Its time for the Creative Expressions design team project again (aren't the weeks flying by!) and we are using the Festive Collection from Sue Wilson for Creative Expressions. This month I am using the Snowflake background (the large one not the same as the small one from yesterday)
I started by die cutting the background using in Snow Fibre paper which gives a beautiful textural look. Next I die cur the smallest oval die that is included in the background set, whilst in the die I shaded the top using Adirondack snow cap white ink pad and a smoothie. I added hand drawn stars using a silver gel pen.
I mounted this piece in a frame cut form cobalt foundation card and added a wider frame cut in coconut white to give the piece some focus. I find that by framing your cards It gives some definition and shows us where to look!
To finish the card I added a few layers of cobalt and white to make a card blank and mounted the framed element on top. I finally added a couple of pearl sprays in the corners to highlight the image and finished.
Don't forget to pop over to the Creative Expressions design team blog to see what rest of the team have come up with. It would be nice if you could leave a comment over there as well by clicking HERE.
Ingredients:
Creative Expressions Craft Dies by Sue Wilson
Snowflake background
Winter Trees
Snow fibre paper
White ice glitter jewels
Adirondack snow cap ink pad
pearl swirls
Coconut white and Cobalt foundation card.
Enjoy...
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteThank you a lovely card. Take care Kitty.
Morning John, a beautiful card got the snow fibre paper but not used it yet this will be a good one to try it with and I love these trees.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Morning John, I'm loving this card, I agree with you about framing on a card, I tend to use frames on every card I make, like you say it draws the eye in. I love what you have done with the trees, they look gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteLots of love from Patricia xx
Morning John, oh how I love SW dies and you have created a really beautiful card using them, the blue and white go so well together, I love it.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy Wednesday, stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
love the blue and white design gorgeous card John.
ReplyDeleteHi John, lovely card, the white with the darker blue is stunning, your stars are fab, must try those. Have a great day. Bx
ReplyDeleteA lovely card that can quite easily be made smaller enjoy your day xx
ReplyDeleteStunning masterpiece today John
ReplyDeleteCarol
This card is just stunning John xx
ReplyDeleteFabulous card today-love everything about it!!!
ReplyDeleteMichele
Another beautiful card! The starry sky you've made looks so lovely as a backdrop for your sparkly trees. The framing on your card works brilliantly. Debra x
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful card - love how the trees are situated under a starry night sky.
ReplyDeleteI tried out my new stamps yesterday evening - they work perfectly and were good to water colour paint. Means I have made a start on Christmas cards.
Jan
Northampton
Good morning John this is a gorgeous Christmas card. I love the design the dies are beautiful. Have a great day today. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteLoving these Background dies , a beautiful card loving the starry background and your tree's look very wintery brrrr.
Elaine H X
A beautiful card, John. Love the trees.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Nrthampton)
Love the colour of this beautiful card John and the trees are gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteLove Val x
Oh John this is lovely a real winter scene. Love the stars
ReplyDeleteWendyx
Good morning John a real wintry evening sky with the cobalt blue highlighting the trees and stars you have added. Very nice love from Jackie xx
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card John, you have recreated a spectacular Winters night. Delightful! Linda
ReplyDeleteHi John, love this card it really looks like winter! The trees are very pretty too .Take care Jane B.
ReplyDeleteEh up John
ReplyDeleteBeautiful frosty look on this gorgeous card. The cobalt card is striking.
Have a great day.
Ang x
Fabulous card. Intrigued by this snow fibre paper. The cobalt and white combined are really striking.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful I hope there'll be some of the Snow fibre paper at AP next month because ai'd like to see it in real life
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card today John as always. I haven't tried the snow fibre paper yet, but will give this card a go. I love the cobalt blue as well. Need to get the tree dies and the blue card.
ReplyDeleteYou are a great inspiration
Thanks
Maggie
Hello John
ReplyDeletelove this card, it looks super and blue is very Christmassy.
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteA very striking card, love it.
Lydia
X
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteA beautiful card, I love the cobalt and white combination and the whole thing is so elegant.
Thanks for sharing,
Heather Treble
HibJohn
ReplyDeleteAnother stunning card today. Love the colbalt and White together. A simply brilliant card.
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteYour Card This Morning Is Truly Tremendous I Just Love The Outstanding Colour Palette And All Products You've Used Your Extremely Talented.
John Thanks For Sharing Your Rich Opulent Card With Us, I Appreciate All That You Do.
Hugs From Sam x
Beautiful card John. Love the die and colours.
ReplyDeleteHi John, love this card, my favourite colour for christmas, love the trees must get this die, oh dear my poor bank account!
ReplyDeleteRegards Carol x
Hi John,
ReplyDeletewhat a superb and gorgeously stunning card today.
I love your colour choices.
I have just managed to watch your C&C programs that I recorded, and thank you for all those wonderful tips you gave us on it.
I will find them very handy.
Crafty Regards. Jenny L.
Stunning card John, loved your programme on create and craft and your wonderful stamps
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteLove this card so Christmassy - would love it on my fireplace
absolutely stunning
Hugs
Carol x
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteWow stunning card, love the colour of the card and I love those cute trees, just beautiful.
Love & hugs
Jacquie J xxx
http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/
Good Morning John,
ReplyDeleteI absolutely love this card. My favorite color! It is stunning. Thank you for sharing.
Shirley
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteIt's a beautiful card - I love those trees and the background die is stunning.
Best wishes, Rose
Lovely card again John. xx
ReplyDeleteStunning cardJohn. Love it.
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteStunning card , love the colour combo, really striking!
Love Janet x
from Wakefield
Oh wow wow wow I really love this one too and you have just given me the inspiration to make a card for a friends mum.
ReplyDeleteI was stuck for ideas then this pops up and I thought thats the one.
I really love the cobalt blue on this as it shows the beautiful background perfectly
and I have some of the lovely snow paper.
Thank you John you have saved the day
WOW, this card is getting my attention - so lovely! John, you have captured the beauty of a cold snowy winter evening in this card. Thank you for sharing. This card has given me a wonderful idea for a card for this Christmas.
ReplyDeletethis is such a stunning card, beautiful John.....luv Ursula xx
ReplyDeleteHi John, I just love it!!! This is my cup of coffee : ) I don't like tea!!!
ReplyDeleteHave a good one!!!
Loopy Lynda xxx
Lovely card John especially being made with the cobalt blue, very striking. SueL x
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card John, I love the cobalt. Pat x
ReplyDeleteHi Joh, this is a very nice looking card the blue looks great. Take Care Melody xxx
ReplyDeleteLove this striking blue and white card! Gorgeous card!
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteBlue + snowflakes. I love it!
Hugs, T x
Only just seen this card .... it's stunning!
ReplyDeleteRosemary x
Lovely card John x
ReplyDeleteGorgeous! I love the trees xxx
ReplyDeleteAnother very pretty card!
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely gorgeous, I love this card. I have this die, so I'm going to give it a go.
Hi John Fab card, really lie this background. AliJ
ReplyDelete