Morning John, gorgeous card today, so easy to do and the sentiment stamps really do come into there own on here.
ReplyDeleteStay safe, healthy and happy, hugs June Smith xxxx
Hi John
ReplyDeleteA beautiful card, love the quilted effect.
B xx
Lovely card John,will have to try the quilted effect.Joycex
ReplyDeleteHi John, Another great card. I really like that champagne colour, works really well with the blue. Love Rosemarie X
ReplyDeleteStunning card John love it thank you xxxxxxx June horrocks xxxx
ReplyDeleteMorning John another really lovely card. Love this die.
ReplyDeleteWendyx
Really love the die John. Must look it up.
ReplyDeleteLove Valxxx
I love the "quilting" effect but haven't tried it yet.
ReplyDeleteSee you tomorrow.
Anne (Northampton)
This is lovely. I've only just learned about the embossing and overlaying techniques so must give it a go.
ReplyDeleteYet another beautiful card , love how you have used the corners.
ReplyDeleteElaine H X
I love the die and it looks great set into the embossing. All in all a lovely card. xx
ReplyDeleteLovely card, John, love the quilted effect and the colours you have used.
ReplyDeleteLesley S x
Great card John for male or female. Love from Jackie xx
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteLove this card... and it doesn't have anything to do with my name or birth month LOL
June x
Hello John,
ReplyDeleteLove the effect of this die, embossed and cut, the card is a stunner.
love Maureen xx
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteGreat card for males.
Hugs, Rose
Love this, especially the quilting effect.
ReplyDeleteGorgeous John xxx I really love the colours the champagne is a gorgeous card xx
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card John. Like the quilted effect. Will give this a try. Thank you for sharing this. Have a good weekend. Take carexx
ReplyDeleteI think using the pearl card is stunning in this design. I appreciate that you demonstrated, on hochanda, to use the embossing layer technique instead of the time consuming technique of replacing bits and pieces back into the die cut. Well done.
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card & gorgeous Die. The pearl card sets ithe design of so well stunning.
Hug's Lynda xx
Beautiful card and your colour choice is lovely I never think to mix pearl card with "plain" card
ReplyDeleteHi John, lovely card today
ReplyDeleteLori from Canada
Hello John ,
ReplyDeleteAnother beautiful card! Love the blue and cream. Really like the Die too! Great idea to use the corner cutters! Often use them on plain mats but didn't think of using them on a Die.
Thank you ,
Love Myra x
Hi John
ReplyDeleteAnother beautiful card today. What a great technique as well. Thanks for sharing.
Hi John Lovely card lovely quilted effect with the champagne card. Great ides to use the corner cutters!
ReplyDeleteHi John, love this card, the quitting looks brilliant, I need to give this technique a try.
ReplyDeleteTake care, x
Jess Watson
OOH John i love this card, like the effect from embossing and then placing the cut die over the top.
ReplyDeleteLove the colour combo too and of course the beautiful
sentiment die of yours.
Hi John. This card has all the ingredients that I like in a card, but I am not too sure about the champagne coloured card that you have used. Perhaps it is because of the large amount of it on the card, or maybe it is the glare on the picture (sorry)
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
Gorgeous card John. Not seen this die before.
ReplyDeleteHi John, I was out yesterday so just seen this card. It's super - I like the colours and LOVE the die, so much so I had to buy it! Loving the quilting;off to play with the eternal rings striplet till the one arrives!
ReplyDeleteCheryl Infinity-fan
Eh up John
ReplyDeleteJust playing catch up. I'm not a fan of pearlised card generally but it works so well with this super design. Will have to look out for this die.
Best wishes.
Ang x
I really like this card, however I think for my taste I would prefer a bow or a few flowers in one corner to soften it. However that said I would use it as it is for a male card.
ReplyDeleteNot criticising though just an observation.
Hugs Helen xx
It's the old John back full of very different ideas and great techniques love it
ReplyDelete