Happy Wednesday,
Well its a new month which means a new selection over at the Creative Expressions design team blog. Its always worth popping over to see what the team have come up with and this month the stamping team have been given my paper pack to deal with so that will be interesting!
Today's card is made using the new Peace Dove festive die with the snowflake background which is fast becoming my fave of this years Christmas range. I stated by cutting the background in aqua foundation card with the centre oval die in place. Next I cut around the edge of the die so that I just got the background with a thin bored. I then mounted this onto acetate so that it could float over the background piece.
To make the sparkly background i covered a piece of scrap card with a double sided adhesive sheet and sprinkled over silver mica flakes. The mica flakes are a lot more substantial than the mica powder and have a really beautiful shine and sheen to them. Next I cut a larger frame for the die cut so that a layer of the background was visible around the edge (well you don't waste a good background by hiding out too much! I foam mounted this over and added a pierced mat of aqua and a thinner vintage silver layer to frame the piece.
The tip is made using more of the scrap card with the adhesive which I cut the Peace word and dove from. I then covered these in the mica flakes and from mounted them in the centre over an oval of aqua card (just using the other oval in the background set)
Finally a rhinestone star spray ( I have gone all bling haven't i?) and finished.
It would be great if you could click HERE and leave a comment on the CE Design Team blog!
Ingredients:
Creative Expressions Craft dies by Sue Wilson
Snowflake background
Peace Dove
Aqua and vintage silver foundation card
Silver mica flakes
CE Double sided adhesive sheets (A4)
Enjoy...
Morning John, a stunner today, the dove of peace die was the first one of Sue's collection that I bought, I think it is gorgeous and you have done it proud with this card, yes got to try it.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy Wednesday, stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Morning John, a gorgeous and different Christmas card love the dove and peace die must go look for it.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteA real beauty. Thank you take care Kitty.
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteAnother beautiful card today, I love this background die and am fortunate it's in my ever growing collection.
Thanks for all your ideas
Maggie
Gorgeous card, love all the sparkle.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Hi John, a beautiful card this morning, love it all. Bx
ReplyDeleteA really striking card. Lots of bling! Debra x
ReplyDeleteHi John, Stunning card again, love the dove and peace die ,I have this die but have not used it the way you did on this card,must try!
ReplyDeleteTake care Jane B.
Love bling.....beautiful card
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteBling tastic!!!!!
Lorna D
great card lots of bling ,Laura O
ReplyDeleteIt's a real beauty I love this background die too I think I'm going to have to invest in it!
ReplyDeleteEh up John
ReplyDeleteGosh, very bling. Maybe the birdie and peace would stand out more in a contrasting colour but a super card nonetheless.
Have a great day.
Ang x
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteLovely card, very bling.
Thanks
Heather Treble
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteGreat card, love the bling.
Lydia
X
Gorgeous John. Check your date fr C&C Wednesday is 12th
ReplyDeleteSorry, John, I liked everything you did to this card, until you got to blinging the Dove and Spray - I think that was some bling too much! On the screen, its hard to see them!
ReplyDeleteI'm Ang on this one, John. The bird seems to disappear a bit - I suspect it is one of those cards that look better in real life.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Hi John
ReplyDeleteLove the concept if the card. However, the bling us much to much as it all blends in together and the designs get lost in each other.
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteYep, it's a bit too much - but I love the background die.
Hugs, Rose
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteLovely card with the gilding flakes, would have liked to see the dove in a different colour, but as someone has already said it may look better in the flesh.
Love Janet x
from Wakefield
Love the background, but the dove disappears.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Lovely bling and I just love the background. SueL x
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteI Really Am So Very Happy The Christmas Cards, Is Back It's Just I Have So Very Many To Make So Gaining All Your Tips Etc: Is Just Great And Greatly Received.
Thanks For Sharing John.
Hugs From Sam x
Morning John, a lovely card but I think you loose the Peace Dove a little perhaps it would have been better to either do it in a different colour or shadow mount it to make it stand out from the background. Or it may just be the photo that does not do the card justice
ReplyDeleteWendyxx
Too blingy for me, cannot see the centre piece, like the idea but not the final stage....luv Ursula xx
ReplyDeleteToo blingy for me, cannot see the centre piece, like the idea but not the final stage....luv Ursula xx
ReplyDeleteI love both dies but I think the dove looks lost on this card,
ReplyDeleteI love the background and the colours but I do think the dove would look better in another colour to make it stand out more.
Lovely card John, O have the Dove and Peace die, but have not got round to using it yet! Linda.
ReplyDeleteHi John, lovely card th dove die is great.Take Care Melody xxx
ReplyDeleteStunning card John, love it.
ReplyDeleteLove & hugs
jacquie J xxx
http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/