I am demoing at Jula Crafts in Consett, county Durham today from 10am to 4pm then its a quick dash home as I'm demoing from 11 till 2pm at Stoneleigh show! I thought you might like to see one of the cards I will be demoing today.
There are various techniques in this one so its great to show different card making skills.
I cut all the layers in the mini Christmas background in black foundation card and rubbed golden light gilding wax all over the pieces. I mounted onto double sided adhesive sheet and added diamond sprinkles in the 'gaps'. next I layered them using foam tape to add dimension.
The strip along the middle is made with black foundation card and Sue Wilson's paper grouting technique with warm gold sparkle texture paste. I added a couple of the snowflake borders, again rubbed with the gilding wax, and a strip of gold / silver reverseable ribbon.I finished with a few layers of black and gold and a festive card, in alternate colours, is finished.
Ingredients:
Creative Expressions Craft die by Sue Wilson
Mini Christmas scene
Snowflake corner, border and tags
vintage gold and black foundation card
Golden light gilding wax
diamond sprinkles
Frosty swirls sparkle texture paste
Enjoy...


Hi John.
ReplyDeleteA lovely card Thank you. Have fun and take care Kitty.
Hi John,
ReplyDeletestunningly beautiful card today.
Love, Love, Love, it.
Wonderfully designed as always.
Have a wonderful busy weekend.
Crafty Regards. Jenny L.
Wow, such a beautiful card....I love it.
ReplyDeleteReally elegant.
Beautifully ornate, with the wide background treatment to set off the main feature! You are one busy guy these days, what a change from Spain!
ReplyDeleteMorning John, a fab. Card and love the unusual colours for Christmas very different you take care driving between your demo's and enjoy yourself.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Eh up John
ReplyDeleteUsed the snowflake border myself for the first time Thursday and its a fab die. You know I love black and gold.It looks luxurious and elegant as does your card.
Safe travels.
Ang x
Good morning John, very nice!!!
ReplyDeleteHave a safe journey and enjoy the weekend!!!
Have a good one!!!
Loopy Lynda xxx
Hi John, A stunningly beautiful card today and a superb design !! Love it . Take care Jane B.
ReplyDeleteI haven't used my snowflake border yet so this has given me an idea to start off with.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Morning John, oh this is a stunner today, love it, got to try it.
ReplyDeleteStay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteA stunning card, love the combination with the paper grouping it looks so rich. Hope you have safe journeys over the weekend and thanks for sharing,
Heather Treble
Morning John,
ReplyDelete"WOW" Your Card Today Is Just So Very Beautiful, It's "Exquisite" I Just Love The Fabulous Black Foundation Card You've Used And I Must Say I Really Love How You've Added The Gold Gilding Wax Giving It That Rich, Extremely Opulent Look, I Really Love The Mixture Of Truly Beautiful Dies "Mini Christmas Background"
"Snowflake Border" It's Truly Stunning I Love It So Very Much.
Thanks For Sharing John
Have A Great Day
Hugs From Sam x
Lovely card-very striking colours.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteVery dramatic! Your card this morning is a complete contrast from Sue's, I love it.!
Lorna D
Hello John, very striking card today, like everything. Have a great weekend, you certainly are going to be busy. Bx
ReplyDeleteGood morning John this is a gorgeous Christmas card it will make a fantastic demo. It sounds like you have a very busy weekend ahead. Have fun. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteSorry this one is a bit too busy for me.
Lydia
X
A very busy card John, love the black with gold .
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your weekend.
Elaine H X
This is a stunner John, best yet !!!!!1
ReplyDeleteYou are a busy bee. xxxx
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteLuxurious and rich looking card today in stunning black and gold!
Love Janet x
from Wakefield
Good morning John looks a very busy card but then it suits it's creator, do you ever sit still? Safe travels. Love from Jackie
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteLove the card and the colours you have chosen.
Hope you manage to get some time off over the weekend, you seem to be working non stop.
Maggie
Hi John
ReplyDeleteMy word you do keep on the go don't you. Another stunning card today. I love the colour combination you've used on this card. The Gilding wax gives it a Bronzeed look.
Stunning card John, love this one, so beautiful and rich looking.
ReplyDeleteLove & hugs
Happy crafting
Jacquie J xxx
http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/
Oh my goodness, how gorgeous is this! One of the absolute top ten Christmas cards ever! Love it!
ReplyDeleteSuch a beautiful card. Absolutely gorgeous. Two thumbs up!!
ReplyDeleteWish I was there to see you demoing some of these masterpieces John, they are lovely....luv Ursula xx
ReplyDeleteHi John, a lovely card and great colour combination, but just a bit to busy for me.
ReplyDeleteDrive carefully
Wendyx
Looks amazing gilded Great combo - black and gold
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteReally classy card. Black and gold are a stunning combo.
Hugs
T x
Hi John really elegance look to this card its stunning. Take Care Melody xxx
ReplyDelete