I hope you enjoyed yesterdays shows as much as I did! Today I am demonstrating at the `hobby crafts show at the NEC on the Art of Craft stand. Im there today and tomorrow so if you are going to the show why not pop by ands say hello!
Todays card was a demo I got to show the techniques from but didn't manage to make the complete card so Thought I would show it today.
Next I cut the indian ocean background into a piece of graphite pearl foundation card using die 1 and 2 in the set. This makes the frame as shown once backed with icicle pearl card.
Next I cut the outline and detail die from the seychelles i graphite and backed it in the white again. I repeated this to make 2 of the shapes and glued them together rotated them to make a square shape as shown.
Next I cut the centres form the Maldives and seychelles in white and graphite and foam mounted these in the centre. I finished with an 8mm pearl in the centre and a messy bow with white seam binding.
Finally a few layers of graphite and icicle to emphasise the Art Deco feel of this card.
I will announce the winners form this weeks card giveaways tomorrow.
Enjoy.
Good morning John today's card is beautiful xx
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card today John. I'm at the NEC today and Saturday so hope to see you demoing later today.
ReplyDeleteD xx
Hope to see you today and tomorrow!
ReplyDeleteHi john
ReplyDeletewhat a stunning card love the colours and the dies thank you tracyw x
Hi John
ReplyDeleteGorgeous cards and fantastic techniques - loved your shows - thank you.
Sheila
Love this card John ,only managed to catch a few of the shows on TV but those that I have managed to see have been great
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteLovely card, Great shows thanks.
Jan
Morning John, a gorgeous card, have al your shows recorded hope to catch up with later on today.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Hi John
ReplyDeleteA lovely card I must try the tin foil technique xx
Morning John and crafters all.
ReplyDeleteWhat a striking card this is. Love the techniques you used throughout yesterday's shows.
Have fun at the NEC - happy crafting!!!!
Love and crafty hugs to all,
Tina T xxxx
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteThank you for all the hints and tips on yesterdays shows.
Have lots of fun and take care Kitty.
Morning John, oh dear what are you doing to me, every card you are showing me is giving me inspiration and ideas, love the tin foil technique which you showed us on Hochanda recently and the way you have put this card together is wonderful, absolutely love the bow too, wish I could get mine like that. My brain is getting overloaded with ideas - now that is a sight to see John ha ha!!!
ReplyDeleteEnjoy yourself at NEC I wished I could have got there this time but alas it is not to be.
Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Great card John. Enjoyed your shows. Happy crafting at the nec. Joyce x
ReplyDeleteMorning John
ReplyDeleteStunning card today.
Loved the shows and demos.
Enjoy your day at the NEC
Maggie
Good morning John this is a stunning card. I love those dies they are amazing. Have a great time at the NEC. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteStunning card, really shows the dies off very well.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Loved the shows John. You always make them so inspiring. Great card today.
ReplyDeleteLove Valxxx
Morning John
ReplyDeleteA gorgeous card and love how you've used the kitchen foil and dies
Enjoy your time at the NEC
June x
Hi John
ReplyDeleteA gorgeous card. Great shows on Hochanda, full of techniques and tips. Enjoy the NEC.
B xx
Wow John. This card is stunning. Love it. Xx
ReplyDeleteLoved all your demos yesterday. Great ideas, thank you. Have fun at the NEC - decided to give it a miss this year as I really need to use all the things I have and not be tempted to buy more. (Anne has a little list from me!)
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Lovely card, John. Have the shows recorded so will catch up with them at the weekend.
ReplyDeleteSee you later!
Anne (Northampton)
Hi John
ReplyDeleteWow! You never cease to amaze me with your ideas. This is a beautiful card.
Anne M xxx
Morning John, Love it !! Enjoy the NEC.
ReplyDeleteLots of love from Patricia xx
Beautiful card John. Enjoy your time at the NEC. Marion S x
ReplyDeleteLovely card John, enjoyed your shows. Have fun at the NEC. It is many years since I last went to that show but it was always brilliant. Love Rosemarie X
ReplyDeleteMorning John great card today. Really enjoyed your shows yesterday, but am now off to catch up with your last one. Enjoy the NEC
ReplyDeleteWendyx
Hi John. I did enjoy your shows on TV with all the different ideas. Love this card too.
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
Loving the shows - still got one to watch I loved the demos I saw I'm really taken with the Art Deco Alphbet dies I love that font plus it is a one piece die which means less chance of losing an odd tiny letter (or two!)
ReplyDeleteToday's card is pure luxury made with cheap tin foil! Adding the gilding polish is sooo much easier than ink I'm sue my version done with Archival is still slightly wet after a couple of months or more!
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteGreat card, I have to watch the shows on catch, was unable to tune in yesterday.
Lydia
X
Fab card John and great shows. Love your foil technique. Enjoy your time at NEC. SueL x
ReplyDeleteGood morning John great techniques here. Once the room is done and I am able to get all my craft things unpacked I will give this foil technique a go. Enjoy your time at NEC. I'm going on the coach on Saturday so sadly will miss you. Love from Jackie xx
ReplyDeleteFab shows John, Caught up with them at 4 this morning, you know me and sleep or lack of it!!!!
ReplyDeleteEnjoy NEC and say Hello to Janine!!
What a gorgeous card, must try the foil background! thanks for the great shows.
ReplyDeleteEh up John
ReplyDeleteThis is a truly stunning and striking card. Have fun at the NEC. It's the first one I've missed in many years but can't be helped. Hope you have lots of blog family visit you.
Ang x
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteI really enjoyed your shows and the brilliant tips you always give us. In particular the gilding polish and how the first coat is a bit streaky. I have been tearing my hair out, trying to get it perfect with one coat, so now I shall use them again, with joy!
Your cards were stunning, without exception. This one is absolutely exquisite. Have fun at the NEC.
Hugs, Rose
Brilliant card today and have watched all the shows. Thanks for answering my question. Enjoy the NEC. A bit far for me but will make it one day.
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely stunning..... Love it xx
ReplyDeleteHi John, lovely card this morning, love it!
ReplyDeleteHi John well you must have been hiding when I visited the stand today as I missed you, wow love the card and the whole card design, its just stunning. hugs Shirleyxxxx
ReplyDeleteHello John, Many thanks for a beautiful card.
ReplyDeleteSue Mac
John this is a beautiful work of art.
ReplyDeletedefinately going to try the tin foil technique as the results are alway stunning.
I really love this one.
Lovely card john x was hoping to see you at nec but not going until Sunday have lots of fun x
ReplyDeleteTheresa w x
Gorgeous card John.
ReplyDeleteLove Nancy xx
Love the card. Have a great time at NEC, wish I had gone now
ReplyDeleteMaria x