Its back to Christmas Friday as its getting close the sign ion my local supermarket said there were only 30 sleeps left so not much time left!
Today's first card is one I made quite a while ago but forgot to photograph so Im afraid it got marked while waiting sorry.
I started by cutting the frame die from the poinsettia mini background into a piece of white foundation card. I backed this with double sided adhesive sheet then cut the centre out using one of the double pierced oval dies. I then removed the carrier sheet and added gold microbeads into the patterned frame.
Next I cut the country cottage dies in white ( making sure to emboss the dies as well) I mounted these behind the opening using mounting cushion. Next I added cosmic shimmer dries clear glue over the snowy areas of the cottage scenes and added diamond snow to make the snow area shine. I cut the starry night background from white card and mounted this over black card.
I finished the card, and this is an actual card, with layers of black and bright gold pearl foundation card. A simple looking card but the depth really works and would make a great card for those who celebrate the holiday but not christmas.
I thought it might be nice to see the opposite version using black and silver.
Back tomorrow with another sample for my Hochanda shows!
Enjoy...
I love both these cards but for me the black and silver just has the edge.
ReplyDeleteHave a great day.
Happy crafting.
D xx
Hi John
ReplyDeleteTwo very beautiful but different cards again today. I think I like No.1 best.
Jan
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteThank you two very nice cards.
take care and have fun Kitty.
Morning John, two beautiful cards but must say I prefer the white and gold one.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Hi John and crafters all
ReplyDeleteWhat lovely cards these are, love them both so it's a draw for me.
Patiently waiting for your Hochanda shows on Sunday.
Love and crafty hugs to all
Tina T xxxx
Hi John, two really wonderful cards, love them both. Looking forward to the shows. Bx
ReplyDeleteTwo stunning cards John but my favourite is the gold and white.
ReplyDeleteMorning John, oh how lovely these two cards are, the first one is my favourite and I am going to see if I can make this or something similar, Christmas is nearly on top of us and I am nowhere near ready, can't seem to get myself motivated.
ReplyDeleteStay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Good morning John both of these cards are gorgeous I love all the dies. I am so looking forward to your shows. Have a great day today. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteTwo fantastic cards, especially the second one.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteLove these cards, wish I could magically make them myself in a few minutes.
Can't believe how close Christmas is, I've hardly done any cards.
I Have done some crafting this week, made two full sets of advent boxes for Christmas trees, filled them with choccies and they are ready to go on Christmas trees for our grandchildren (well 4 of them, has been decided by her mummy that the youngest granddaughter is too young )
Also made 3 Christmas cards & 4 Birthday cards, now have two more Christmas Eve boxes to make and decorate. I have done a load of die cutting, just need the time to create cards with them lol.
Babysitting two youngest grandchildren again today and then having one of them overnight tonight so in for a fun day (and night) lol.
Have a great time prepping for your shows
Maggie
Two great cards, John - the first is my favourite though.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Both cards are lovely John.Hard to choose a favourite.Joyce x
ReplyDeleteDelightful John. Thanks for FB last night too, sorted now I think.xxx
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteTwo lovely cards. The first is my favourite because it looks snowy in white.
B xx
Both cards are spectacular and although they have depth, they appear "flat enough" for posting
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteTwo gorgeous card, love them both.
Lydia
X
Hi John. Two really great cards. I love the depth they have. Makes you feel you are really looking into the scene. Love Rosemarie X
ReplyDeleteLovely cards John. I think I like the white one best.
ReplyDeleteLove em both very clever thank you
ReplyDeleteLove June horrocks xxxxxx
Beautiful cards John, especially the first one. Xx
ReplyDeleteGood Morning John, a gorgeous pair of cards this morning love both the colour cordination's its amazing how different they look to. hugs Shirleyxxxxxxx
ReplyDeleteHi John, both cards are lovely but the first one has the edge for me as the second one looks a bit gloomy (I would light the windows up). I have these dies but not used them yet - getting panicky now as re Xmas cards....
ReplyDeleteHugs, Rose
Hello John, both cards are so different but I particularly love the effect the gold micro beads make.
ReplyDeleteMany thanks
Hi John. Lovely cards but prefer the white and gold myself. Thank you for sharing.
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness these are gorgeous cards, fabulous dies and the designs are amazing, great work John, Kate x 😉
ReplyDeleteHi John, Two fabulous cards, the second is very dramatic, I find that there is my 'definition' in the houses in the first card.
ReplyDeleteLots of love from Patricia xx
that should read 'more' definition hahaha xx
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteI love the first version of your card and agree with Patricia Howarth on the second
June x
Hi John, can't believe how different these cards look just by changing the colour combination. Both are great and I cannot choose a favourite as I like them both but for different reasons.
ReplyDeleteWendyx
Both stunning cards John.
ReplyDeleteLove Valxxx
Hi John. I was thinking about making something similar using the country cottage dies but I think your cards look much better so I may pinch some of your ideas (they do say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery)
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
Hi John,
ReplyDelete2 wonderful and super cards today.
My fave is the first as I love the colours used and the wonderful design.
Love the wonderful scenes in the oval cut out.
Lots of crafty regard. Jenny L.
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteLove these cards and the technique you have used. the gold and white looks stunning. Wish you could do a video how you made them would be wonderful!!. Love everything about thses cards. Jenny Isle of Wight.
John these cards are truly fabulous, the first one is definately my favourite.
ReplyDeleteThe white and gold look so christmasy than the black &
silver one and i think it shows up the detail more and the wonderful technique.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteBoth cards are lovely, John.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteTwo beautiful cards, love them both.
Thanks for sharing,
Heather
Two very nice cards John but the second one is a bit dark for me so the gold and white is a winner for me.
ReplyDeleteTake care, Maria x
Lovely cards John but the first one is my favourite.
ReplyDeleteLove Nancy xx
Eh up John
ReplyDeleteSorry, I looked at these yesterday, got side tracked and forgot to comment, doh!
Great cards but the first is more appealing to me. I think the second may have benefited from highlights at the windows to look like lights, just to break up the black.
Ang x
Gorgeous cards!
ReplyDelete