art deco
I thought I would share this demo card from jy shows with the indian ocean collection on Hochanda starting at 8pm next tuesday. I really felt that whilst dark this was the perfect deco style card the demo is planned for this card to nee made in the pearl card so tune in to see how this was made and in a different colour!
I started by cutting the indian ocean corner ( one of the 2 different corners in the set) into a piece of cocoa foundation card at each corner. I backed this with chestnutscard and adde players of kraft card and more cocoa and chestnut ( a real autumnal range)
Next I cut three of the corners with the outside die and backed these with craft card. I then made a frame of circles using the double pierced circles set A and B and placed the 4 corners around the frames. I find it amazing that the square corners work on a circle it really is art deco.
I cut 4 of the other corners in the set and backed these in chestnut, i mounted the four together into a square and added black pearl in the centre.
I mounted the square in the centre of the frame over a shaker section I made with acetate and nebula ice ( part of the glitter jewels range) This adds a shine to the card.
I know its a little dark but would work in any colour and makes a great mens card not a flower in sight!
Enjoy...
Good morning John today's card is beautiful xx
ReplyDeleteI love Art Deco and I love this card. Fabulous. Love the colours too.
ReplyDeleteHappy crafting.
D xx
Hi John, such a stunning card, love the colours, would be great on a male card. have a great day. Bx
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteVery clever,such an unusual colour combination but it suits the Art Deco look wonderfully. Love it
Jan
Morning John, wow lovely art deco card today, I bet this is very popular.
ReplyDeleteMy clips are due out today, if you hear screams you know who it is.
Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs June Smith xxx
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteA great card thank you.
take care and have fun Kitty.
Hi John and crafters all,
ReplyDeleteFANTASTICO that is this card. Love the colours you have used, this die set is very Art Deco in style.
Got a nephew's birthday coming up shortly so will be doing a variation of this.
Love and crafty hugs to all,
Tina T xxxx
Brilliant card John, love the art deco style and the colours you have used are amazing - I would never have thought of that! xx
ReplyDeleteStunning, look forward to your shows on Hochanda.
ReplyDeleteAnnette x
Morning John, a fabulous card excellent for all the males in our lives.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Stunning card-this is just perfect. Love it.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Hi John, I love this card, the colours are just right. Love Rosemarie X
ReplyDeleteLove the Art Deco style so your card is a definite winner.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
I love art deco, so that is just my kind of card. Really love it. I'll definitely be watching the show. xx
ReplyDeleteI have a friend who would love this, John. It's gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Hi John
ReplyDeleteWow, I wouldn't normally like that colourway but it looks fabulous on this card. How clever of you to use the corners on the circle. Stunning.
B xx
Love art deco and this is beautiful.
ReplyDeleteMany thanks,
Sue Mac
Stunning card John, love art deco. Marion S x
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteLove the art deco look you have created here, can almost hear the theme tune to Poirot!! Fabulous card, hope I can catch your shows.
Thanks for all the great inspiration,
Heather
Wow John, stunning card and very different. In these colours it makes a really manly card, something normally so hard to achieve with die cuts. I am loving the art deco look and hope to see more from you in this style
ReplyDeleteHappy day
Helen
Artwork and a history lesson. Thanks. Quite a masculine card today. SueL x
ReplyDeleteA great male card. Joyce xx
ReplyDeleteGood Morning John oh my its amazing how the wheel goes around this design is just fabulous for a male card and that person who loves all Art Deco things. hugs Shirleyxxxxx
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteI LOVE LOVE LOVE art deco and consequently I love, love, love your card. I'm imagining black and silver or black and gold..... lush!
Hugs, Rose
Morning John
ReplyDeleteJust love this card and it is an ideal male card
June x
Hi John. This die is so understated on the face of it but it is so versatile and I love what you have done with it here. It's true, it really does work well for male cards too especially with the colours you have chosen today.
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
Lovely man card John.
ReplyDeleteLove Valxxx
This is great John, we need more ideas for mens cards all the time.
ReplyDeleteAlthough dark, I still love it and think men would too.
Morning John, I'm not normally loving Art Deco, but I absolutely adore this card, the colours are sumptuous and your compilation is gorgeous, straight from the 'Roaring Twenties'.
ReplyDeleteLots of love from Patricia xx
hi John, not a particular fan of Art Deco but your card is very interesting and great colours, love from Jackie xx
ReplyDeleteWOW....STUNNING... LOVE IT!!!!!!XXXX
ReplyDeleteFantastic card john x great for the guys x
ReplyDeleteTheresa w x
Great card John, and I love the colour combination.
ReplyDeleteWendyx
Love Art Deco always have years and years thank you John the card is lovely
ReplyDeleteLove June horrocks xxxxxx
Eh up John
ReplyDeleteBrilliant deco look and would be a perfect guy card. Love the shades of brown too.
Ang x
Hi John this is a stunning card I love it. Those dies are amazing. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteEXQUISITE! Hi John, I usually don't like Art Deco but this card is so beautiful. I think with the colors it would make a great "man card"...thank you for sharing..I love it...
ReplyDeleteFantastic card John. Thank you for sharing.
ReplyDeleteWonderful card John,
ReplyDeleteMaria x
Stunning card John, I love it.
ReplyDeleteMaggie
John this is stunning, i absolutely love it.
ReplyDelete