I'm back on Hochanda next Sunday evening at 8pm with the launch of the One Day Special showcasing the new dies designed by Sue Wilson for Creative expressions. I will start the sneak peaks tomorrow however for today I really enacted to give this card its day on the blog. This was the last demo I made on the last set of shows.
I just Loved this combination of Rich Plum and coconut white and the way that the Madeline die works so well in many different ways!
I started by cutting just the detail dies ( dies 2 and 4) in the Madeline set into a piece of rich plum foundation card. I lined these 2 cuts up carefully so that they met in the centre, this means I get the totally new pattern that shows in the centre of the card.
Hopefully this picture shows what I mean in the centre is the diamond and surrounding pattern this is not anywhere on the die it is created by the meeting of the 2 edges its like magic!
Next I cut the Madeline die again this time using the outside dies as well in the plum and backed it with coconut white. I foam mounted this piece over the centre to shows the detail. I then cut 4 different of the stitched flags which fit perfectly together and from the sides of the main die. This was designed to allow us to thread ribbon through the die cut bit it works as well with the flags.
I then cut the cape daisies in both plum and white, shaped them and made the contrasting flowers as shown. I cut centres ( included in the die set) in plum and white, shaped these, and added these to the centre of the daisies along with white microbeads. A white bow and a few of the pine sprig dies in white and finished.
I really love the elegant look of this card I hop you will agree!
All cards from the latest giveaways will be posted out today so make sure you sent your address in I'm sorry these have been delayed however this is my first day off for 3 weeks!
Enjoy...
Fabulous card. I love the coconut white with the plum. It looks so rich.
ReplyDeleteHave a great day.
Happy crafting.
D xx
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteThank you a lovely card.
Take care and have fun Kitty.
Hi John
ReplyDeleteLove the card but not colours for me.
Jan
Morning John, this is a stunning card love the way you have p,aced the dies and the colours are very opulent I love it.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Hi John, a fab card, I love the rich plum card, it works so well with a range of other colours. Have a great day. Bx
ReplyDeleteLove the colour, fab card.
ReplyDeleteAnnette x
Hi John and crafters all,
ReplyDeleteLovely card , looks so rich in the plum and white -absolutely fabulous.
Enjoy your well earned day off today, put your feet up!!!!
Love and crafty hugs to all
Tina T xxxx
A lovely style and good to see a different shape. Enjoy your day off, if it turns out to be one! Expect you'll find plenty to do.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Stunning card, gorgeous colour combination.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Lovely card John with opulent colours. Joyce x
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteA beautiful card, opulent colour combo.
B xx
Fabulous card John. Love the rich colour. Xx
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card John, love the way you have create the flowers.
ReplyDeleteMarion S x
Beautiful and I love that rich plum colour I don't have this die but It's made me take a second look at my mandala dies....
ReplyDeleteSo classy, xxxxx
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteLove this card, and the colours you have used.
Enjoy your day off, you deserve it.
Maggie
Hi John, clever use of dies, I love this card. Hope you enjoy your day off. Love Rosemarie X
ReplyDeleteLove the rich plum card - might need to get some! Great card.
ReplyDeleteMake the most of your day off, John.
Anne (Northampton)
Good morning John this is a stunning card I love the design, the colours and the dies. Enjoy your day off it is well deserved. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteVery elegant John the plum is so richlove the dies
ReplyDeleteLove June horrocks xxxxxxxxx
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteLove the rich colour of your card.
Lydia
X
Good Morning John this is such a striking colour choice and its amazing how much it adds to the stunning card design. hugs Shirleyxxxxx
ReplyDeleteLoved this when I saw you make it on the card John. Not colours I would normally reach for but they really suit this card.
ReplyDeleteIts cold and wet out and as my new Cape Daisies arrived on Saturday I am going to sit here in my craft room and have a play day.
Have a happy day
Helen
Hi John,
ReplyDeletestunner of a card. I love it.
Hugs, Rose
Lovely rich colour John. Beautiful card.
ReplyDeleteLove Valxx
Morning John such a lovely card and I really like this plumb colour so rich.
ReplyDeleteWendyx
Hi John. This must be a really huge card and so elegant with the rich plum colour.
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
Hi John
ReplyDeleteFabulous card, love the colour and the design!
June x
Gorgeous card John. Love the colours. Thank you for sharing this. Enjoy your day off.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card john x love the dies and sumptuous colours x
ReplyDeleteTheresa w x
Well you picked a good day off John it's been pouring here all morning so I wouldn't want to be out on the motorways. The plum is such a rich colour and marries up with the white beautifully. Love from Jackie xx
ReplyDeleteJohn this is gorgeous and so much pretty detail.
ReplyDeleteLooks like a lot of work went into this one.
Love the rich colour and the flowers and bow.
Lovely card John. So rich looking.
ReplyDeleteNancy xx
Eh up John
ReplyDeleteBetter late than never lol!
I thought this was splendid when I saw it on the telly. Big, bold and totally magnificent!
Ang x