Well yesterdays colour scheme certainly divided opinion didn't it! I must admit whilst its not my usual colour choice something about the card sings to me in real life.
Back to today and I suppose I should share with you all a more me card today however I still can't seem to get away from the brighter jewel tones, maybe it because Im working so hard own Christmas samples for my shows next week!
I stared, as I have for every card this week, with pixie powdered paper this time just in purple violet and midnight blue. I simply framed the background allowing the swirls of colour to display. I frames this using bright white and the double pierced background rectangles simply adding matts of amythesyt and cobalt to frame the piece.
Next I cut the Mauritius die in amythesyt foundation card and backed this with white. I then stamped the sentiment, in watering can archival ink, using an old set of mine called fern frames and sentiments, onto more of the background.
I then cut the cape daisies, one of my new fave flower dies, in the pixie powdered paper using the darkest parts for the petals and the paler shades for the centres. I simply added white microbeads in the centre and finished with a purple violet PVA dimensional glue pearl.
These were arranged as a cascade down the card with matching stick pins and a bow made form white seam binding coloured at the same time as the paper.
Yes it's bright but somehow I find it very atmospheric!
Enjoy...
Good morning John today's card is beautiful xx
ReplyDeleteStunning!
ReplyDeleteI love the pixie powder backgrounds.
Happy crafting.
D xx
Hi john
ReplyDeletewhat a stunning card love the colours and the dies thank you tracyw x
Morning John, a beautiful card must admit I'm more a blue and purple girl love these colours.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteAnother little beauty Thank you.
take care and have fun Kitty.
Absolutely stunning x
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely stunning x
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteStunning card,love the colours today these jewels colours are fab.
Jan
Very vibrant and stunning. I never thought if colouring ribbon with the pixie powders thanks John I will be doing that this weekend xx
ReplyDeleteHi John and crafters all,
ReplyDeleteStunning card today!!
Yes John this is more your colours.
Will have to get some pixie powders and the cape daisy flower die.
Looking forward to your next Hochanda shows.
Love and crafty hugs to all
Tina T xxxx
Love the colour of this card, can't wait for the Christmas shows.
ReplyDeleteAnnette x
Just love bright John. Beautiful card. Love the die and the flowers.
ReplyDeleteLove Valxxx
Good morning John this is a stunning card. I love design the dies are amazing. The colours are gorgeous. I do like bright colours. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteA beautiful card, love the purple jewel tones of the pixies.
B xx
Hi John, a very vibrant card today. I love the cape Daisy flowers. Love Rosemarie X
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card, love the colours and the Mauritius die is stunning.
Thanks for sharing,
Heather
Great colours, lovely card. Really like it.
ReplyDeleteGreat colours, lovely card. Really like it.
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card
ReplyDeleteCarol
What a gorgeous card. Love it!
ReplyDeleteI love the colours used for this lovely card John. Always have liked purples and blues. Joyce x
ReplyDeleteThis is lovely, John. I must admit that yesterday's was not my cup of tea. I am having a "play day" with friends next week and they want to have a go with Pixie powders.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
The brighter the better for me, especially at this time of year to brighten the days. With you on the cape daisies. SueL x
ReplyDeleteThat's lovely.
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteLove this card and the colours. I do like the bright colour cards.
Love the videos and they are very helpful when trying to figure out how to use the gilding polishes and colour clouds.
I managed to get some of the album done yesterday I am making for my friend.
Have a great day prepping for your shows.
Maggie
Good Morning John well todays colour choice is my favourite and it was my mums and my eldest daughters so its a win win situation for me. That card is just stunning and if would rock my boats if I was to own such a beauty. hugs Shirleyxxxx
ReplyDeleteWow love this one John I loved yesterday's too bright and majestic just imagine receiving this on your big day
ReplyDeleteThank you love June horrocks xxxxxx
Beautiful card, love the sentiment on it!
ReplyDeleteMichele
Todays card is gorgeous John. You have used my favourite colours and my favourite die of the moment - Mauritius.
ReplyDeleteLoving the videos. Marion S x
Morning John a great card for us today and I love the colour combination of this one.
ReplyDeleteWendyx
Eh up John
ReplyDeleteDivine colour and fabulous design. Love
it!
Ang x
Stunning card John, as was yesterday's!! Love them both. Xx
ReplyDeleteThis card is lovely and far more to my taste. I have lots of flower dies but I think these cape daisies will need to be added to the wish list, they are so pretty.
ReplyDeleteHelen
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteLovely card.
Lydia
X
Hi John
ReplyDeleteAnother gorgeous card today
June x
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteI like both the peacock green and the purple, but the green has the edge for me (personal choice).
The dies are all beautiful, as are the cards.
Hugs, Rose
I loved yesterday's green and love today's purple! I have always gone for the jewel colours which are by far my favourite. Beautiful card.
ReplyDeleteT
Hi John. For me, a much better colour choice today. Love the flowers too.
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
Now this one does SING to me! I know you prefer emails but just wanted to ask you've said Pixie paper today Is it paper or watercolour card.....?
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeletewhat a very beautiful card, and the colurs, and design are gorgeous.
I also like your colour and design of yesterdays also.
You don't see much in those shades, but they look lovely.
Lots of crafty regards. Jenny L.
Really like the colours today after the green yesterday. Great card.
ReplyDeleteabsolutely gorgeous and the colour is too.
ReplyDeleteLove the design and layout of this and always love your pixie powder backgrounds and i am sure yesterdays one looked better than on a screen.
Beautiful card today John and my favourite colour. Thank you.
ReplyDelete