I thought I would make a change and go with a blue card lol ok that's not much of a change for me to be honest lol but this is with purple and pixie powders so its a little different.
Today I am running my regular monthly workshop at Crafty Corner in Breedon Priory . Its going to be a day with the pixies in the Indian ocean lol a bit like today's card.
I stared by making a pixie powder background using m,midnight blue and purple violet mixed which gives this rich colour and the stunning mica shrine. I took a print from the water clout card with a piece of vellum which I used for the flowers.
I cut the detail and outline using the Mauritius die set form the watercolour pixie paper. I backed this with double sided adhesive and added white opaque microbeads over the top to fill the gaps. I cut another of the outlines using white card which I cut in half to make a drop shadow behind. I repeated the process with the other detail die in the set and foam mounted this in the centre.
Next I made a spare of the cape daisies ( I love these so much I have bought a second set!) in the velum, shaped them and added the centres in pair and microbeads in the very middle.
Finally I frames the card as shown and added matts a layers of amethyst and white and finished.
Enjoy...
Good morning John today's card is lovely xx
ReplyDeleteFabulous card today. Love the bright colours.
ReplyDeleteHappy crafting.
D xx
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteWow this is stunning, I love it.
Enjoy your day
Maggie
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteThank you a lovely creation.
Take care and have fun Kitty.
Fab card and lovely colours John.
ReplyDeleteAnnette x
Hi John and crafters all,
ReplyDeletePretty card today with the purple and blue pixie powders. Sounds complicated on ready through, so a demo would be nice.
Love and crafty hugs to all,
Tina T xxxx
Morning John, a gorgeous card.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Morning John
ReplyDeleteA lovely vibrant card
June x
Lovely card, very pretty.
ReplyDeleteMichele
The card is great with another very pretty flower spray. Enjoy your day.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Morning John, Beautiful !!
ReplyDeleteLots of love from Patricia xx
Beautiful card John.
ReplyDeleteMarion S x
Hi John
ReplyDeleteA lovely vibrant creation.
B xx
Hi John, a beautiful card, lovely colours to brighten a dull day. Take care. Bx
ReplyDeleteFab card John, love the colours. See you later. SueL x
ReplyDeleteLove the way you have used the micro beads on this card, John.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteLove the design, but it's a bit too bright for my taste, can see this is soft gentle colours.
Lydia
X
Gorgeous John. Love the colour! Xx
ReplyDeleteEh up John
ReplyDeleteA day with the Pixies eh? Is that what you're calling the Breedon gals now lol! And I'm guessing the mica shrine is where all good Pixies worship? You and predictive text lol!
Back to the card.......it does look quite vibrant but its purple so always a winner for me and very pretty florals.
Ang x
Hi John, this is one of the dies I bought a few weeks ago. Just love it and the card you've made today.
ReplyDeleteLove Valxxx
Good Morning John oh wow what a beautiful colour combo, the purple is striking as the design and layout is stunning. hugs Shirleyxxxxxxxx
ReplyDeleteHi John. My I pad is showing the card in a terrible colour that I am sure is not right, but aside from that I can see it is a lovely card. Have a great day. Love Rosemarie X
ReplyDeleteJust stunning John love it the pixi powers are brill such vibrant colours the die is beautiful
ReplyDeleteLove June horrocks xxxx
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteLove the vibrant colours and the Mauritius die is on my wishlist, the flowers are so beautiful too.
Have a great day and thanks for all the great inspiration,
Heather
Morning John, love the card and congratulations on being so daring and using another colour with your favourite blue - very impressed.
ReplyDeleteWendyx
Gorgeous colours, xxx
ReplyDeleteWOW, those pixie powders are fabulous. Fab card, John.
ReplyDeleteHugs, Rose
Afternoon John, wow very vibrant colours, those pixie powders certainly are a winner.
ReplyDeleteStay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Pixy powDers are lovely great card. Laura O
ReplyDeleteJohn this card is lovely. You can use purples and blues as much as you want, I love them . Joyce x
ReplyDeleteA lovely bright card john x very striking x
ReplyDeleteTheresa w x
Hi John. What a very pretty card today. I have really fallen in love with this new release of dies and, like you, I particularly love the cape daisies.
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
John this is another gorgeous pixie coloured card, absolutely love this one.
ReplyDeleteYou are definately an expert especially when it comes to gorgeous backgrounds with the powders.
I have still got to get my hands on them, too many other things take priority but i will get them.
Lovely card I ordered some Purple Violet PP today!
ReplyDeleteHi John this is a stunning card. I love the colour and the dies are gorgeous. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card John. Love the colours. Thank you for sharing.
ReplyDeleteHi John loving the shows today I'm learning so many new things from you. Lovely cards you make things seem so easy thank you
ReplyDelete