Happy Wednesday,
well after all the lovely comments on yesterdays post and card I really am feeling in the Pink so why not share a Pink card.
This is another sample from Sunday and Mondays shows this time highlighting one of my favourite innovations from Sue Wilson the striplet collection. My blog family, especially Mrs Duck, will know my weakness for a striplet this one is the brand new timeless die used here to create this bright background.
I started by cutting the insert panel form the striplet into an piece of bright white foundation card three times to for a square. Next I used the centre strip ands the outline that matches it and cut this in white and backed it with pink foam mounting these in the centres of the background. I mounted the whole piece onto more of the Sherbet point card ( I'm not a pink person but this shade of Sherbet really shouts to me!
I then cut the Molly frame and take dies in sherbet twice, backed each one with white and cut one in half to give a shadow frame effect at the back. I stamped the sentiment, in watering can archival of course) onto a scrap of white and cut it with the centre oval form the molly set, mounting it in the centre.
Next I cut a series of the new Starflower die set in the pink and white, mounted the same size together offset and added pastel pink PVA in the centre ( there is a set of 4 pastel colours of the PVA dimensional on this weeks shows)
I finished the piece with vanilla PVA pearls this collection has so many places to put pearls its amazing.
This card will be a demo on Mondays shows so tune in to see how it was made.
Enjoy...
Morning John, an absolutely stunning card love all the striplets too and this colour of pink is gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Hi john
ReplyDeletewhat a stunning card love the colours and the dies thank you tracyw x
Hi John, a very pretty and girly card, love the vibrant pink, and a great use of striplet dies. Bx
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteI too love the striplet dies always useful. Beautiful card.
Jan
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteLove the vibrant pink this morning. The card is a real wow. Aren't striplets just so versatile?
Well, I finally found time to follow the instructions you gave me at the NEC about the gilding flakes - probably because I'm stuck inside with a very bad chest! Anyway I left the card overnight before applying the flakes and ...
... it worked brilliantly! Thanks for all your help. For the first time I can now use stamps too so I'm going to stock up on your lovely stamps. Aren't gadgets brilliant? I have RSD/CRPS and arthritis in my right hand and I am right-handed and never thought I would manage to do any more stamping. It's been over ten years so I'm really chuffed. Thanks for all your help.
Have a great day.
Happy crafting.
D xx
Love the colour, love how you've used the striplet dies, especially love the flower. Looking forward to the shows.
ReplyDeleteAnnette x
Gorgeous card-I also love the Striplet dies.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Lovely card John. Strip lets are so useful.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Good morning John your card is gorgeous. I love the colours and the dies are amazing. Your shows are going to be fantastic. Have a great day today. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteHi John and crafters all
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card, pretty colours to. These striplet dies are so versatile. Looking forward to your new shows on Hochanda.
Love and crafty hugs to all
Tina T xxxx
Beautiful card John, love the Striplets they are so versatile.Joycex
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeletewhat a super gorgeous card.
So much very lovely work involved with this great design.
Lovely shade of pink also.
Lots of crafty regards. Jenny L.
Morning John, a beautiful card today, love the colours and the striplets you have used.
ReplyDelete(PS it is Thursday not Wednesday)
Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Love the way you have used the striplet die here, John.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Hi John
ReplyDeleteA beautiful card and gorgeous colours. I love striplets too
B xx
Unusual for you to do a pink card John, but it's lovely.
ReplyDeleteHi John. I too love Striplets, they are so useful fir lots of different looks. Love Rosemarie X
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card John and love that shade of pink. Marion S x
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteWow this card is gorgeous.
I must remember to set my HD box to record your shows.
Monday is babysitting day for me so I won't be able to watch your shows live, our Grandchildren either want to watch Bing, Peppa pig or Paw patrol ( no wonder my brain is numb when they've gone home lol)
Keep up the great work
Maggie
Hi John love the striplets this is s beautiful card pink is brill love June horrocks xxxxxxxx
ReplyDeleteWow that woke me up this morning. Its a lovely design John, but a bit too bright for me. Still there are lots of people who do like their bright colours and it wouldn't do for us all to be the same.
ReplyDeleteHave a happy day
Hugs
Helen (stitchingranny)
Eh up John
ReplyDeleteWell slap my thigh and call me Betsy ...... this is unmistakably PINK lol! Very bright for you but a stunner and great design.
I warned you that many succumb to Stripletus Overuse-us (its now an official condition). Later I shall, indeed, be fondling a Christmas one. Do that twice per day and all will be well lol!
Ang x
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteStunning card, love the way that you have used the striplet and the colour is beautiful.
Thanks for sharing,
Heather
So pretty John but so NOT you LOL. xxxxx
ReplyDeleteGood Morning John definitely in the pink, its spectacular love it to bits. hugs Shirleyxxx
ReplyDeleteMorning John well this card certainly brightened up a dull day. Love the concept of this card, but it is a tad to bright for me.
ReplyDeleteWendyx
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteAgain, I see this card in black and white with red flower accents, I love the design.
Hugs, Rose
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteLove the card, so pretty.
Lydia
X
Beautiful card John. Absolutely love the colour. Xx
ReplyDeleteLovely, John. Striplet dies are so useful and the colours are just great in this card
ReplyDeleteHi John. Lots of really lovely elements to this card, but for me, by putting them all together I feel the result is a bit too busy and confused. Sorry.
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
Love this card John and the pink is gorgeous. Thank you for sharing this. Another die I haven't got.😟
ReplyDeletePretty card john x love the striplets too x
ReplyDeleteTheresa w x
Oh my word air is stunning and that shade of sherbet is beautiful and I'm not a pink person either!
ReplyDeleteI love a Striplet and the latest ones with an inner piece too are so pretty
Evening John
ReplyDeleteWOW, a pretty, vibrant card, love it
June x
This is a gorgeous card and i love the layout and everything but to be honest i am not sure about the pink.
ReplyDeleteBut it is still a fabulous card.