Ive titled today's post Kitchen Sink because I felt, as I was making this, as if I was throwing everything at this card however I love the way it has come out! Todays "vintage" collection is the Spanish collection namely the Background and Border, corner and tag.
I stared by cutting the border strip twice in bright white and backed it with brunswick green. I then cut the background into white and backed this with more of the green. I added the borders down each side and added the whole piece to a larger set of layers in white and green.
Next I cut another border in white backed with a larger piece of green and set some of the other dies in the Spanish Collection to back the spanish tag cut in green i the centre. I wrapped this across the front of the card adding rhinestones in a strip and in the edges.
A very busy card but I do like the simplicity of the colour and the flowers!
Enjoy...
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteLove today's card. My first thoughts were busy but fresh. Anyway I like it!
Have a great day.
Happy crafting.
D xx
Morning John, lovely card, certainly reminds me of a garden fence with the ivy trailing down and the little white flowers, yes I like it. I want to thank you for bring back some of the older dies,they need to have their day again.
ReplyDeleteStay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Hi john what a stunning card love the colours and the dies thank you tracyw x
ReplyDeleteA very striking card John I do like the green xx
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteYes at first I thought is seemed rather busy but taking a longer look at your detail and colours I really love it.
Jan
Very striking, love it.
ReplyDeleteAnnette x
I agree with Jan's comments and like her I really like the card.Joyce x
ReplyDeleteNot for me today John - too busy. However I do like the colour way and can take some of the elements from it so thank you!
ReplyDeleteMaggie B xx
Good morning John you were right it's got everything on it but the more I look at it the more I like it
ReplyDeleteHave a lovely day
Debs xx
Great card, I think the simple colour scheme keeps it from appearing too busy & like others-it's great to see older dies being used again.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Good morning John
ReplyDeleteI too like the simplicity of this card, and the colour combo
June x
Hi John, bit too green for me, but love the concept. Have a great weekend. Love Rosemarie X
ReplyDeleteEffective!
ReplyDeleteMorning John and crafters all
ReplyDeletePretty card, love the older dies.
Yes it does look busy but it works. The camillia flowers with the rhinestones take your eyes there.
Keep them coming John.
Love and crafty hugs to all
Tina T xxxxx
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteWow this is a 'busy' card but I do like it.
I have some of the Spanish collection of dies, they are lovely.
Maggie
Morning John, absolutely gorgeous doesn't look too busy with just the two colours.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Hi John. Well you couldn't be had under the Trades Description Act as you have certainly thrown everything at this card. Normally I would have thought it would have been too busy but I think that you have tied it all together nicely by using the trailing ivy and flowers. Love it.
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
Good morning John what a great card and for me the ivy really brings it all together love from Jackie xx
ReplyDeleteA little too busy for me although there are elements of this card that I do like. I certainly like the colour combination.
ReplyDeleteT
Hi John
ReplyDeleteA bit too busy for me, but probably easier to pick out the elements in real life (photos never do justice).
B xx
Stunning card John it makes me think weddings the dies are brill love the flowers
ReplyDeleteLove June horrocks xxxxxx
wow love this one John. The Spanish background is one of my favourites and I think one of my most used dies but may have to cheat and copy this idea as I really love it.
ReplyDeleteHave a great day everyone
Hugs
Helen xx
Morning John a pretty card and a lovely colour combination. I have to say that I don't use green very much but this looks so clean and fresh.
ReplyDeleteWendyx
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteVery OTT, sticking though.
Lydia
X
Sorry, this not for me this morning, John although there are some design ideas that I like.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Eh up John
ReplyDeleteSink, cooker and fridge methinks, busy but I like it lol!
You're now the Rhinestone Craftboy lol!
Ang x
Oh wow John that really is just stunning I dont think I have ever seen such a fabulous display of diecuts, that really is a brilliant result, well done you, and I would love to own that card its beyond gorgeous. hugs Shirleyxxxx
ReplyDeleteMorning John, apt title but somehow it works. Wakey L
ReplyDeleteGood morning John, today's card is a little busy for me but I do love the colour combination.
ReplyDeleteHi John. Not my most favourite of your cards, but does look like a lot of work went into it. Good to see it though. SueL x
ReplyDeleteLovely colour combo but maybe a tad busy. Lots to look at!
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteI love the Spanish dies (well, I love all of Sue's really :-) ), and whilst it is an extremely busy card it's really nice to look at it and discover all the many elements.
Hugs, Rose
Not sure how I feel about this card as I hate green but I do like the design, maybe in blue perhaps. Must have taken ages to make as there is so much going on.
ReplyDeleteI love that. I think just using the green and white means that you can get away with having so much stuff on the card. I think it's turned out really well.
ReplyDeleteIt is gorgeous but a bit too busy for me
ReplyDeleteHello John I love your colour theme on this card, so fresh looking and gorgeous dies going into a very beautifully designed card, Kate x
ReplyDeleteLooks like a St Patrick's Day card to me! All those tiny single flowers look like white shamrock flowers. Lovely.
ReplyDeleteLovely card John. I don't think it's too busy. Just right. Thanks for using the old dies. Take care.
ReplyDeleteWow, so much going on with this card John, gorgeous, xxxx
ReplyDeleteHi John,As you say a very busy card but I think it works really well. I don't have these dies but I know I have some that could make a similar version.The ideas you give us are always amazing and it does stimulate the old grey matter.Lovee the simplicity of the colour scheme.Take care Barbara D x
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeletenow although green has never been my most favourite colour flower, this card just reminds me of one of those plant conservetory places(you know the posh ones that only the mega rich can afford to potter in) which it's cascading blooms and yes it might appear to white and green to some and too busy but it sends me to a tropical paradise. Thnak you flower
Love and crafty hugs
Norah (Glenochil Village)
Hi John this is a gorgeous card I love the design and the colours you have used. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteHi John, a gorgeous card, love the shade of green used with the white. Take care. Bx
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteYour kitchen sink just turned into a vintage garden, love the Green and White together, and I bet the card looks even more stunning in real life. I'm very guilty of putting too much onto a card sometimes, just don't know when to stop, but I love your creation
Chris xx
Beautiful john x like a lovely trellis full of ivy and cascading blooms x I love it x
ReplyDeleteTheresa w x
Hi john, when i first saw this card i thought it was a bit busy but the more i see it the more i love it.
ReplyDeleteAll the little details and the perfect colour combo.