Happy Monday,
I hope you have all seen the launch of Sue Wilson's 10 new festive dies over on her blog Particraft? These are a stunning addition IMHO, to the festive collection so I thought I would show a few cards made using them over the next few days.
To start with I thought I would share the Joy to the world die card I made, as you know by now I love the idea of having a die that will make more complex and batch cards for Christmas I think this is perfect for that!
I stared by die cutting the joy to the world die in coconut white foundation card, I cut a larger 2cm bored all the way round and whilst still in the die I inked through using scarlet woman colour cloud blending ink. I foam mounted this over a piece of rich red card to which I had added double sided adhesive sheet and Iced Snow.
next I added a few layers of coconut white and rich red embossing the final white layer with the new holly lattice A4 embossing folder.
To decorate the card I stamped the shaded poinsettia stamp to die for, designed by me as sue revealed on her blog, in perfect medium onto rich red card and heat embossed it with true white detail embossing powder. I stamped 2 of each size and cut them out with the matching die before pinching the petals to make a 3D flower in each size. I added a pearl embellishment in the centre and a bow tied with black cord (both from my stash).
I finished with a couple of stick pins I made form Sue;s stick pin elements set and some stick on pearl swirls for that extra opulence! This card could, honestly, be simplified for batch cards.
Ingredients:
Creative Expressions Craft dies by Sue Wilson
Joy to the world background
classic poinsettia
Shaded poinsettia stamp to die for set
rich red, coconut white & Black foundation card
Cosmic Shimmer true white detail embossing powder
stick pin elements with scarlet teardrop beads
pearl swirls
Enjoy...
Updated I will run a comment game to win one of my Christmas backgrounds from tomorrow!
Really elegant card John, love the rich colour
ReplyDeleteLooking forward to the comment game!
Carol
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteJust beautiful thank you. Take care Kitty.
Morning John, absolutely gorgeous definately one to replicate at Christmas this will be one of my batch cards for sure. Looking forward to tomorrow for your comment game.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Good morning John this is a gorgeous card I love the new die. I agree this die looks very useful. Have a great week. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteHi John, a gorgeous and sumptuous card, love the shade of the deep red card. Sue's new die designs are fantastic, and this one would be great for cards this Festive season. Have a great day. Bx
ReplyDeleteA stunning card. The background die looks great and the floral element - well! It's gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Hi John,
ReplyDeletesumptuous card - love it.
Technology sometimes has a habit of tripping us up. But that's just to keep us on our toes :-)
Best wishes, Rose
Morning John, A gorgeous card, very decadent looking, and beautiful rich colours.
ReplyDeleteI did a little 'happy dance' when I read you are running a competition for one of your background stamps, I'm so excited.
Lots of love from Patricia xx
Gorgeous card, yet more giveaways.
ReplyDeleteHave I missed the stamps giveaway names yet?
Michele
A gorgeous card, John. I love the way the die looks with the ink.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Hi John
ReplyDeleteagree completely 100% Sue's dies are fantastically stunning and a great addition to anyone's die collection. The card this morning is just beautiful !
Absolutely gorgeous card! Those poinsettia are just lovely. Debra x
ReplyDeleteLove the colours and I love the card:0)
ReplyDeleteSandy (tort)
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteAnother stunning card today. Another must have die at this rate I will be bankrupt soon lol.
I did buy 2 more of Sue's new Christmas collection on Saturday, and had ordered more of your stamps and your paper pack. Just fingers itching to get going.
Will have to wait until evenings though as will have 4 of our grandchildren here today and tomorrow daytime.
I am teaching them card making but they are too young to let loose on my precious stash lol.
Have a great day
I look forward to tomorrow's card in anticipation.
Thanks
Maggie
Hi John, A gorgeous card to start of the week ! Look forward to the competition and congrats to the winner of last weeks draw. Take care Jane B.
ReplyDeleteGood morning John, thankyou once again, I couldn't believe it when
ReplyDeleteI saw my name!!!
I agree this is stunning it's one to add to the collection!!! Who am I
kidding we need everything :)
Have a good one!!!
Loopy Lynda xxx
Morning John
ReplyDeleteWHAT CAN I SAY OTHER THAN "WOW WOW WOW" Your Card Is Truly "Tremendous" "Rich" "Opulent" And "Extremely Stunning" Any Recipient Would Be Truly Thrilled To Receive This Awsome Card.
John Thank You For Sharing
Hugs From Sam x
Good morning John such rich colour on your card quite a stand out for the mantlepiece love from Jackie xx
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card John and the flowers are stunning, xxx
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card, the joy to the world background looks fabulous in these colours and the poinsettias are stunning.
Thanks for sharing,
Heather Treble
Morning John, now this is a really beautiful card, by inking whilst still in the die it brings out the wording beautifully, love it. Your a clever little sausage aren't you he he.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy Monday everyone, stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Very opulent Great for complex and simpler cards Can't wait to see what else you do with your stamps and the new dies
ReplyDeleteEh up John
ReplyDeleteWhat a beauty! Full of festive richness. Love rich red for Christmas.
Fantastic.
Have a great day.
Ang x
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteFabulous rich and opulent card and the poinsettia's are gorgeous.
Congrats to Lynda
Love Janet
from Wakefield
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteA very rich and classy card.
Lydia
X
As you say, the joy die will be great for batch cards, but how you have added the poinsettias makes the card so classy and special. SueL x
ReplyDeleteA lovely card John.
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteStunning card, love the whole design of this.
Sorry I have not commented of late I have been away with no access to a computer!!!
I do hope your last show recorded as I know the first did not through storms lol! I shall go and check.
Happy crafting
Love & hugs
Jacquie J xxx
http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/
What a gorgeous card today, I love the rich colour and the use of ink to highlight the words.
ReplyDeleteI have just ordered this die so will definitely have a go at making this one.
A stunning card John. Great colour. X
ReplyDeleteBeautiful John, stunning especially the poinsettias,.
ReplyDeleteLove Val x
Fabulous colour and the poinsettias are beautiful. Pat x
ReplyDeleteHi John, absolutely stunning card today an I love the poinsettia. Take Care Melody xxx
ReplyDeleteThis card is in a class of it's own .Absolutely Stunning. Gloria (Sidcup ) xx
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card, love those poinsettias xxx
ReplyDeleteSuch an elegant card John, those poinsettias are amazing!
ReplyDeleteJulie x
Hi John
ReplyDeleteHad to come back and see if I'd left a comment, and I hadnt. Lovely card today. Love the red and white design and the dies you've ysed.
Beautiful card. I love the colors and presentation. I love your stamps and creations. To win one would be....well amazing!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card. I love the colors and presentation. I love your stamps and creations. To win one would be....well amazing!
ReplyDeleteSuch an elegant card! Love what you did with the die and the poinsettias.
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteplaying a bit of catch up on your posts, and couldn't let this one go without a comment.
My this is another stunningly superb card.
I love it, and the colour is so rich and elegant.
Superb designing as always.
Crafty Regards. Jenny L.
Oooh, that is gorgeous, was dithering about buying that die, just made my mind up.
ReplyDeleteChris