Happy Friday,
Its back to Christmas fridays today as I have so many samples to show and so little time left lol, in fact it may be christmas weekends from now on!
Today's card is a sample I made for my last Festive dies hspows last week and a lady emailed me to ask if I could show this card in detail, happy to oblige but sorry can't remember who!
I cut the centre die from the poinsettia mini background die in icicle pearl card. I then added a backing of double sided adhesive sheet and covered the exposed adhesive with gold microbeads. Finally I added gold sparkle PVA dots in the centre of the flowers.
I repeated the above 3 times to make 3 panels and added these to a larger piece of the icicle pearl card matted with antique gold pearl card. I added the whole piece to a larger set of icicle and gold and tied a peice of silky crush ribbon in gold around the side.
I cut the two wreath die twice in white and gold and tucked it behind the ties on the ribbon. I cut one of the merry christmas perspectives die and added this across the front.
A few layers of icicle and gold and finished.
A modern card with a traditional twist.
Enjoy...
Good morning John today's card is lovely xx
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card today John. Love it.
ReplyDeleteHappy crafting.
D xx
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteA great card Thank you.
Take care and have fun Kitty.
Hi John, a gorgeous card, love the white and gold. Take care. Bx
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card today.
I really need to get some Christmas cards done.
Thanks for the inspiration
Maggie
Morning John, a gorgeous card love the way you have made a buckle with the wreath die love that idea.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Morning John, a brilliant card today, love it, especially the champagne ribbon which is amazing.
ReplyDeleteStay safe, healthy and happy, hugs June Smith xxxx
Very nice card John. Joyce x
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card-love it.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Good morning John and crafting all,
ReplyDeleteLovely card today John so simple to do but the effect is brilliant.
Love and crafty hugs to all,
Tina T xxxx
A gorgeous card, John. Love the way you have used the wreath and merry Christmas dies.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Hi John
ReplyDeleteA lovely card.
B xx
Pretty card John.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Good morning John this is a stunning Christmas card I love the design and the dies are amazing. Have a wonderful day today. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteI loved this card when you showed it on HOCHANDA I don't have this die (it's on my wish list But it's got me thinking about the other background dies ...
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card John. Marion S x
ReplyDeleteLove this design John, wasn't too keen on yesterdays though, sorry. xxx
ReplyDeleteGood Morning John a really clever design today, love the wreath and the background dies really create a lovely design. hugs Shirleyxxx
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card John.
ReplyDeleteAnnette x
That's lovely. The microbeads look really beautiful. Must try doing something like that. I have the gold ones but haven't used them yet!
ReplyDeleteWow John love the panels it's a beauty
ReplyDeleteLove June horrocks xxxx
Lovely card John, but I have cancelled Christmas this year, coming round too quickly lol. Love Rosemarie X
ReplyDeleteMorning John, I love the simplicity of this card and the colour combination is beautiful. Fantastic Card.
ReplyDeleteWendyx
Hi John
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card. Love it. I agree the simplicity of it says a lot.
Anne M xxxx
Hi John, I'm with Anne Mather. Beautiful.
ReplyDeleteThose micro beads are FABULOUS......
Hugs, Rose
Beautiful card John. Xx
ReplyDeleteHi John. Lovely card. I like very much what you've done with the ribbon. SueL x
ReplyDeleteJust looked again at yesterday's card as Wen said she didn't like it. In a different colour I think it would be stunning. I rather like the art deco look. Xx
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteLove today's cards haven't yet seem the gold micro beads. Have only used my other ones once, so must get them out and use.
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteGreat card, I adored yesterday's card too.
Lydia
X
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card, love the elegant look of this one.
Thanks for sharing,
Heather
Hi John. A really classy card today. The only thing I might suggest is to cut the sentiment in a different colour to make it stand out more against the busy background.
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
Beautiful card John. Thank you for all the details. Haven't got this die but have got other background dies. Have a good weekend
ReplyDeleteEh up John
ReplyDeleteSimple and elegant and the gold crush ribbon is divine.
Ang x
Agree with Mrs D above, a simple but elegant card.
ReplyDeleteT
John this is gorgeous and so very elegant.
ReplyDeleteThis is just pure luxury in a card.