Another sample from this weeks shows today however a little bit off a departure with something Clean and simple looking. I used the centres from the Pacific island collection to make this hexagonal design on the front.
I cut the largest hexagon form the Fiji shape into the ribbed white card ( an old Foundations card in white) I then placed a panel of cobalt blue behind it. I then cut the hexagon form the Bora Bora die into the blue card. I then placed a piece of the white ribbed card behind this and cut the centre die form the Tahiti die in the centre finishing with a final layer of the cobalt.
With the waste pieces from the first cuts I use the smaller hexagon die to cut a frame and mounted this onto the card fitting it with the original cart as shown.
A simple looking card with layers of depth made simply by the dies and pieces cut.
Enjoy...
Good morning John, loving today's card it is beautiful xx
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteFabulous card, very clean and simple. I'm very into hexagons at the moment and have made quite a few different ones but nothing quite like yours. Great.
Have a great day.
Happy crafting.
D xx
Hi john
ReplyDeletewhat a stunning card love the colours and the dies thank you tracyw x
Morning John, a fantastic card would make a great card for all the pesky guys in our
ReplyDeletelives.
Nancyd xx
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteThank you a brilliant card.
Take care and have fun Kitty.
Hi John
ReplyDeleteI saw this card on your show. I can now see it better close up.
I think it's just great,brilliant.
Jan
Morning John, I saw this on the show and fell in love with it, yes had to order the dies too. a brilliant man's card too.
ReplyDeleteStay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Fabulous card, nice clean lines.
ReplyDeleteAnnette x
Fantastic card John and as June Smith says would make a great mans card.
ReplyDeleteMarion S x
Morning John and crafters all,
ReplyDeleteLovely card,love the cobalt blue card.
Looks time consuming cutting all the hexagons but well worth it.
Love and crafty hugs to all,
Tina T xxxx
Great card, love the colours.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Good morning John this is a gorgeous card. I love the design. I remember seeing this one on TV. Have a great day today. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteHi John, it is certainly different, but great for a man card. love Rosemarie X
ReplyDeleteI know you are having a love affair with hexagons at present, nice card but I need flowers !!!!!!
ReplyDeleteMorning John, very art deco. Love the clean lines of this card, and the colour combination is great.
ReplyDeleteWendyx
Hi John
ReplyDeleteA lovely card. Brilliant thinking and crafting outside the box, just shows how we need to look at our dies for new ideas.
B xx
I love the clean lines on this card, John. Beautiful.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteStunning card, I love the crisp look of this very contemporary design and the colours really work beautifully.
Thanks for sharing,
Heather
Nice card John but not for me.Havent managed to watch shows yet, but looking forward to doing so. Joyce x
ReplyDeleteGood Morning John a fabulous male card and I love how youve used the design. hugs Shirleyxxx
ReplyDeleteLove the clean and simple look of this card John. Although stunning as a male card I am sure done in bright funky
ReplyDeletecolours it would make a lovely card for any teenager.
Happy day to all
Hugs
Helen
Hi John. Love this idea. I did try to do something similar once with some spellbinders dies but it was not very successful as the difference in the die sizes was too big. Great card for men.
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
Wow loving this card John, very striking and a bit of a retro look.
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteI love this card, and am saving all the bits from my cardmaking. Trouble is I've got more bits than I know what to do with. But after the Xmas panic is over, I shall set myself challenges and use them up.
Hugs, Rose
Hi John
ReplyDeleteI saw you demo this on TV and really liked the design plus it's ideal for the male population!
June x
Hello John,
ReplyDeleteA really striking card today! As you say CAS and very effective. Clever use of those Dies! Thank you.
Love Myra
A beautiful card John.
ReplyDeleteVery striking card John. Love it. Xx
ReplyDeleteA very striking card I love the drama of it and the colour of course
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteGreat CAS card.
Lydia
X
Hi John,
ReplyDeletesuper design card nd what lovely idea those lovely die cuts are..
Great colour choices too.
Lots of crafty regards. Jenny L.
Thank you John for a very clever and effective card.
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteAnother stunning card, and gave me an idea I might try cutting some fabric with some of these dies.
lookijg forward to seeing what you have for us tomorrow.
Maggie
Eh up John
ReplyDeleteAs others have said, this looked fab on the shows and would be a great card for the guys. Yay for zeitgeist! Must dig out my hexagons.
Ang x
Lovely card John. As others have said a great male card. Thank you.
ReplyDeleteWow John this is a little unuasual but i absolutely love it.
ReplyDeleteA fantastic male card and always looking for inspiration for those.