Happy Sunday,
Today I am demonstrating the new range of dies by Sue Wilson for Creative Expressions at Dominoes crafts in wolverhampton, if you are in the area it would be fab to see you between 10am and 4pm!
Back to today's project and another demo from tomorrow nights launch show on Hochanda. This is a simple card just made using the Foundations pearl card range, Gilding polish and one die set ( how frugal is that?!?)
I stared by embossing a 5 x 7" piece of bronze pearl card using the new wintery frame embossing folder by Creative expressions. Next I simply gilded over the top using the enchanted gold gilding polish which changes the colour of the raised area to a rich white gold.
Next I cut the largest die from the snowflake filigree frame out of the centre towards the top. I then cut a vintage gold pearl mat for this and cut the second and third dies in the same set into this. I repeated the process with the final die in the set on a bronze layer and foam mounted all the layers together to give depth.
Next I tend a brown seam binding strip around the base and added a messy bow in the brown and a gold twine from my stash. I added a vintage gold and ball button form CE in the centre to hide the mess of the glue!
Finally I added layers of bronze and gold ( which wouldn't be needed if you want to turn this into batch cards and it would work in any colour combination.
back tomorrow with more samples its going to be a very heavy Christmas week!
Enjoy...
Good morning John today's card is lovely xx
ReplyDeleteHi John.
ReplyDeleteThank you a beautiful card.
Take care and have fun Kitty.
Hi John
ReplyDeleteVery classy,Beautiful.
Jan
Very classy card today John. Beautiful.
ReplyDeleteHope you have a good day in Wolverhampton.
Happy crafting.
D xx
Hi John and crafters all,
ReplyDeleteLovely card today John, the gilding polish over the embossed card looks ace.
Enjoy your demo day - you lucky people!!!
Love and crafty hugs,
Tina T xxxx
Morning John, a gorgeous card I managed to get some gilding polish at my craft
ReplyDeleteShop yesterday can't wait to play with them.
Nancyd x
Beautiful card John, very classy. Joyce x
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card.
Lydia
X
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteA beautiful classic card today.
Enjoy your demos
Maggie
What a beautiful card, John.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Another lovely card John. Had a great day on Julia's workshop yesterday.
ReplyDeleteHave fun in Wolverhampton at the demo.
Jan
Northampton
Hi John. Lovely card today. The gilding polish looks great over the embossing. Love Rosemarie X
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card John, especially like the gilding polish over the embossing. Marion S x
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteA lovely card. Have a great day demoing.
B xx
Eh up John
ReplyDeleteAt first glance, this doesn't look at all Christmassy so I think you could use for other occasions. It has a Victorian elegance about it, if that makes sense? Not mad for the dangly button thingys but otherwise an elegant, classy piece.
Safe travels in this deluge.
Ang c
Love this card John very special gift for a loved one have s good day
ReplyDeleteJune horrocks xxxxxx
Good Morning John that is such a gorgeous card today love the embossing folder and Im looking forward to your demos. hugs Shirleyxxxx
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card, really lovely.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Hi John, Just love this embossing folder. The die goes so well with it. A lovely card.
ReplyDeleteLove Valxxx
Beautiful card
ReplyDeleteGorgeous, love your colours. Have a good day at Dominoes.
ReplyDeleteSueL x
Stunning card John.My favourite so far.
ReplyDeletelooking forward to your shows on Hochanda
Jeanne L
Hi John your card is stunning. You are very busy again. Enjoy your day. I have some of the Ice White pearl foundation card to make birdcages for table favours for our daughter's wedding. It was just the right weight for this mammoth task. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteMorning John - lovely card today really rich in colour and texture.
ReplyDeleteWendyx
Fabulous card John Enjoy today and I'm looking fwd to tomorrow's show
ReplyDeletegorgeous card john, love it xx have a good time with your shows cant wait xxx
ReplyDeleteLovely card. I like the simplicity of this. I think this embossing folder is a must for batch card making.
ReplyDeleteT
Wow John. This really is a stunning card and I love the effect you have created with the really pretty embossing folder.
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
Fab cards this week John except Wednesdays green one, deffo not for me, sorry.
ReplyDeleteI,m home by the way!!!!! Talk soon, xxxx
Hi John
ReplyDeleteThis is a stunning card!
June x
card looks a million dollars /pounds /euros ,stunner ,Laura O
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card, love the really rich and opulent look.
Thanks for sharing,
Heather
John this card is a real stunner, i love the
ReplyDeletebronze pearl card with the enchanted gold gilding wax
detailing the pattern.
And that die goes so well with the detail.
I absolutely love this card.
Gorgeous card john x wish I could have attended your demo you are such a good teacher x
ReplyDeleteTheresa w x
Wonderful card John. Have fun in Wolverhampton.
ReplyDeleteMaria x
Gorgeous card John. Hope you have had a good day.
ReplyDelete