I thought I would offer a double day today with a card form the Indian Ocean collection and a christmas card just scroll down!
Im back at the Crafting for Christmas show today at the NEC on stand F53, pop by and say hi if you are around!
I stared todays card by cutting the indian ocean collection border down the side of a piece of bright white foundation card 4 times to make the pattern as shown.
Next I embossed the other side of the card using the fantails embossing folder highlighting the embossing with pearl lustre metallic gilding polish.
Next I cut the Mauritius die in white card and backed it with ruby foundation card covered with adhesive sheet. I added iced snow to the background and the back of the die cut. I then added cape daisies in ruby and white cutting extra of the centres which I shaded with scarlet woman colour cloud blending ink. I added these over the bold scroll die cuts again shaded with more of the colour cloud.
A sentiment from my fern frames set, stamped in white embossing powder on a tag cut with the centre die and finished.
Next A christmas card made using waste pieces of rich red foundation card. The background is made using a piece of bright white card which I had cut the Rose leaf and holly spray dies from the christmas rose die set.
I added this over rich red card and mounted some leftover circles over the centre. Next I added the filigree snowflake die cut over the top finishing with then Scripted Happy Christmas.
I added polar white twinkles around the edges to add some sparkle and a strip of off white ribbon, bow, teen and pearl embellishment to finish!
The winners of this weeks card giveaways are:
Monday - Granny Sue
Tuesday - Wendy Maughan
Just email your addresses to Lockers @ Live.co.uk and Ill post them out to you! There will be 2 more chances to win next week so keep your eyes peeled!
Enjoy...
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteLovely to meet up yesterday at the NEC. Thanks for all your help and advice about my stamping problems. I'll be trying out all my new 'toys' later today. I'll let you know how I get on.
I love today's cards. Both are gorgeous and I love the Irish proverb - very true!
Congratulations to the winners of the cards. They're very lucky.
Happy crafting.
D xx
Hi John, two really lovely cards, the second is my favourite, as I love the layout. Have a great time at the NEC. Bx
ReplyDeleteGood morning John today's card is beautiful xx
ReplyDeleteMorning John, two gorgeous cards but I do love the one with the waste piece I do this a lot at Christmas with the the poinsettia's and they look great. Congratulations to the lucky winners
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteThank you your cards are lovely.
Congratulations to the winners.
Have fun Kitty.
Morning John 2 gorgeous cards I watched you make the 1st on Hochanda and recorded it so I can have a go when I get my dies hope you have a good day xxx
ReplyDeleteTwo beautiful cards ,bm
ReplyDeleteMorning John and crafters all
ReplyDeleteTwo beautiful cards today, both very special in their own way.
My favourite is number 2, but love the sentiment on number one!!!
Enjoy day 2 @ the NEC would love to go but to far for me to go.
Congratulations to card winners.
Love and crafty hugs to all,
Tina T xxxxx
Hi John
ReplyDeleteWOW two brilliant cards.LOVE them both.
Jan x
Aww John another two gorgeous cards have a great day xx
ReplyDeleteMorning John, Two gorgeous cards, but I 'adore' what you have done on the second card.
ReplyDeleteLots of love from Patricia xx
Morning John, how I love double days and you have not disappointed me at all with both of these, I am also a sucker for Christmas so these tick every box for me, love them.
ReplyDeleteHope all is going well at NEC
Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Two gorgeous cards, love the second one.
ReplyDeleteCongrats to the card winners.
Michele
Good morning John both of these cards are gorgeous. The dies are amazing. I hope all is going well at the NEC and that you are meeting lots of lovely people. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteBoth cards are lovely John. Like the ideas for the backgrounds.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Hi John
ReplyDeleteTwo great cards. I'm loving the Indian Ocean border, it is on my wishlist. The second card is a different look for a Christmas card and would also make a lovely winter birthday card.
B xx
Two lovely cards John, especially the second one. Have fun at the NEC. Xx
ReplyDeleteHi John. Two great cards today, if I had to choose the second one is the one I would go for. I have a feeling you rather like the cape Daisy die! Love Rosemarie X
ReplyDeleteTwo great cards, John. Good to catch up with you after so long yesterday. Have a good day.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Wonderful cards today John, Save me some Jelly Babies as I bet you will get loads this weekend!!!!!
ReplyDeleteMorning John
ReplyDeleteBoth cards are gorgeous. I especially like the Christmas design
June x
I love these two cards. They're very beautiful.
ReplyDeleteHi John beautiful cards love the dies and colours have a good day
ReplyDeleteLove June horrocks xxxxx
Hi John. What a brilliant start to the day. I have emailed you. Another two lovely cards but I especially like the delicate pink spray of flowers on the first one. SueL x
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely gorgeous cards as ever John! You really are an inspiration! Xx
ReplyDeleteHello John. Follow you on Hochanda and record all of Creative Expressions. My disc is almost full now and I keep for reference. Just love your demos and I have learnt so much. Hope to see you again soon at Sharons Card Crafts in Swanley.
ReplyDeleteFrom your little helper.
Good morning John hope it us all going well at the NEC. Two great cards the first one I saw you do the pattern on your show but I have to say your second offering appeals to me despite saying it us from waste!! Love from Jackie xx
ReplyDeletegood morning john
ReplyDeletelove to be with you and amazing cards too
from denis
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteTwo lovely cards.
Lydia
x
Good morning John, love both of todays cards, they are gorgeous. Enjoy your day at the NEC. Marion S x
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteboth cards are absolutely BEAUTIFUL. Looks like the border is a definite must have, now that you have demonstrated how versatile it is.
Enjoy the NEC.
Hugs, Rose
Hi John I do like double Friday, and the cards today are beautiful. I love the way you have used the the Rose Leaf and Holly spray as backgrounds.
ReplyDeleteWendyx
Good Morning John two beautiful cards today, I love the colour choice to. hugs Shirleyxxxxx
ReplyDeleteGood Morning John,I love both your cards, i wish i could of gone to the NEC.Im abit down i ah a new knee operation in July and my leg is really swollen, dont think i could of sat comfy in the car and then to walk around, mind to be honest i would of gladly liked to go and see as i.ve never been to a craft show.Just wish i could cheer myself up.I'm going to try and copy your cards so till the next time enjoy the NEC and happy crafting xSandra from Northumberland x
ReplyDeleteHi John. I really like both of the cards and I did admire the first one when I saw it on TV. Next to blue and white I do like to use red and white quite often especially at Christmas and yesterday I received my cape daisy dies and I can't wait to have a play.
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
two great cards ,Laura O
ReplyDeleteGorgeous cards John, my love is for the second one.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations to Wendy and Grannysue.
Have fun at NEC,
Maria x
Two beautiful cards john x lovely colours x
ReplyDeleteCongratulations wendy and grannysue x
Theresa w x
Lovely cards today John. Like both of them and cannot really choose a favourite. Hope you have had a good time at the NEC. Thank you for sharing.
ReplyDeleteTwo fabulous cards again today john, i do love both of them but i think the second one is my favourite.
ReplyDeleteAnd the fact you made it out of leftover pieces makes that little more special to me.
Everytime i make a card and go to throw something i can hear you saying keep hold of the scraps lol
Must say i am getting very good at using them up and thinking a bit more about how to save.
Both cards are beautiful and very dramatic
ReplyDeleteHello John,
ReplyDeleteOh i would be so very hard pushed to give you my favourite of these two stunners John, as both are just that, Stunning. I am taking it that you have made a wreath from the cutouts on the second card as i know how "wasteful" you are, lol. That ruby red cardstock is beautiful, so rich and deep in colour and not orangey. I hope that you notice that you have matched the lines up on the topper with the borders that you cut into the background are lined up perfectly, although i don't know if it was intentional or just good luck, but both cards are just stunning flower so thank you for showing us both,
love and crafty hugs
Norah (glenochil village)