Happy Friday,
Another double day as I promised to give a closer view of the card I made on my first Hochanda show on Wednesday evening at 8pm. If you want to see how this card was made then click HERE for the rewind service and watch how its done.
I used the insert die from the butterfly frame and the amazing butterfly edger to make he main decoration of the card. For the flowers I used vellum I had pixie powdered along with the cape day die.
The second card is a christmas card as I try to post a chritsmas card every friday!
a very simple card made with the insert die form the poinsettia background which I cut then applied velum to the rear. I coloured the velum form the back using alcohol markers and repeated the process to give me three panels. I repeated this on the poinsettia tag and added this town the side!
Winners form this weeks card will be announced tomorrow!
Enjoy...
Good morning John today's card's are beautiful xx
ReplyDeleteTwo lovely cards John.Love the butterfly one. Haven't caught up with yesterday's shows yet. Joyce x
ReplyDeleteJust finished the ironing to find your blog hadn't been updated, shock, horror.
ReplyDeleteTwo fabulous cards today. I love them both but the top just has the edge for me. I'm hoping to find time to watch yesterday's shows today as OH is at the classic car show again.
Happy crafting.
D xx
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteThank you two lovely cards.
Thank you for all the great shows with tips and inspiration.
Take care and have fun Kitty.
Morning John, two great cards love them both.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Morning John
ReplyDeleteI loved No. 1 card from your first show and your second card is beautiful.
Jan x
Hi John, both these cards are gorgeous, your shows were great, loved all the demos, and the sample cards are fab. Have a good day. Bx
ReplyDeleteBoth cards are fab, brilliant shows yesterday.
ReplyDeleteAnnette x
Hi John and crafters all,
ReplyDeleteTwo beautiful cards for the twofer Friday
Love them both !!!!!
Watched you demo no 1 so need to pop these dies on my Christmas list.
No 2 will make a great batch card.
Enjoyed you shows yesterday and received my email about Gilding polish.
I shall use it sparingly as now I know it is a collectors piece with it being called
GLIDING POLISH which it is really as it does glide across the card.
Love and crafty hugs to all
Tina T xxxxx
Love both cards. The second one looks like a fairly quick to do.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Good morning John both of these cards are gorgeous. I really enjoyed your shows. Of course I now want all of the dies. Have a great day today I bet you will be very busy. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteTwo gorgeous cards-love them both.
ReplyDeleteMichele
2 gorgeous cards but I do love the 1st one im just waiting for my die to ckme so i can start playing
ReplyDeleteThanks John for all your inspiration
Sharon
xxx
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteTwo gorgeous cards today. Love them both.
Happy crafting
Maggie
Two gorgeous cards John, really like the flowers made out of vellum and pixie powders, gorgeous. Marion S x
ReplyDeleteJust watching the shows now!!!. Love this and the new butterfly dies, xxxx
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteTwo lovely cards. I loved the demo of the first one. Am busy working my way through recordings of your shows.
B xx
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteTwo lovely cards.
Lydia
X
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card, really enjoyed your shows.
Thanks for sharing,
Heather
Morning John, Two beautiful cards, the first is my favourite.
ReplyDeleteLots of love from Patricia xx
Hi John. Two great cards. If I was forced I think I would go for the second one, but they are both lovely. Love Rosemarie X
ReplyDeleteBoth cards are lovely John. Will be watching the shows over the weekend. Xx
ReplyDeleteMorning John, oh I like this, I will be watching the video again later.
ReplyDeleteStay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Two lovely cards, John, but the first one is my favourite.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Good Morning John two beautiful cards and I watched you create them, love the pink to. hugs Shirleyxxxx
ReplyDeleteHi John. Two beautiful cards but the pink is such a change of colour, I love it. SueL x
ReplyDeleteBeautiful cards. Really enjoyed the shows John. You always show us such useful tips!
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteTwo beautiful cards!!....my favourite has to be no.1 as I love pink and adore butterflies!! It's your fault totally that I HAD to place my order!!
Love
Sam
Loving both designs. I even like the pink you used .....!!
ReplyDeleteLoved your shows
xx
Both designs are gorgeous I'm not a pink person but I like this shade
ReplyDeleteTwo beautiful cards john x wonderful dies x
ReplyDeleteTheresa w x
Afternoon John, two beautiful cards, I love them both, hugs Johanna
ReplyDeleteGorgeous butterfly card. The photos do not show the "enamel" butterflies, so I was glad I was able to see this card on hochanda. I enjoyed your shows on hochanda this week. Looking forward to more shows in the future.
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteThe butterfly card and flowers is stunning, I love it!
June x
Hi John
ReplyDeleteLove the butterfly card and the poinsettia Christmas card. I remember seeing you do this one on a show.
Hello John, I love the first card's design, absolutely gorgeous, the butterly border is so pretty. Second card to is lovely too. trying to do the catch up shows, Kate x
ReplyDeleteHello John,
ReplyDeleteMy apologies for my absence but I've been away and it wasn't easy to in touch! However I did Pin! Will have to watch the Shows on Catch up!
Today's card is gorgeous! Thank you!
Love Myra
Must watch the recording as this is lovely.
ReplyDeleteThank you,
Sue Mac
Hi John a beautiful card, got side tracked watching the video and forgot to leave a post on here. Love double days, hard to choose a favourite but I think number one is the favourite.
ReplyDeleteWendyx
Love both cards today John and I did manage to see you demoing the first one. Think I saw you demoing the second one on a previous show. Thank you for sharing these.
ReplyDeleteHi John. Both are lovely cards but I think the first one is my favourite. I love the colour and particularly like the spray of flowers.
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
Both cards are nice but oh that first one would steal my heart, as Lisbeth said, its the colour and the spray of flowers. they are just stunningly beautiful.
ReplyDeleteGood morning John,
ReplyDeletewell card one would be my favourite as i do love those cape daisies that you have made, they are just so pretty done in the vellum and pink card for the middles. The butterfly frame is such a versatile die and looks so different in the different settings that it is put into. I think that and the butterfly outline is the next ones on my list of getting as who doesn't need a butterfly?
The poinsettia background die is a gorgeous die and fairly packs a punch when done in triplet like you have done. I love how you have coloured it in on the back of the vellum flower to bring out all it's beauty in the leaves and flowers. Thank you John for two gorgeous cards,
love and crafty hugs
Norah (glenochil)
Must appologise for my very late comment.
ReplyDeleteJohn this is another stunner and enjoyed watching you demo this on hochanda.
I sat there with my pen and paper to make a note of everything you used for this so i could add it to my list for santa lol