Id love to say I am having a relaxing day today however you know me Id soon be bored lol! I'm at The Stables Card emporium in Habrough today demoing and partaking of the wonderful hospitality of Kim and her team. If you are in the area pop in and say hi!
Today's card is one of the pieces I will be showing today from Sue Wilson festive range of dies for Creative Expressions. I have a lot of demo cards to show from the shows Thursday and Friday and as the email to the studio wasn't running then a few to giveaway as well. I will start a Monday card giveaway form this Monday so watch out!
Back to today's card this is made using the ornate lavish noble die using the method I demoed on my first show on Thursday. For this one However I used the deboss section form the die to deboss the pattern and rubbed pewter gilding wax over to highlight it!
The poinsettias, cut with the classic poinsettia die, are made from snow fibre paper from Creative Expressions which I sprayed with the Phil Martin vintage berry ink spray mister to give the variegated look.
A simple sentiment , form my 12 days sentiments set, in the top corner in archival jet black along with some ivy dies cut in white finish this simple, yet stylish card!
Ingredients:
Creative Expressions Craft dies by Sue Wilson
noble lavish adorned
classic poinsettia
trailing ivy
Coconut white foundation card and snow fibre paper
Phill Martin vintage berry ink mister
12 days sentiment clear stamps.
Enjoy....
Hi John, such a wonderful card. It is so clean looking. I was thrilled today to be able to catch one of your shows on Hochanda via internet. The connection was not working well yesterday so wasn't able to see any shows. As I live in Canada, the internet is the only way I can view the shows. You did a marvellous demonstration and it is so nice that you aren't interrupted every few minutes as on C&C. Looking forward to the full internet service to be up and running as am not able to get any program scheduling at the moment. Thanks so much for sharing and have a great weekend.
ReplyDeleteLove it, xxx
ReplyDeleteMorning John, a fabulous card, loved your shows on Honchanda they were great as usual it was much better yesterday and they showed a couple of samples so Sue will be quite happy.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Lovely card John. ...enjoyed your shows on Hochanda you were great...!
ReplyDeleteLuv Rach :)
Eh up John
ReplyDeleteLove this one. It has a certain freshness to it having the flowers misted rather than solid colour.
The Hochanda experience certainly improved since the launch show as it was decidedly Acorn Antiques at the start hahaha!
Happy demoing!
Ang x
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteGood shows on the new channel. lovely card today take care have a good weekend. Kitty.
Hi John
ReplyDeleteLovely card today. I would just like to say that I enjoyed your show on Hochanda. You clearly know your stuff and given the time you do explain things clearly - thank you
Pat x
Lovely card John.
ReplyDeleteEnjoyed the shows yesterday, you seemed so relaxed and the lady presenter in the evening was brilliant and did not interrupt you so much. I missed the tip about the Sellotape (my daughter phoned to say you were on), look forward to more shows, enjoy the demo today.
Hugs
Hazel c uk
Hi John
ReplyDeletethis card is stunning thank you tracyw
What great demos again and such useful tips. Thank you. I even got a mention as I had emailed in - hope you saw contents of emails as they will all have been very complimentary about your work!
ReplyDeleteLove today's card.
Have a good day and hope you can relax tomorrow.
Jan
Northampton
Morning John, am loving todays card, it is gorgeous and the sentiment says it all.
ReplyDeleteI really have so enjoyed your shows on Hochanda, not been able to see the last 2 yesterday so I am hoping that they get repeated at some stage. I truly have learnt quite a few tricks from you over these past 2 days, it is amazing. Would you like to know of a tip that I do, I use the Grand Calibre and use both the A4 and the smaller plates, on the white cutting plates I keep one side only for white card and the other side for everything else, I find that in this way I never get any of the coloured card residue showing up on my white card stock - well I find this useful.
Have a great Saturday whatever you are doing, stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Hi John, great card today ,love the poinsettias. Was able to see a little bit of yesterday's shows via the Internet,you were great and looked very relaxed!
ReplyDeleteThe connection was a wee bit better but stopped often in between so hope it gets better soon as we don't want to miss out on anything!! Jane B.
Beautiful card John, have a great day,
ReplyDeleteXxRuth
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed all your shows yesterday,have also taped them to look back on.
This card is stunning. I must get the ornate noble dies new shapes. They are so good.
I'm hoping you will be back on with your stamps and that they soon sort our the glitches. Not happy with the membership didn't once see the symbol come up yesterday and I had the program on most of the day. One good thing is they are answering people's questions on Facebook and lots have said about the membership. I love the demos they aren't too interrupted by 'sales pitches' and the presenters seem genuinely interested in what is being demoed. At the moment I will stick to watching then buy from my regular stores I use, as long as they have the stock.
Hope you manage to have a rest some time over the Bank Holiday.
Trouble is you're getting too famous in the crafting world and in much demand 😊
Keep up the great work it's much appreciated
Maggie
Beautiful card john. Enjoy your demo day!
ReplyDeleteA beautiful card, John - love the poinsettias.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Morning John, This is truly beautiful, I love it !!
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your demo day.
Lots of love from Patricia xx
Hi John. A beautifil card today, I love the verigated effect of the poinsettias. Sorry I didn't manage to comment yesterday but I have watched some of yours shows and will catch up with the rest today. You did a great job, it was so good to be able to see you without all of the interruptions that C and C inflict on us. Thanks for all of the tips you give too. You are a busy man aren't you! Have a good day. Take care x
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely beautiful card, the poinsettias look stunning. Enjoyed the shows yesterday and you gave us such a lot of great tips. The colour cloud inks look amazing and think they have to go on my wishlist.
Thanks for all the inspiration,
Heather Treble
Beautiful John and I just love the poinsettias.
ReplyDeleteCan't believe I cant watch the shows. I feelvas though I'm really missing out as everyone seems to really like the new channel.
Love Val x
Good morning John a beautiful card just the sort of card I like. Enjoyed your evening show with Lee yesterday, super demos and tips love from Jackie xx
ReplyDeleteI am in love with this card John, it is so beautiful,calming and peaceful looking with a lovely sentiment.
ReplyDeleteLoving your shows and great tips , i will be trying the tape tip today, i think it will save me a lot of time and card .
Have a nice day .
Elaine H X
Gorgeous card, very pretty. I think Mrs Ducks comment about Acorn Antiques is perfect-it was but i'll bet no-one stopped watching as it was great to see someone "making" most of the time.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Another simple but stunning card John. Like everyone else I'm enjoying the Hochanda shows. You seen far less nervous and more confident than when on C&C.
ReplyDeleteGood morning John I love this Christmas card the sprayed poinsettias look stunning. I really enjoyed your shows on the new channel everyone seemed really happy to be there. I hope the demos go well today. I am looking forward to seeing you tomorrow at Pickwells. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteDid not see much of the new channel I'm afraid. Stunning card, love it.
Lydia
X
Stunning card John.
ReplyDeleteRosemary xx
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteYou Were Truly Fantastic On The New Hochanda Craft Channel, "Very At Ease And Confident" I Would Have Liked To Have Seen More Of Your Fabulous Samples On The Back Wall Which I'm Sure You Made Relating To The Relevant Dies, Etc:-
"The Creative Expression" Logo Could Have Been Hung At The Back Of Where You Were Working.
Also I'm Sure There Was Lots To Discuss In The Management Meetings Re:- What They Got Incorrect And How To Improve!!!! And So On!!!!
You Did A Truly "Tremendous Job" I'm Looking Forward To The Next Shows.
I Can Remember Create And Craft In The Early Days They Had There Hiccups And They Were Only On In The Mornings Then!!!!
Well Today's Card Is Just So Very Awesome And Very Beautiful I Just Love The Soft Colour Palette, And Those Magnificent Sprayed Poinsettias Fabulous Card
Thank You For Sharing
I Loved Your Felt Flower Which You Made On Hochanda I Can't Make Them Like Sue Or Julia So I'll Give Your Way A Try.
Have A Great Day I Hope You Meet Lots Of Wonderful People
Hugs From Sam x
Another lovely card. I love the poinsettias giving that splash of colour. I have caught up with all your shows now and thought you did a great job. I like the calmer feel to the shows, hope this continues. SueL x
ReplyDeleteA simply fabulous card John. I adore the poinsettias made with the snow fibre paper and the touch of ink misting to make them variegated. The sentiment is a lovely font and a perfect finishing touch. Pat x
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteGORGEOUS GORGEOUS card, love the misted poinsettia.
Watched all your shows yesterday, had some really useful tips...thank you!
Love Janet x
from Wakefield
Hello John, this card is fantastic, love the poinsettias. Have not caught up with all the recorded shows yet, but the ones I have watched were super. Thanks for all the great tips and techniques you shared. Take care. Bx
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card and they're MY colours, hurray....
Good shows on Hochanda, you've convinced me about the use of smoothies...
Excellent tip about "handles" for dies - I have no problems with lining them up but have found in the past it's not easy to get the same distance if I want to cut the frames out twice. This just does away with it altogether. Thanks for sharing all those tips..
Best wishes, Rose
Gorgeous card I must get these Pointsietta dies They seem to be everyone's staple at Christmas I love the effect you've created with them
ReplyDeleteI have to agree with everyone elses comments re the TV shows You were brilliant and they just need to iron out a few things Actually watching now and the sound is so much better Am disappointed re membership But it is early days YOU WERE FANTASTIC
Hiya John,
ReplyDeleteWhat a seasonal stunner-love the spray technique on the poinsettia, they are gorgeous. And how versatile are the noble dies, I love it!
Huge congrats on your fabulous demos yesterday, your tip with the tape to help positioning the dies was very useful. I agree, you seemed very relaxed and at ease in your surroundings, you are blossoming into a top notch demonstrator. I am not in the least bit surprised that you are in such demand, my only regret is that I live in Scotland and can't attend any of your workshops:-(
You are a constant source of inspiration, thanksxxxx
Enjoy your workshops.
Crafty hugs, Laine1972xxxxx
Hi John a gorgeous card really love this die.
ReplyDeleteI really enjoyed the shows I watched yesterday and it was nice to see you so relaxed and your demonstrations where great thankyou.
jeanie
hi john. brilliant card as always.
ReplyDeleteas others have said you were fantastic on hochanda yesterday!! proper crafting in proper demos on a channel that doesn't seem to do hard-sell which is uplifting itself! your confidence has blossomed wonderfully and you are a huge asset to the creative expressions team. well done young man!!
tony in brighton
What a lovely card .must get the poinsettia dies. Thank you for all your tips on Hochanda show loved all the shows.When are you back on.? Gloria (sidcup) xx
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely card .must get the poinsettia dies. Thank you for all your tips on Hochanda show loved all the shows.When are you back on.? Gloria (sidcup) xx
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeletesweet card and I like what you have done to
the poinsettias ,very nice !
Watched the shows and you are doing brilliantly,shame
not everything is working properly. Problems with the
sound ,it is a bit echoing but great the presenters let you
do your cards and give us some fab. tips and not yapping away
and try selling all the time. Have a good day,
hugs Maria x
hello John, your card today is beautiful, the dies are lovely and that bloom is stunning,Kate x
ReplyDeleteHello John, I am sad that I haven't been able to catch your show yet. (the time difference to the States). I am hoping to be able to see at least one of them on the reruns they seem to be showing this weekend. The sound, as someone else mentioned, is very echoey, but the show itself is interesting.
ReplyDeleteToday's card is gorgeous. I need to look into the snow fiber paper you mentioned.
Keep up the good work.
Shirley
Wow John this is stunning I love it the Poinsettia is amazing, I will really have to have these Noble Dies
ReplyDeleteWendyx
Hi John, love love love this card wowza!!!
ReplyDeleteHave a good one!!!
Loopy Lynda xxx
Hi John another stunning card today, love the poinsettias and the colouring on them.
ReplyDeleteLoved the shows yesterday and pleased you put this card on today as I missed the very first show.
I must get that noble die as it is the only one I have not got yet
lovely card John ,looks like the email is still not up and running on hochanda,Laura O
ReplyDeleteHi John stunning card that poinsettia looks fab I really need to be getting some of the snow fibre paper, caught up on your shows early hours this morning an I think you did a great job. Take Care Melody xxx
ReplyDeleteCannot get Hochanda, so don't know what's on their, I only live in Dorset...lovely card xxx
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card today. Love it!!!!
ReplyDeleteClassically beautiful! Gorgeous poinsettia and wonderfully designed card. Debra x
ReplyDeleteWhat a gorgeous card love it xxx
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteI'm in Spain and have only just hit my email back. Lovely card today. Love the delicate flowers you've made.
A beautiful card John. X
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card John and so little needed for such a beautiful card. Although I haven't got it some wonderful ideas using the Noble die "Thank you so much" for your inspiration xx
ReplyDeleteWow! What a fabulous card. I really love that!
ReplyDelete