I hope those of you who watched my shows yesterday enjoyed them as much as I did! I had so much fun playing with the dies and the alcohol inks.
I thought I would post another of the samples from the shows today starting with this possible valentines card?
. I then used my black Graphmaster pen to make the centres and add some definition.
I covered a piece of the gloss card with a mixture of poppy field, Valencia and raspberry ink and cut this out with the smaller heart form the Heart of Hearts die by Sue Wilson for Creative expressions. I added a mat of black cut with the larger die and mounted this in the centre of a larger 8"x8" card blank onto which I had matted and layers the flower piece.
I added the same ink colours to a piece of the Yupo paper and stamped with black archival the Love and You form the heart stamps bundle. I polished off the ink which leaves this resist look ( this only works in this way on Youp paper) I matted this with black and added this across the bottom.
A very bright card for me but I love the gloss look and the intensity go the colours.
Enjoy...
Love the heart and flowers on this.
ReplyDeleteLove this, it's so different. Shows were great, loved the 'setting on fire technique'. Time to bring out my alcohol inks I think, oh and a cigarette lighter!!!
ReplyDeleteAnnette x
Hi John, I love this card, poppies are my favourite flower. Your shows yesterday were amazing, craft rooms around the country will be alight!!!! I better get a fire extinguisher, I can see it might be needed. absolutely brilliant John. Rosemarie X
ReplyDeleteMorning John, fantastic, watched you do this technique on Hochanda, brilliant.
ReplyDeleteStay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Such a clever technique to get this effect. Hope to catch up with yesterday's show today.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Fantastic card John. Didn't manage to catch all your shows yesterday, but they have been recorded and I hope to catch up on them later today.
ReplyDeleteMarion S x
Good morning John this is a gorgeous card I love it. Have a great day today. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteLovely card, really enjoyed all your shows-watched them last night.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card just right for Valentine's Day,
Loved your shows and all of your demos.
Really looking forward to the shows at the weekend.
Maggie
Hi John
ReplyDeleteA fabulous card, and great shows. I love the heart, the colour looks amazing.
B xx
Morning John
ReplyDeleteMore great shows yesterday.A card like this will suit my very modern grand daughter for her birthday.It's brilliant.
Jan
Just catching up on shows while John is in bed, talk soon, xxx
ReplyDeleteMorning John, Wow !! I thought you had gone 'berserk' when I saw you 'set alight' the alcohol inks haha, that was the 'chef' in you, coming out, fantastic tips, thank you.
ReplyDeleteLots of love from Patricia xx
A stunning card. I loved watching you on the shows, having so much fun with the alcohol inks. I am not sure if I will be brave enough to go in this direction, but I certainly enjoyed watching.
ReplyDeleteHave a lovely day
Helen xx
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteGreat card, I did manage to catch some of the shows, looked like you were enjoying yourself.
Lydia
X
I am going to have to get some Yupo paper - the results are just amazing. Love this card, John.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Just love Yupo paper great to see so many more people using it now. x
ReplyDeleteJust love this John watched you do this on hochanda love the colour poppies are my favourites xxxxxx
ReplyDeleteLove June horrocks
Good Morning John Oh I adore what youve done with those Alcohol inks they really are striking and such a beautiful card is the result. hugs Shirleyxxx
ReplyDeleteMorning John, great shows yesterday although I did not manage to catch all of them so still something to look forward to. Love the card today and agree that it would make a great Valentine card.
ReplyDeleteWendyx
Morning John, a fabulous card and love what you do with the alcohol inks.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Stunning card John. Janice xx http://createdbyjan.blogspot.com
ReplyDeleteAmazing work John, beautifully designed, love it Kate x
ReplyDeleteReally enjoyed your shows, John and the colours you used are just so vibrant. Many thanks.
ReplyDeleteJohn, this card is SINGING to me, I LOVE LOVE LOVE that Valencia and Poppyfield, can't wait to receive it. BUT your blues/greens are also fabulous, thank goodness I don't have to choose but have just bought them, also adding in my citrus (this colour is a MUST in my stash).
ReplyDeleteYour shows were just amazing, so many tips and fantastic demos. \
Thanks a million.
Hugs, Rose
Hi John. I have been watching your shows on catch up and I am amazed at the effects that can be created. I must admit that I was a bit concerned about you burning your fingers when burning off the alcohol although having worked in a kitchen I bet you probably have asbestos fingers!!!
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
Hi John Gorgeous card and the colours are fantastic.
ReplyDeleteLoved the shows and such fantastic demo's waiting for some more inks to come but not got the lighter yet .
Thank you again John really enjoyed the shows.
jeanie.e xxx
Great card John and love the technique.
ReplyDeleteLove Valxxx
That's really beautiful John. I loved the shows yesterday - so many fascinating techniques. I have a box of alcohol inks that I've never used. Might have to get them out and have a go, then buy some of those beautiful vivid colours!
ReplyDeleteStriking card john I love it x
ReplyDeleteTheresa w x
Hi John. Really enjoyed your shows yesterday although I don't think I'll be trying the technique just yet, want to master my new Graphmaster pens first. SueL x
ReplyDeleteI did enjoy your shows on Hochanda. The photos of you card did not come through on your email.
ReplyDeleteHi John, I am in Canada and there are no pictures showing at all. I've also been having problems pinning Sue Wilson's cards but up until today yours have been fine.
ReplyDeleteLori from Canada
Hi John I don't have any images for todays and yesterdays card either.
ReplyDeleteAlso having trouble pinning Sue's cards for the last few days too.
I have no images either !!!
ReplyDeleteHello John, I'm in the USA and I'm not getting any pictures either. Also like several others having troubles pinning Sue's cards as well.
ReplyDeleteI have no images either 🙁
ReplyDeleteSorry John, cannot comment, no pictures came through on my computer!!
ReplyDeleteLove Nanvy xx
Eh up John
ReplyDeleteI'm sending Mr D round for a lesson in how to make this as I'd adore it for a Valentine card.
I wonder how many insurance claims will go in that start "Well, I was burning alcohol off me card in the craft room when.........." Lol!
Ang x
I am not getting any pictures but loved all yesterday's shows and all the techniques you showed us. Thank you.
ReplyDelete