Happy Saturday,
Join me today at Samuel tailors in Leeds if you around why not pop in and say hi!
I thought I would go for a Christmas weekend theme as I seem to have made so many Cards for the festive season this year!
This is an simple card that could be altered for any season.
I stared by adding silver moon sparkle texture paste through the snowflake mask onto gloss black foundation card. Next I removed the mask and sprinkled midnight blue and aqua lagoon pixie powders over the top. Once dry, which takes about an hour, I gently dusted off the excess powder using a soft brush. The powder only sticks where the texture paste is and because Sparkle Texture paste by Cosmic Shimmer is water based the pixie powders spread through the paste showing all the different colours.
Next I cut the layers in the snowflake filigree frame die form more black gloss card and backed wit with card I had coloured using the same pixie powders. I added a strip of seam bonding and bow made with white seam ending coloured again with the pixie powder ( I do
like things to match)
I finished with a pearl embellishment form the Craft Consortium always and forever range over the silver 4mm metallic linx pulled out to add some more sparkle A few layers of cobalt and aqua and finished.
A technique you could use through any mask to change the colour and texture of you Sparkle Texture pastes for any season or occasion!
Enjoy...
Good morning John today's card is lovely xx
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card today John. Love it.
ReplyDeleteHappy crafting.
D xx
Morning John, a gorgeous card and lovey colours, enjoy your day.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteA lovely card Thank you.
Have fun and take care Kitty.
Sparkle texture paste plus pixie powders makes a lovely combination - did this on a recent workshop with Julia. A lovely card, John.
ReplyDeleteHope you have a good day at Samuel Taylor's but a long drive for you. Lace for me today at ourLace day.
Jan
Northampton
Hi John and crafters all,
ReplyDeleteLovely card today, lots of textures going on.
Lucky people of Leeds - enjoy your workshop/demo at Samuel Taylor's.
Love and crafty hugs to all,
Tina T xxxx
Lovely card John. Have a good day in Leeds. Joyce x
ReplyDeleteA lovely card. The Sparkle Texture paste looks great with the Pixie Powders on top - lovely effect.
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteStunning card today, I love it.
Enjoy your workshop today.
Maggie
Great card , love the colours.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Hi John
ReplyDeleteA lovely card, love the pixied texture paste.
B xx
Beautiful card John, love the look of the texture paste with pixie powders
ReplyDeleteHave used this technique, John, but never on black. It is so effective.
ReplyDeleteJoining Jan shortly for a day of lacemaking.
Anne (Northampton)
Looks great John, have a good demo day, wish i was there, xxx
ReplyDeleteStunning card John
ReplyDeleteGreat card John, I love the gloss card, really makes it pop. Enjoy your day. Love Rosemarie X
ReplyDeleteEh up John
ReplyDeleteVery striking using the black so a fab contemporary twist for a festive make.
Have fun in Leeds. I bet its a craft treasure trove at ST's.
Ang x
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteLovely card, the snowflake background looks gorgeous against the black. Have a great day and thanks for sharing,
Heather
Good Morning John, that background is really effective by adding the pp. A gorgeous card for sure. hugs Shirleyxx
ReplyDeleteHi John. What a show stopper. Got to try the pixie powders on the texture paste. SueL x
ReplyDeleteHi John, a lovely card, the snowflakes with the texture paste and pixie powder are stunning, something to try. Have a great day. Bx
ReplyDeleteStunning card John love the black with the pixi powders
ReplyDeleteLove June horrocks xxxx
Lovely card, like the pixie colours.
ReplyDeleteAnnette x
Sue and yourself are definitely on the same channel today as your cards are so similar, and yet very different. Both very beautiful and stunning cards.
ReplyDeleteHappy day
Helen x
Good morning John this is a stunning Christmas card. I do love the design. Have a wonderful day today. I would love to be there. I thought we might be able to come to Birmingham but we still have the rabbits so it is a no go. Such a shame. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeletevery unusual colour combo for Xmas, but lovely card.
Hugs, Rose
Great card John. Wish I was at your demo day today as well. Have fun. Xx
ReplyDeleteHi John. A very pretty card again today. I really love snowflakes at Christmas.
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
Morning John, oh yes a lovely sparkling card today and I especially love the embellishment from Craft Consortium, they really are exceptional.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy yourself in Leeds today and sending special hugs.
Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Love the dramatic look of the card John
ReplyDeleteJune x
Great card John and I do love this colour combination.
ReplyDeleteWendyx
Great technique using the pixie powders to change the color/look of the texture paste. Thank you for sharing your techniques. Happy Halloween!
ReplyDeleteVery striking card John love from Jackie xx
ReplyDeleteA beautiful card. Julia introduced the texture paste/pixie powder technique to me a while back and, as you have shown, the effects can be absolutely stunning?
ReplyDeleteT
Stunning card John. Hope you have had a good day. Thank you for sharing the card.
ReplyDeleteI LOVE this background I really need a list of what can be done with PPs
ReplyDeleteLovely card John. Just love the snowflakes.
ReplyDeleteLove Valxxx
A beautiful card I love the background technique the pixie powders,are proving to be a great product xxx
ReplyDelete