Happy Friday,
I'm at Apple Crafts in Chapel St Leonard's today demoing the new Festive Range of dies from Sue Wilson. I thought this was a great opportunity to show one of the card I will be demoing.
This card is made with the new Snowflake lattice festive die that was released last week. I started with a square 18x18cm of cobalt foundation card. I embossed this with the new stars embossing folder and rubbed enchanted gold gilding wax and polished it off with a wet wipe. Next I cut 2 of the snowflake borders in coat and layered them, back to back, with a strip of White seam binding and double white strip pearls. I layered this onto a strip of coconut white and added a border of cobalt and white. I foam mounted this in the centre of the embossed panel and added this to a card blank at 20x20cm with a few layers of white and cobalt.
Next I cut the largest die in the snowflake set in white card. I cut the next die in cobalt and finished with the smallest die in the set. I added white Matt PVA dots to the snowflakes and the word snow which I clipped from the peaking snowflake die set (the actual phrase is let it snow but I nixed the let it!)
I added this to the nibble of the border strip and added a double messy bowed large pearl embellishment.
Ingredients:
Creative Expressions Craft dies by Sue Wilson
Snowflake Lattice
Peaking snowflakes
Snowflake corner, border and tag
Cobalt & Coconut white foundation card.
Enjoy...
There will be a bonus blog post going live later today so keep checking back!?!
Good morning John you and Sue are thinking alike with the blue this morning. A very striking card so many pretty elements love from Jackie xx
ReplyDeleteMorning John, another winner of a Christmas card I was going to say you and Sue are thinking the same this morning but Jackie beat me to it.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Beautiful card today John, love the Blue and white theme. Linda.
ReplyDeleteGood morning John, they say great minds think alike!!! Love it!!!
ReplyDeleteHave a safe trip!!!
Have a good one!!!
Loopy Lynda xxx
A lovely colour combo John enjoy your day xx
ReplyDeleteSuch a lovely festive looking card John, it looks great.
ReplyDeleteHave a nice day on the road out and about!
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteWhat Can I Say Your Card Today Is Truly Tremendous I Just Love The Fabulous Rich Opulent Colour Palette You've Used And The Beautiful Embossing Folder And Die Of Which I Have So I Could Try And Have A Go At This Wonderful Card Thanks John For Sharing.
Hugs From Sam x
Morning John, oh what a delight it is to open you blog every day, today's card is so gorgeous, I would love to make this in our craft group, would you give me permission to do this, I will of course give you all the credit, but I would understand if you said no (not that I would want you to!!). The cobalt blue colour is so beautiful and you would not think that it is a Christmas one but really it is gorgeous, I love it. Then we have another blog later today, two for the price of one, I love those offers.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy Friday everyone, stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Good Morning John,
ReplyDeleteThis card is stunning, shouldn't surprise me as its your design, no other words but Wow. I will try and have a go at this one but it definitely won't look like you're 😊
Thanks for the inspiration you give me.
Maggie
Wow! A stunning card, just love it.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Wow, such a stunner today John!
ReplyDeleteThanks
Carol
Gorgeous, xxx
ReplyDeleteHi John, the card today is incredible. The cobalt blue is such a striking colour to work with, love the layout. Looking forward to the bonus blog post. Bx
ReplyDeleteGood morning John this is a gorgeous Christmas card. I love the colours and the dies are beautiful. I hope I don't miss your extra post we are off to Bournemouth this afternoon we are seeing Michael McIntyre later. Have a great day today. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteStunning card John.
ReplyDeleteRosemary xx
Morning John, what a fabulous card, I think I am now converted to Blue and White Christmas Cards after seeing yours and Sue's this morning.
ReplyDeleteWendyx
A beautiful card, John.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Gorgeous card John! Love the blue and white and your card design is wonderful. Have a good day demoing. Debra x
ReplyDeleteWow-very striking card, really gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Hi John, what a delight to open your blog today and find a stunning card looking at me in a lovely colour!! Superb design too John.
ReplyDeleteHave a nice weekend I'll pop in later ,take care Jane B.
This is tremendous A perfect Christmas card but substitute another colour and border and it's a layout for all sorts of occasions
ReplyDeleteAnother beauty John loving these dies and your style , Such a beautiful bow too love the pearls down the center of the ribbon, nice touch.
ReplyDeleteHave a great day.
Elaine H X
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteA stunning card, love everything about it. The snowflake lattice die looks so pretty, oh dear that wish list is getting longer!
Thanks for the inspiration,
Heather Treble
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card, love it all. Enjoy your day.
Lydia
X
Hi John. Beautiful card using one of my favourites this year, the snowflake border. I especially like the cobalt blue you have used today. SueL x
ReplyDeleteYou certainly have made a beautiful card with this lovely die John. Love everything about it.
ReplyDeleteLove Val x
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteWOW and STUNNING comes to mind straight away....lovely rich blue and white!
Love Janet x
from Wakefield
Hi John
ReplyDeleteWhat a stunning card today. Love the colours you've used as well. Luckily I've just bought Snowflake borders and tags and the Lattice Die as well after seeing the cards you and Sue have used these on. So will be making a variation of this card.
Love the dark contrast to this one John.
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful card John, the dies are so wonderfully detailed and I love the embossed background Pat x
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteLovely card and lovely die. So glad I got it.
Best wishes, Rose
Such a pretty card. Love everything about the card. from the colour scheme to the layout of the die cuts and the embellishment...absolutely fabulous. Thanks for the inspiration.
ReplyDeleteMorning John, Ohhhhh, this is gorgeous. Enjoy your demo day.
ReplyDeleteLots of love from Patricia xx
Hi John, Gorgeous card today, hope you did not 'nibble' it!
ReplyDeleteLove Nancy xx
Lovely card John...luv Ursula x
ReplyDeleteHi John, lovely card again, lucky ladies at your demos today. Have a good day...Carol xxxx
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteSnowflakes and blue and stars!!! I love it!
Hugs, T x
This is the best yet!!! Love the colors
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card John.
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card! Love those snowflake dies!
ReplyDeleteGood Afternoon. Like this card, after white on white, blue and white is my favourite.
ReplyDeleteKind regards. Sandra Kent
Oh wow another stunning card, love every thing about this one.
ReplyDeleteI am goung to have to get those dies now lol
Very pretty card. I really like the Colorado and dies used.
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteStunning, Beautiful card. Love the colours.
Hope you had a good day,
hugs Maria x
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteLovely card, will have to make this one when my new dies arrive. It will take awhile as I'm in Canada. Can't wait to see the new channel, hope we can get here.
Eh up John
ReplyDeleteBetter late than never. Gorgeous card. Loving the cobalt and the border die is great and cuts beautifully.
Off to read your bonus post.
Ang x
I love this card John!! The cobalt blue is my favorite color and I just love the dies you used.
ReplyDeleteThank you for such lovely cards.
Shirley
Beautiful card. Thanks for sharing. AliJ
ReplyDeleteHi John, lovely card beautiful colours the new festive dies are wonderful. Take Care Melody xxx
ReplyDeleteHi John. What a beautiful card, I love the blue/white colours and Sue's gorgeous dies. Take care x
ReplyDelete