something different for today's post and a sneak peak of one of the demos I have prepped for next weeks shows on Hochanda which start at 8pm on Tuesday.
I cut the upper case Art Deco alphabet die twice across a square of pearl card. The best thing about this die is that the whole alphabet is on the one die meaning you don't need to choose which letters you want to use and cut them separately. This also means that you have a negative piece as I have used her.
Once I removed all the letters I added the square top a piece of double sided adhesive adhered to another piece of icicle pearl foundations card. Next I cut the font die again in ruby foundation card and selected the L O V E and U dies and placed them back into the corresponding sections. I then simply added Midnight snow to the exposed adhesive which gives a really bright yet dark shine.
I added layers of graphite, steel and Ruby pearl card and then simply mounted the piece into a box frame.
A different piece of wall art that, once the shows are over, will look great in my Craft Cave!
Enjoy...
Very different but I rather like it. Thanks John
ReplyDeleteHappy crafting.
D xx
Morning John, a very unusual card but a great idea
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
I love that! What a great idea. I have the lower case alphabet (I won it on Sue's blog). I probably will get the upper case ones too sometime.
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteI love this idea,would be great idea for teenagers.
Jan
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteThank you a great card.
Take care Kitty.
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteI love what you have made with the alphabet dies, a great idea.
Enjoy your day
Maggie
Hi John and crafters all,
ReplyDeleteThank you for this idea, need to do a birthday card for my 35 year old nephew so this type of card will work a treat.
Love and crafty hugs
Tina T xxxx
Hi John
ReplyDeleteA clever idea.
B xx
This looks great, John.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Morning John, great card, so different.
ReplyDeleteWendyx
Good morning John this is brilliant I love it. It will look amazing on the wall. You never did show any pictures of your new Craft Cave. Have a great day today. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteHello John, what a fab piece of artwork. Great idea. Have a great day. Bx
ReplyDeleteThis is great, very clever use if the alphabet dies.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Great card John, love it
ReplyDeleteMarion S x
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteLove your card, great for a man.
Lydia
x
Morning John, This is very effective !!
ReplyDeleteLots of love from Patricia xx
Hi John, this is a very different way of using the alphabet dies. A great idea.
ReplyDeleteLove Valxxx
Morning John, oh how lovely this card is and what a great way to emphasise 'LOVE U', brilliant, I will be watching on Tuesday.
ReplyDeleteStay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Morning John, a lovely piece of wall art, and of course makes a great card too. Just that little bit different. Love Rosemarie X
ReplyDeleteLove the card John I know a few people who would love this thank you
ReplyDeleteLove June horrocks xxxxx
Like this card, clever idea, good for a man's or teenagers card.
ReplyDeleteAnnette x
Good Morning John what a clever idea and youve done a brilliant job of creating a project for a little persons bedroom, and I love the colours to. hugs Shirleyxxxx
ReplyDeleteCertainly very different. Nice idea as to using this die.
ReplyDeleteT
A great teaching aid!
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Hello John,
ReplyDeleteI've been missing again but have been away for a few days! I still looked in and Pinned cards but just didn't comment! Today's card looks very interesting and I would never have thought of that! Looking forward to the Shows next week as I may actually be able to watch on TV!
Love Myra
Like this idea John. Thank you for sharing. Look forward to Tuesday.
ReplyDeleteFantastic way of using the alphabet dies john x its brilliant x
ReplyDeleteTheresa w x
Hi John. What a very clever idea. It reminds me of those old fashioned embroidery samplers but brought up to date!
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
Love it!! SueL x
ReplyDeleteEh up John
ReplyDeleteBrilliant way to use the die and what a great idea to frame it 😊
Ang x
Great idea I like dies that are in one piece - less chance of losing one if the letters I like the fact that some of the letters are on the wonk too
ReplyDeletePerfect little gift idea
Hi John
ReplyDeleteFantastic way to use this die and adding a frame is the icing on the cake!
June x