Happy Monday,
As I have such a fondness for Blue I thought it might make sense to have the occasional Blue Monday featuring a card with my favourite colours.
Todays card is also a snake peak for my shows next Tuesday on Hochanda where I will be premiering the recent die release from Sue Wilson for Creative Expressions. Todays card uses some of the dies I have on the show.
I stated by cutting the Indian Ocean collection border strip across the bottom of a piece of icicle pearl foundation card. I then used the outline die to cut just the bottom edge ( I will be demoing this technique on the shows next week) Next I matted this onto a piece off cobalt foundation card again using the outline die to cut the shape. Next I added a couple of strips of self adhesive pearls and mounted the panel onto an embossed background made using the pinpoint cross stitch embossing folder ( really one of my faves especially with the art deco Indian Ocean range)
I cut the Mauritius die in colblt using dies 1, 2 and 3 in the set in cobalt and backed with more of the icicle pearl card studding 3mm white pearls where they seemed to fit.
I made up a spare of cape daises by cutting them in cobalt card and softening the edges and adding shading using a mini smoothie and white clouds colour cloud blending ink ( this works really well for toning down colour and making things look more realistic)
I used the smaller centre die twice in the middle of each flower and added white microbeads in the very middle. Don't you just love the way these give a realistic centre! I added these to a bow made of tulle and leaves cut with the laced edged foliage die.
Finally a couple of stick pins a few layers of icicle and cobalt and finished. very Blue but also very me!
Enjoy...
Good morning John today's card is lovely xx
ReplyDeleteFabulous card today John. I love blue too.
ReplyDeleteD xx
Love everything about this card John. Superb. Joyce x
ReplyDeleteHi John.
ReplyDeleteWow another real beauty, Thank you.
Take care and have fun Kitty.
Hi John and crafters all,
ReplyDeleteStunning!!!!!!
Can't wait for the shows!!!!!!
Love and crafty hugs to all,
Tina T xxxxx
Another beautiful creation. Love the cobalt blue colour.
ReplyDeleteAnnette x
Hi John
ReplyDeleteAnother WOW card.
Jan
Morning John, a beautiful card and a fabulous colour I stil love these flowers.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Lovely flowers and a striking colour.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Gorgeous card, love everything about it. Looking forward to watching your shows.
ReplyDeleteMichele
stunning card john <3 <3
ReplyDeleteOh wow John this is such a beautiful card. I love everything about it. Those flowers are gorgeous. Have a great day. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteHi John, very lovely card today, love the flowers. Love Rosemarie X
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteA gorgeous card today, love the colour too.
Babysitting duties for us today we have 3 grandchildren here as it's half term, should be fun.
Enjoy your day
Maggie
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card, the flowers and the bow and stick pins make a beautiful accent, love it.
Thanks for sharing,
Heather
Great card, John. I love the Mauritius dies.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteLovely card, the cape daisies look gorgeous, will have to investigate the die.
Lydia
X
Beautiful John !!
ReplyDeleteLots of love from Patricia xx
Beautiful card John
ReplyDeleteMarion S x
Hi John
ReplyDeleteA gorgeous card, love cobalt blue and the flowers are stunning.
B xx
Morning John, am loving blue Monday, and a great card to start it off.
ReplyDeleteStay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Gorgeous, xxx
ReplyDeleteWhat s beautiful card John the blue and this die is stunning.
ReplyDeleteThank you love June horrocks xxxx
Lovely blue. Beautiful card and I love, love, love your flowers. I think Sue's cape daisies die has now overtaken her poppies die as my favourite flower die. SueL x
ReplyDeleteGood Morning John not sure about the snake peak, but wow thats one stunning card today love those flowers and your sentiment is beautiful. hugs Shirleyxxx
ReplyDeleteThank you John for a beautiful card - I love blue too !!
ReplyDeleteSue Mac
Thanks for blue Monday John. Beautiful card.
ReplyDeleteLove Valx
Hi John, lovely card and I quite like the colour combination
ReplyDeleteWendyx
Hello John,
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card! Sorry I've been missing but there has been an awful lot on just at the
moment! Love blue too!
Love Myra
And also very lovely, John. Looking forward to Tuesday....
ReplyDeleteHugs, Rose
Hi John
ReplyDeleteThis is a beautiful card and I love that shade of blue!
June x
You can make every Monday a Blue Monday as far as I'm concerned! because I love blue too. This is a beautiful card and look forward to seeing the shows xx
ReplyDeleteLovely card. I too like the shades of blue. The tip for toning down the blue is a very useful one. Time for another trip up the road for some white colour cloud me thinks!!!
ReplyDeleteT
Eh up John
ReplyDeleteThat's why I call you Little Boy Blue lol!
Brilliant card and love the florals.
I'm not keen on snakes either lol!
Ang x
Hi John. My favourite colours again today! I love all the new dies and I was particularly interested in the flowers. Now that I have seen how they turn out I have decided that I MUST have them.
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
John this is another stunning card, i love the words on it.
ReplyDeleteand the gorgeous colour.
and ooh those flowers are absolutely beautiful.
Gorgeous card John. Thank you for sharing this with us.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful! I really love those Indian Ocean dies.
ReplyDelete