Happy Saturday,
Firstly thanx for all the birthday wishes and cards! I have to say a big thank you to everyone and dont want to single anyone out but I received some beautiful handmade cards!!!
Back to today and a quick card made with pixie powders and just one finishing touches die.
I stared by making a striped background using gloss card which I coated in cosmic shimmer glossy glue, seal and glaze. Next I simply swiped pixie powders over the surface using midnight blue and peacock green. I moved the brush to stripe the other way making the tartnesque pattern.
I then adde the circle frame cut with the double pierced novels circles et A and B with the stitched flags in the centre with a sentiment form my flag sentiments clear set. I added a strip of pearls and finished with the new star flower cluster die with the centres cut in more pixie powdered paper.
enjoy...
Good morning John today's card is beautiful xx glad you had a lovely day yesterday xx
ReplyDeleteMorning John, a gorgeous card love how you have done the pixie powders with the tartanesque look. Happy belated John glad you had a nice day
ReplyDeleteNancyd x
Stunningly beautiful card John, colours are brilliant, love it and hope you enjoyed your birthday day, Kate x 😉
ReplyDeleteStunning card, I love the colours and the way you've created the background.
ReplyDeleteHappy crafting.
D xx
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteA lovely card thank you have fun Kitty.
Super card in lovely colours. Really like sentiment. Joyce x
ReplyDeleteMorning John and crafters all,
ReplyDeleteLovely card John, background is very unusual done in a tartan effect with Pixie powders.
Glad you had a good birthday yesterday.
Love and crafty hugs to all
Tina T xxxx
Hi john
ReplyDeletewhat a stunning card love the colours and the dies thank you tracyw x
Belated birthday wishes John xx
ReplyDeleteA very striking card I do like the pixie powders xx
Love the colour and pixie powder effect you have achieved.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Hi John
ReplyDeleteGreat card, love effect with pixie powders and the sentiment.
Jan
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteGlad you had a great day yesterday.
Love this card, the colours are fantastic. I need to get some glossy card and try this technique out.
Have a great day
Maggie
Gorgeous card
ReplyDeleteCarol
Hi John
ReplyDeleteI really like this card, gorgeous background, great colours, and the balance between simplicity and embellishment is fabulous.
Glad you had a good day yesterday.
B xx
Love the shades of colours John, . xxxx
ReplyDeleteGood morning John this is a stunning card. I love the background it is very effective. The dies are gorgeous too. I am pleased that you had a great day yesterday and that you got a little spoilt. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteLovely card.
Lydia
X
A lovely card and that background is really clever. Hope you'll be showing us how to do that on TV!
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely love the background on this card, John.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Hi John. Lovely card. The background is fantastic, I love pixie powders but I don't think they like me. I only seem to get splurges and not nice ones. Have a great day. Love Rosemarie X
ReplyDeleteHi John. Lovely card, great background. SueL x
ReplyDeleteGood morning John, todays card is gorgeous. Glad you had a lovely day yesterday. Marion S x
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card, love the background.
Thanks for sharing,
Heather
Good Morning John so glad to hear you thoroughly enjoyed your birthday, and I love your card today and that sentiment is just beautiful. hugs Shirleyxxx
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card John love the colours and the dies just great thank you
ReplyDeleteLove June horrocks xxxxxx
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteA fabulous card, I love it.
Hugs, Rose
Hi John
ReplyDeleteI love this card, especially the way you've created the background. Gorgeous colours and design
June x
Morning John, so pleased you had a wonderful birthday, you deserve it. Now today's card is stupendous, the pixie background is brilliant, wish I could do that, and the dies really do compliment the card perfectly as do the pearls.
ReplyDeleteOh and thanks for the wishes relayed by Gloria in Sidcup
Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Eh up John
ReplyDeleteFirst thing I thought when I saw this was tartan......is it the Lockers Clan lol?
The background looks amazing. Not been in the vicinity of pixie powders yet so you'll have to introduce me when I manage to get over.
Brilliant card and great colour choice.
Enjoy the sea air today.
Ang x
Glad you had a good birthday John. Love today's card. Been playing with Pixie Powders. Just love them.
ReplyDeleteLove Valxx
Hi John. I am really impressed with how you made the tartanesque paper using the pixie powders. This would work really well for those blokie cards that we all struggle with. Pleased to hear that you had a good birthday.
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
Glad you had a lovely day yesterday. Gorgeous card today and like the technique. Will try it. Thank you for sharing this.
ReplyDeleteGreat card John, love the tartan effect with the Pixie Powders will have to try this.
ReplyDeleteGlad you had a great day yesterday
Wendyx
Hello John ,
ReplyDeleteSorry was missing yesterday! Had migraine so didn't hear about your Birthday! Belated Birthday Wishes! Lovely card. Thank you!
Love Myra .
Have to say I looked at it and thought - tartan! Very clever!
Loving the colours... that background is gorgeous xxx
ReplyDeleteLoving the colours... that background is gorgeous xxx
ReplyDeleteOooh John! Happy Birthday Love the card and the tartan effect especially
ReplyDeleteHi John, Wow !! this technique is fabulous, a stunning card.
ReplyDeleteLots of love from Patricia xx
Firstly i am so sorry i missed your birthday so please accept a belated birthday wish from me and so sorry i didn't send you a card although not sure where i would have sent it to. lol
ReplyDeleteNow back to the gorgeous card, i absolutely love it and the colour of the background is absolutely beautiful
and everything else too.