Happy Monday,
As I am launching my 12 Days of Christmas stamp and paper ranges on Create and Craft on Thursday I thought that gave me the perfect excuse to show some more of the samples in detail. AS I made quite a few and only showed them with the stamp reveal I am posting 2 a day this week! Also I will be giving away a set of the stamps as well as one of the Brand new Exclusive background stamps on Saturdays post. All you have to do to be in the draw is comment each day Monday to fir day telling me which is your favourite card each day ad I will draw a winner on Saturday!
This was one of the most popular cards form the launch so i thought i would start with this one and take you through it!
I stared by stamping the branch that's on the partridge set randomly on a square of card using jet black arrival. Next I stamped the main element and mounted it onto a thin black mat. I foam mounted this over the foliage square with from tape, added a larger black square and a row of adhesive pearl strip (it comes as a double but I cut it down the middle so I get more out of it!
Next i cut 4 of the snowflake border in black and rubbed pearl moon gilding wax all over them, I then polished it off with a dry wet wipe. I repeated this on 4 of the corners form the same set and attached the corners to a 18x18cm square. I cut the end snowflake off each side of the borders and mounted them to make a square frame around the stamped image. A couple of layers of the black and white and a large card is finished.
With the next card I wanted to show the difference with the same image however this time I have used one of the toppers from the paper pack in the red.
I simply cut one of the toppers form the pack (you get at least 2 of each of the images in both colours and 8 of the partridge one, again in each colour) and mounted it onto layers of red and white foundation card. I cut one of the borders that reads My true love sent to me and layered this with more red and white. The card is made of simply trimming one of the backing pages down a little to add it to a 21 x 21cm square card with layers of red and white again. I foam mounted the border to the left and then added a strip of the cosmic ribbon (i believe Julia has this in stock) down the side.
Finally I added the main element, again with foam tape, in the centre of the card and added a small bow under this with one of the silver dazzlers.
to win a set of the stamps and one of the backgrounds simply leave a comment saying which is your favourite of the two options each day!
Enjoy...
Morning John, now you have given us a teaser today, how can you honestly ask us to choose which is our favourite card , I love, love, love both of them, the stamps are fantastic, what depth and detail in them and the new Christmas papers, oh I hope you have them at Ally Pally. looking forward to Thursday show as well. I can honestly say that today these are my favourite ones.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy Monday everyone, stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
I love both these cards but the red is my favourite. Still haven't managed to get hold of the papers (all sold out!) but I'll keep trying! Looking forward to an exciting week!
ReplyDeleteMaggie B xx
I have John's paper pad in stock Marion here http://www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk/8-x-8-Paper-Pad-12-Days-of-Christmas-p/jlpp0001.htm
DeleteHi John.
ReplyDeleteThank you Both are Brilliant take care Kitty.
Morning John, two glorious cards love them both but the red is very striking. Looking forward to Thursday to see on C&C again.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteI Love Both Of Your Magnificent Cards Thank You So Very Much For Sharing, I Must Admit I Love The First Card The Dark One I Think It Looks So Very Rich And Regal.
Hugs From Sam
It's hard to choose which card is my favourite as I like them both but as I have to choose the it would be the red one.
ReplyDeleteI will set the shows on Thursday to record xxx
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteHow exciting! Looking forward to Thursday, and I can't wait to see all your wonderful samples.
Your partridge and a pear tree is gorgeous, and it looks great in both these cards.
Lorna D
Both cards are great but my favourite is the red one. Looking forward to the show on Thursday.
ReplyDeleteCarol B
Love both the cards John but the second red one just edges it for me.
ReplyDeleteYour stamps are fab, love them,
XxxRuth
Two brilliant cards, I think I prefer the second card which is most odd as red isn't usually my favourite colour . Looking forward to the shows on Thursday.
ReplyDeleteMichele
HI John I love them all but if I had to choose it would be first one but then I do like the red one .Gloria (Sidcup ) xx
ReplyDeleteGood morning John both of the cards are gorgeous and I love the new stamps and papers. If I had to choose between them it would be the first one. Have a great day today. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteHi John, Two stunning cards ! Great design too. So you really want us to choose?! Well than the black one first , second the red one!!ha ha.Take care Jane B.
ReplyDeleteMorning John, two lovely cards to start the day, I am so glad that you are going to give us the instructions for the remaining cards and look forward to seeing the rest. I think the red one is my first choice as its a bit brighter. Looking forward to Thursday
ReplyDeleteWendyx
Morning John, Two fabulous cards, the stamps are beautiful. My favourite is number one, I love, love, love, the background, it looks very 'ethereal' and 'magical' and that really appeals to me, very, very, effective.
ReplyDeleteThank you for the chance to win, my fingers are well and truly crossed !!
Lots of love from Patricia xx
Eh up John
ReplyDeleteBoth are Christmas crackers (boom boom) but I would have to go for the black and white go the elegance factor.
Hope you've recovered from yesterday.
Ang x
Two gorgeous cards John! I love the black card the best as the stamping stands out beautifully as is different from the traditional colours of Christmas cards which I love. Debra x
ReplyDeleteI am going with the black one, John.
ReplyDeleteGood to see you again yesterday. I have to wait to play with my Cloud paints as they are a birthday present. They look great.
Black one is my favourite......not a colour you'd normally see at Christmas!
ReplyDeleteAlthough both cards are lovely and perhaps it's because we're basking in sunshine I prefer the red one The black just feels a bit dismal
ReplyDeleteHi John. Lovely to see you again yesterday. Very difficult decision, but as I love red I will have to say the second one. SueL x
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteI'd have to choose the red card as it's more traditional colour, although the black one is very elegant. Looking forward to your show on Thursday.
Christine (Andypandy) x
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteTwo beautiful card, love this stamp set its gorgeous. If I had yo choose I think it would be the first one even though I would normally go for the traditional colours.
Keeping my fingers crossed.
Lydia
X
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteI love all your stamps and the paper pack is gorgeous too.
As much as I love the red card, I think my favourite of these two cards is the black one itt just stands out on its own if you know what I mean.
I must remember to tape your shows in case I miss anything.
Maggie in Solihull
Good morning John, I choose both!!! They're lovely!!! Hope you had a great time yesterday!!!
ReplyDeleteGood luck everyone!!!
Have a good one!!!
Loopy Lynda xxx
Black And white for me but both stunning. xxxx
ReplyDeleteI love both of your cards John, but the red one is my favourite. Thank you for all your inspiration you give us 👍
ReplyDeleteLovely cards John. Its very hard to choose between them but think I like the red...only just!
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteTwo stunning cards but I have to go with the Black one, the snowflake boarders make it look so elegant and a bit lacy looking.
Love & hugs
Jacquie J xxx
http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteBeautiful cards, my favourite is the first one as I just love the monochrome look. Fingers crossed for the draw.
Thanks for sharing,
Heather Treble
Good morning John, very generous of you to offer such a super prize - my choice today is the red card. I loved how you gave the partridge a snowflake top Knot!
ReplyDeleteHi John, I love them all! They are sensational and I'm really looking forward to your launch on Thursday. If I have to choose it will have to the first one, it's beautiful xxx
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely fab again john. I love how you've shown the different colour ways of the same card. I'm all set up to record Thursday. Very excited x
ReplyDeleteMy fav is the red cards. Will be wathcin gon Thursday John. Crafty rEgards Julie Kay xxx
ReplyDeleteRed is my favorite colour, so I guess the red on here, although both are lovely..x
ReplyDeleteThey are both gorgeous and it is so difficult to pick one because I love them both.
ReplyDeleteBut I think I would go for the first one because I would always avoid a black background for christmas but you have shown you can use black and still
have a stunning festive card.
Hi John
ReplyDeleteThis is so hard to choose which one will be a favourite. I actually love both of them. However, although I love the Red card the Black one just pips it for me. I'm loving the stamps and the new papers.
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteboth options are equally beautiful, thanks for sharing.
Best wishes, Ros
Thank you for the prize. I love them both but the red pips it.
ReplyDeleteLove both cards. since have to make a choice, I prefer the first one( black card). It's unusual both in colour and style for a Christmas card.
ReplyDeleteThey are stunning cards and would find it very difficult to choose but im a red girl so whould have to say red absolutely gorgeous luv it xx
ReplyDeleteI also love both, but if I have to choose it would be the black!!
ReplyDeletexx
Good morning John. My choice would be the first one. I would have never thought of black for a Christmas card but it is just stunning. Love how you did the snowflake borders and the stamp is just exceptional.
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteOh how can you ask us to choose, I love them both !
ok I will try, the red one ! Like the papers as well.
hugs Maria xx
I like the red one would be great to win one of your stamps since I don't think I will
ReplyDeletebe able to get on unless you sell them in the states.
Joan, my apologies for emailing you like this but create and craft do send out abroad as well so perhaps if you aren't lucky you might give their website a go, just an idea flower as i know what it is like to see something and then find you can't get it in your country.
DeleteTake care flower
Norah (Glenochil Village, Scotland)
Good afternoon John,
ReplyDeleteWell if really have to pick it would need to be the red card that i went for as it is my favourite colour and the lovely papers that have been designed to accompany your stamps are just a match made in heaven. Off course slightly the red and white one that i spy lying down is pretttyyyyy, as i like the various layers that i can see with the white just being interposed with the dash of red of the layers. THank you John for being as kind to put a set up for grabs.
Crafty hugs
Norah (Glenochil)
I just discovered your blog, from Sue's blog. Wow, the cards you do are great. This stamp set seems quite versatile. You have to love when you can stretch it out for different designs. Great job. I really like both cards, but the black on is stunning!
ReplyDeleteI like both cards but my favourite is the first one. Wish I had your skill for coming up with new ideas.
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteBoth lovely cards but my favourite has to be the red as I adore the background paper with the numbers on. GORGEOUS!
Love Janet x
from Wakefield
Good morning, John, from across the pond.
ReplyDeleteBoth are lovely cards, but my favorite is the red & white with the words & numbers for the 12 days of Christmas background. Unusual for me as I am a die-hard die fan! Lol
Hi John, Both cards are really lovely but I think the first one just pips the red and white which I am so surprised as I always use traditional Christmas colours!
ReplyDeleteChris A.
Hi there John well what a dilemma both cards are eyecatching in different ways the first is quite dramatic and the red so cheery. On balance I think the black is my choice love from Jackie xx
ReplyDeleteHello John, two awesome cards, love being both, but I have to say the first one is my favourite, the border/background is amazing. Looking forward to all the samples, and I hope i can catch the shows on Thursday. Take care. Bx
ReplyDeleteAmazing cards John - I'm really looking forward to your shows on Thursday. The first one is my favourite because of the way you have done the beautiful border. Pat x
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeletelove both cards so very much, but I must say the black just pipped the post for me today.
What superb designing and creating yet again.
Crafty Regards. Jenny L.
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteLove all your cards. Thank you for sharing them with all of us. I found it hard to pick but I think I like the black and white one best. Not my first choice for Christmas colors but what you have done with it shows a different way.
Hi John
ReplyDeleteTwo stunning cards! ( and some more if you look at the extra cards beside the red one! My favourite has to be the first one! A striking colourway and so unusual. You will be spoiling us with two cards a day. Best wishes, Anne O
Hi John, I really love the 1st card best the black an white one I love all the dies you used an your stamps look great. Take Care Melody xxx
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteTwo very different but equally stunning cards, my favourite though is the black and white one. I'm looking forward to Thursday very much, sky plus set and ready to record!
Hugs, T x
Stunning cards as usual. You make it look so easy.
ReplyDeleteBoth gorgeous cards as usual John, favourite is the black and white one. Xxx
ReplyDeleteBoth are gorgeous but I think I like the red one better because the color is more Christmassy.
ReplyDeleteThe black and white one is my favourite - it's really stunning !
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Rose
xx
The black and white one is my favourite - love the contrast.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
A real teaser as both these cards are stunning, but am going for the Red one as it's my favourite colour. Take care, Linda.
ReplyDeleteH John. Lovely cards today. Like several others I have to say that the first one, the black/white one, is my favourite, which is unusual as I too normally go for the more traditional Christmas colours! I am looking forward to Thursday shows : ) Take care x
ReplyDeletehey john....you can't beat a black and white combo so that's my favourite. please, please may I win a stamp set haha x
ReplyDeleteLove both of the cards but I pinned my fav. https://www.pinterest.com/pin/415386765609355779/
ReplyDeleteI cant choose between these two John , they are both stunning.xx
ReplyDeleteThey are both gorgeous, but I have to choose #2 as my favorite! I love the colors and the background paper design!
ReplyDeleteHello John
ReplyDeletelovely to see you have a paper pad as well as stamps now-catching up to Mr Phill ! and his super range- love card number one best I think, but it's a hard choice. as all your cards are just fantastic.
Hi John, your cards are always amazing 👍🏼 but I really love the black and white partridge, it is soooo classy
ReplyDeleteHi John like both but the red is my favourite. Ali
ReplyDeleteHi John both cards are lovely but the black one gets my vote.
ReplyDelete