Happy Tuesday,
A peak at the new autumnal colours of Pixie Powders today which make this subtle yet shiny background.
I stared by spritzing watercolour card with water then added Burnt Orange, scattered straw and Aubergine dream pixie powders before adding more water. I the took a print form the watercolour card using a sheet of vellum.
I cut a larger panel of the scalloped trellis die by slotting the die back into place got make a large piece. Next I cut a frame using the stitched dies that come with the lattice using the largest and smallest in taupe foundation card and the 2 medium dies in the pixie powder papers. I then mounted the piece left from the frame behind the lattice.
I then cut the cape daisies in the coloured velum, shaped them with my ball tool and mounted them with centres cut fro the pixie powder paper. I added white microbeads in the centre of the flowers.
I stamped the sentiment from my autumns child stamp set onto a strip of the velum and cut not with the stitched flags die adding a white mat.
Finally I arranged the flowers around foliage made with a selection of the festive foliage dies ( I love dies that last all year)
Enjoy...
Good morning John today's card is lovely xx
ReplyDeleteLove it! Fantastic. Gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteHappy crafting.
D xx
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteIt is lovely Thank you.
take care and have fun Kitty.
Morning John, a gorgeous card today love the flowers spray.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Stunning card John, what glorious colours and blooms, marvellous design, love it all, Kate x
ReplyDeleteThe new pixie powders look great and I like vellum flowers xx
ReplyDeleteLove the new pixies, yum yum.
ReplyDeleteAnnette x
Like the colours of the new pixie powders. Card is lovely really like the flower spray. Joyce x
ReplyDeleteHaven't got any of the new pixie powders yet, what am I playing at? Off to Lake District for the day today so may be half asleep when I see you tomorrow. SueL x
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteLove this card and the new pixie powder colours.
I haven't got them yet, but plan to very soon.
Enjoy your day
Maggie
Great card, really lovely.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteGorgeous creation, so love the background on this and the trellis sets it off beautifully. Sorry I have not commented recently but I do look at your stunning creations, love them all Mr Lockwood lol!
Keep up the brilliant work John your creations are fabulous.
Love & Hugs
Jacquie J xxx
https://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/
Hi John and crafters all,
ReplyDeleteLovely card today John, like how you have used the scalloped frame dies.
The pixie powders autumnal shades look great. I really will have to get some Pixie powders to try all these techniques. Great idea using all flower dies and foliage to make a bouquet.
Love and crafty hugs to all,
Tina T xxxx
John ,Love the scalloped lattice die ,great card ,Laura O
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card, love the pixie powder frame and flowers, gorgeous colours.
Thanks for sharing,
Heather
Love the new pixie powder colurs, John. That flower flourish is amazing.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Hi John
ReplyDeleteA lovely card, the flowers are stunning.
B xx
Fab card John. The colours are great and the flowers gorgeous. Xxx
ReplyDeleteLovely flowers and foliage, John . The new pixie powder colours are beautiful.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Love the floral arrangement John, great card. Love Rosemarie X
ReplyDeleteLovely card John, loving the Pixies, xxx
ReplyDeleteMorning John, beautiful card today, reminds me of an autumn sun rise over the hills, gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteStay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Morning John
ReplyDeleteA very pretty card, the new Pixie Powders look gorgeous and I love the cape daisies. I think using vellum to make certain flowers really enhances the end result
June x
Beautiful card John, love the colours. Marion S x
ReplyDeleteGood Morning John yes you are so right its definitely a Autumn shaded card I do love the design and those flowers are gorgeous. hugs Shirleyxxxxx
ReplyDeleteStunning card John beautiful autum colours and brill flowers
ReplyDeleteLove June horrocks xxxxx
Stunning card John. Just love the new colours of Pixie Powders.
ReplyDeleteLove Valxxx
Morning John. This is just the sort of card that I like. Love the muted colours which look just a tiny bit vintage. I would have to say the Cape Daisy is now my favourite flower so I love the over-the-top spray in the corner.
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely fab card - LOVE that spray!
Hugs, Rose
What a gorgeous card. Love the colours!
ReplyDeleteHi John a great card, love the new Pixie Powder colours.
ReplyDeleteWendyx
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteLovely card, pretty colours.
Lydia
X
Lovely card john x the new colours look gorgeous x
ReplyDeleteTheresa w x
Hi John,
ReplyDeletesuch a very brilliant design card.
I love your pixie powder die cuts, and those gorgeous flowers.
Lots of crafty regards. Jenny L.
Love the new colours!!!
ReplyDeleteLove the new colours!!!
ReplyDeleteWOW! Love the card and these new Pixie Powders
ReplyDeleteHi John this is a stunning card I love the new colours. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteAnother wow from me too, those colours are gorgeous and so are the beautiful flowers.
ReplyDeleteThis is fab John.
Eh up John
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card in gorgeous tones. Maybe a darker colour for the sentiment but the florals look great.
Ang x
Love this card John and like the flowers. Must add those to my wish list. Thank you for sharing this.
ReplyDeleteLove this one John, and the colour is stunning. I already have the flowers on my wish list, and the same with Pixie powders - I cannot wait to try them.
ReplyDeleteHappy Day
Helen