Happy Tuesday,
I promised my first sneak peak from the new range off Craft dies by Sue Wilson for Creative expressions today. These will be featured in my One Day Special which starts this Sunday this card is the very first I made when I received my dies it just seemed to leap into my mind as soon as I saw the edger and the Tahiti die.
I started by cutting the lattice edger across the top and bottom of a piece of wisteria foundation card. Next I added one of the edges that comes with the set and cut this on each end. I studded the lattice and the points on the edge with cosmic pearl PVA dimensional glue.
Next I cut the outline die ( number1) form the Tahiti die set. I then cut dies 2 and 3 from white and dies 4 and 5 from another layer of wisteria. I stamped the sentiment in the centre of a further layer of the white and foam mounted each layer above the next.
For the striped nasturtiums I cut the complete petal die in pixie powdered paper ( made using Purple Violet and Midnight Blue pixie powders) I then cut the open striped petals ( both styles come in the set so perfect value). I used some of the Creative Expressions stamens for the centres colouring the ends with indigo mist colour cloud blending ink). I made up the flowers as shown using just one of each die cut for each separate flower and shaped these to make them look 3D and more realistic. I arranged them on sprays of the Sue Wilson Ivy die cut in more of the white.
I added layers of the wisteria, white and added periwinkle blue for contrast and to balance the pixie powder flowers. A few more pearl PVA dots and some white pearl corners and finished.
I have loads more samples and demo cards to show you every day until Sunday including a sneak peak tomorrow of the brand new Shaded nasturtium stamp designed to match the nasturtium die!
Enjoy...
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteThank you a beautiful card, Looking forward to the shows.
Take care and have fun Kitty.
Hi john
ReplyDeletewhat a stunning card love the colours and the dies thank you tracyw x
Wow John what a gorgeous card. I must order the Nasturtium flower die.
ReplyDeleteThanks Jan
Wow, stunning, gorgeous, beautiful, fabulous. Great card today John. Love it.
ReplyDeleteHave a great day.
Happy crafting.
D xx
Morning John, absolutely gorgeous love the lattice edger it looks fabulous.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Good morning John and crafters all
ReplyDeleteWhat a tease you are!!
This card is beautiful and the colours fantastic. Love the nasturtiums and the way they are coloured with pixie powders.
Hope you are safe from the path of storm Angus!!!!!
Love and crafty hugs to all,
Tina T xxxx
Beautiful card, can't wait for the shows. Love the flower.
ReplyDeleteAnnette x
Love everything about this card John.Looking forwards to shows.Joycex
ReplyDeleteGreat card-live the sentiment. Looking forward to watching your shows.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteoh my word this card is sooooooooooo! very gorgeous.
I love your wonderful design of this, and the colours are also very gorgeous too.
Can't wait to see the programs.
Lots of crafty regards. Jenny L.
Gorgeous card John
ReplyDeleteMarion S x
Hi John
ReplyDeleteA beautiful card.
B xx
What a pretty card. Looking forward to seeing all the samples and the weekend shows. Flowers die cut from pixie powder paper look great, so do butterflies!
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteWow this card is gorgeous, i have already bought some of this latest release die sets. I love the pacific ones.
Looking forward to seeing what else you create with these new dies.
Happy crafting
Maggie
Hi John. Great card, will be watching with interest. I particularly like the edger die. Love Rosemarie X
ReplyDeleteStunning card John. Xx
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card, John. Really looking forward to the shows.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Love this card -colours are lovely
ReplyDeleteAnn
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card, the colours of the flowers are so pretty and the edger is really delicate.
Thanks for sharing,
Heather
Stunning John love it the colours dies everything brill!!!!!!!thank you love June horrocks xxxx
ReplyDeleteBeautiful, xxxx
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteI'll echo Wendy, beautiful.
Lydia
X
Wow John this is amazing, I love it, just wish you would give this one away and then I would be in with a chance of winning it. Love everything about it.
ReplyDeleteWendyx
Good Morning John wow love the Tahiti die edger its gorgeous I bet it took a lot of patience to get all those dots on them though. Its a stunning card. hugs Shirleyxx
ReplyDeleteWOW WOW WOW, AND ANOTHER WOW. Oh John, you always make beautiful cards but I cannot remember when I last saw a card like this one it is stunning beyond words.
ReplyDeleteI have the Fiji and the striped Nasturtiums, but haven't managed to get Tahiti and Bora Bora yet. They are at the top of my list however.
I already have the recorder set for all the shows next weekend, and cannot wait to watch what you do with this very stunning die set.
Hi John,
ReplyDeletestunning card - can't wait to see what you've done with the other dies.
Hugs, Rose
A beautiful card John, love from Jackie xx
ReplyDeleteWOW John, this is a fantastic card! I so love it!
ReplyDeleteJune x
Morning John, Stunning !!
ReplyDeleteLots of love from Patricia xx
Thank you John, this is so pretty.
ReplyDeleteWow John. This is a stunning card and I. My favouite colours. Thank you for sharing this. Looking forward to the shows at the weekend.
ReplyDeletePretty card John.....luv Ursula xx
ReplyDeleteA really lovely card. Looking forward to the shows.
ReplyDeleteHi John this is a stunning card the dies are amazing. I can't wait to see other samples and for your show on Sunday. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteStunning card John and what gorgeous colours, wonderful design and colours, Kate x
ReplyDeleteHi John, Beautiful card,its a good job Christmas is on the way all these new dies will be fab presents (even if I buy them myself!!!!) See you sunday.
ReplyDeleteAfternoon John, and a great big WOW, this is one truly beautiful card, love the dies you have used, but what a creation, love, love, love it. I want all of these dies too.
ReplyDeleteStay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Gorgeous John I love how Sue is doing sets of Finishing Touches sets with both the closed petal and outline in one set
ReplyDeleteHi just wanted to check about the one day special. The sidebar here on your blog says fri 25 nov and this post you say sunday. Is it both days? Thank you. Beautiful card btw, this die is on my Santa list. Annie x
ReplyDeleteEh up John
ReplyDeleteA vision of total gorgeousness. I'm trying to resist the Tahiti but when you show it like this, its a difficult task lol!
A truly super card.
Ang x
Stunningly gorgeous, that is definately what this card is.
ReplyDeleteI love the lattice edges and those beautiful flowers.
In fact i love everything about this one.