Happy Monday,
I thought I would share the original card today that I based last Sundays project on! This is also what I used for the lettering for yesterdays card, this time its a little brighter.
I simply cut the Art Deco alphabet die ( its comes in one piece making it so easy to set as there is no chance of losing a letter die) twice in a square of ruby foundation card. I backed this with black foundation card.
Next I cut the alphabet again in funky foam and again in bright white foundation card. I then mounted the LOVE U letters on the funky foam letters and then mounted these back into the appropriate letters own the background.
This means that when read the card reads LOVE U which I think is a pretty cool sentiment and works so well in this colour scheme.
A few layers of black, white and red and finished.
Enjoy...
Good morning John today's card is lovely xx
ReplyDeleteMorning John, a great idea Sue did something similar last week with glitter card it's very effective.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
I bought both of the Art Deco alphabet dies at the NEC last Thursday and they are great so I might have a go at something similar this week.
ReplyDeleteI've loved the cards you've made with them and the colours are so good together. I love it.
Happy crafting.
D xx
Morning John, love this card especially the 'love u' part, we all love you so keep um coming.
ReplyDeleteStay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
This comment has been removed by the author.
DeleteHi John, a great card, and great idea. This die is brilliant. Bx
ReplyDeleteThis is a brilliant idea.
ReplyDeleteAnnette x
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteThank you a great card.
Take care and have fun Kitty.
Brilliant card
ReplyDeleteLovely card, very striking.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Good morning John this is a gorgeous card. It is such a clever idea. Have a great day today. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteHi John and crafters all,
ReplyDeleteLovely idea for this card. Cutting out in funky foam is a great idea for giving height to the letters. The colours are fantastic and very Valentine ish.
Hope you enjoyed your weekend!!
Love and crafty hugs to all,
Tina T xxxx
Great card John, love the idea of using funky foam.
ReplyDeleteMarion S x
Hi John
ReplyDeleteA great card.
B xx
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteStunning card, I did watch you demo this on Hochanda.
Great idea
Enjoy your day
Maggie
Certainly a card which stands out in the crowd, John!
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Fabulous idea John. The card is lovely. Xx
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteGreat card, I do love the letters.
Lydia
X
Lovely card John. I really enjoyed my day with you in Brighouse, first time, hopefully not the last. X
ReplyDeleteLove this, John.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
I really love this idea It works brilliantly The fact that the alphabet is in one piece is a bonus I'd rather waste a little bit of card than lose a die
ReplyDeleteI like this effect but would the effect be lost if the fall away pieces for the likes of B and D etc were put back in.... because my eye is drawn to the black spaces Then again I haven't seen it in real life
Saw this on the show and thought what an inventive design, wonderful John, xxx
ReplyDeleteMorning John, thank you for showing us three great ways to use the Alphabet Dies over the last couple of days. Great cards,
ReplyDeleteWendyx
Good Morning John, that is such a clever design John and I love how youve picked out the love u bit to. hugs Shirleyxxxxx
ReplyDeleteHi John. Think this card is such a great idea. SueL x
ReplyDeleteHi John, Great card, love the colours. Lovely idea for something a bit different. Love Rosemarie X
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteGreat card, love the bold colours.
Thanks for sharing,
Heather
Great card again today John. You could put all sorts of hidden messages or even names into a card like this. Fab idea.
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteI love those cards, they're so funky. I can see I'll have to get the alphabets, too.
Hugs, Rose
Morning John
ReplyDeleteGreat card, love the colours. I made a 'new home' card recently, for my step-son, using a similar technique, and he loved the card
June x
That's great and it looked really good when you did it on Hochanda and framed it in a box frame.
ReplyDeleteWow John what a stunning card, would never have thought of picking out the letters like that, you are clever!
ReplyDeleteGreat card John.
ReplyDeleteLove Valxxx
Lovely card john x brilliant idea to highlight the 'love you' x
ReplyDeleteTheresa w x
This Blog Amazing ADmin
ReplyDeleteThis is a fab card John, going to make this for hubby
ReplyDeletefor valentines day.
Always difficult to make them for him and this will be perfect.