I thought i would start sharing my demos and sample for the Hochanda shows next week featuring the final collection form this years Festive Die release by Sue Wilson.
Today's card uses the bright star adornment one off the festive configurations dies that are so flexible. Here I have used it for the background by simply cutting it 8 times into a square of rich red card.
I added a panel of white pearl card embossed with the Nordic tiles 8x8 embossing folder which I cut down using the pattern and covered in enchanted gold metallic gilding polish ( this will be on the show with a Christmas set incl red and the free green)
I then added a circle of card cut with the noble pierced circles set A and B to which I added the rose foliage and holly foliage form the Christmas rose die set. I added Phil Martin's vintage berry PVA dimensional glue as the berries and finished with the contemporary happy Christmas die .
a simplistic colour scheme but I feel the red and white sets of the beauty of the dies and really makes the background shine!
Enjoy...
Good morning John today's card is gorgeous xx
ReplyDeleteVery Christmasy feel to today's card, especially with the red and white colours. Gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteHappy crafting.
D xx
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteLove the card today it's great.
I need to get started on my Christmas cards, have only the ones I have made in craft workshops.
I've finished the album I've made for my friend so can go back to making the attic window quilt for one of my Daughters.
Look forward to seeing what you have to show us tomorrow
Maggie
Hi John
ReplyDeleteLove the look of this beautiful card.
Jan
A lovely card John x
ReplyDeleteI love this card John, I bet if looks stunning in real life.
ReplyDeleteAnnette x
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteA real beauty, Thank you.
Take care Kitty.
Morning John, a gorgeous card definately one for someone special.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Good morning John oh wow this is a stunning Christmas card it is absolutely gorgeous. I do love those dies. Have a wonderful day today. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteMorning John and crafters all,
ReplyDeleteWhat a stunning Christmas card, using traditional Christmas colours. My embossing folders and foliage set of dies came yesterday from Sue's shows on Hochanda also the pine cone decoration pack, and these would look great on this card.
Thanks for the inspiration!!!!
Love and crafty hugs
Tina T xxxx
Stunningly gorgeous John, love the colour combo and the leave wreath is so beautiful, Kate x
ReplyDeleteHi John. Now that is a stunning card, love the colours. Love Rosemarie x
ReplyDeleteMorning John
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card, love everything about it!
June x
Hi John
ReplyDeleteA gorgeous card, fabulous colours.
B xx
Stunning card John, love red and white.
ReplyDeleteMarion S x
Beautiful card John. Look forward to coming shows. Joyce x
ReplyDeleteWow a really stunning card today John. Love the style, the colour - well everything about this one.
ReplyDeleteHelen
That's beautiful. I love the red and white.
ReplyDeleteLove the red and white. Your wreath is stunning. SueL x
ReplyDeleteFabulous card John. Looking forward to your shows next week. When are you going to update your demo dates. Want to know if you're demoing up my way in the near future.
ReplyDeleteThis is a great card, John.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Very nice
ReplyDeleteCarol
Stunning card, love the colour combination. Looking forward to watching your shows.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Good Morning John wow oh wow that is truly stunning I do love the layers youve created with the embossing folder and dies. hugs Shirleyxxxx
ReplyDeleteEh up John
ReplyDeleteNot sure the thesaurus has a different word to describe how marvellous this is......so, I'll stick with marvellous lol! A real festive beaut.
Ang x
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteJust gorgeous love the red and white, I do prefer more traditional colours for Christmas.
Lydia
X
John this is a real wowser love it pure Christmas what a gift for some lucky person this Christmas
ReplyDeleteLove June horrocks xxxxx
That card is just so gorgeous x
ReplyDeleteHi John, fabulous card, love the way you've used the dies.
ReplyDeleteHugs, Rose
Really beautiful card John
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteLove this card and I hope you are able to demo this next week. I've set the recorder as usual.
stunning .... as usual xx
ReplyDeleteThis is beautiful.
ReplyDeleteThank you John,
Sue Mac
Absolutely stunning, John. A real showstopper.
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely stunning, John. A real showstopper.
ReplyDeleteFabulous Card John. Love the way you have used the Leaves from the Christmas Rose Die set to create a Wreath.
ReplyDeleteWendyx
Hi John. Love today's card. I think if I were to make something similar I would have to put some glitter on it somewhere though (a girl can never have too much sparkle)
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
Great card today I love the Christmas colours very bright and cheerful.
ReplyDeleteLovely card John. Looking forward to the shows.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Gorgeous card John,done all my Christmas Cards.xxx
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card John,done all my Christmas Cards.xxx
ReplyDeleteA wonderful card in white and red, I love it.
ReplyDeleteHave fun on Hochanda
Maria x
John this is stunning, i love the dies and the way you have used the star adornment as a background.
ReplyDeleteAnd the beautiful wreath.
I have just bought the star adornment and the nordic tile
embossing folder so i can have a go at making this beauty.
I absolutely love this card.
This is gorgeous I love the simple use of just two colours Can't wait to see the shows AND I bought the Christmas Rose die set at AP woo hoo!
ReplyDeleteLove this card colours and everything.Hope to see more on your blog thanks Stella
ReplyDeletehi john i have wrote your date down for hochanda but it also says create and craft are you on there as well.I watch you every time and you give some great tips met you once looking forward 1st of november
ReplyDeleteABSOLUTELY STUNNING! Out of all the Christmas Cards I have seen on you tube or Pinterest this is the most beautiful I have seen. I am going to try and recreate it..Thank you John..
ReplyDeleteI love your cards John,you are a very talented young man.
ReplyDeleteI know it is 5 1/2 mos after Christmas, but I wanted to tell you, I made this card for Christmas (2016) but put Merry Christmas for my American relatives..WHAT A HIT! Thank you so much, John...Victoria
ReplyDelete